Cont Roommate

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seriously Jack, I’m not going to send you a picture of my s!!” Kyrstal shouted over the phone before she ended the call. “God!” Krystal exclaimed to herself. “Guys are just sick!!!” She exclaimed again to herself.

“Yeah, tell me about it.” Suddenly there was a voice coming from her bedroom door.

“Unnie? What are you doing here?” Krystal was surprised to see her sister at the house that night. She then looked at the clock and it was almost 10.30pm. “Urgh.. Long story.” Jessica sighed before she landed herself on Krystal’s bed.

“Is Sooyoung here?” Krystal asked her sister another question.

“No Krystal. She’s not here.” Jessica answered lazily. Krystal could sense that something must happen between them. That explains why her sister was there that night. It had been awhile since Jessica was last at the house. Ever since she got together with Sooyoung, she would only go back to the house if she had to.  

“Do you wanna talk about it?” Krystal asked. She was sitting on her desk doing her assignment.

“I don’t feel like it.” Jessica said as she placed her arm on her forehead.

“Hmm okay. Does mum knows you’re here?” Krystal asked.

“I don’t know.” Jessica responded with her eyes closed and her arm still on her forehead. She really didn’t expect herself to be there, she didn’t expect her Friday night would end up like that. She didn’t even want to think of how her weekend would be like.

“I think they are out.” Jessica added. She didn’t see her father’s car parked outside at the porch. “I think they have a gala or something..” Krystal was trying to remember what her mother said earlier that evening.

“Anyways, I’m just here if you would like to talk.” Krystal said softly to her sister. “Are you busy?” Jessica asked her baby sister.

“Hmm not that much.”

“Do you wanna go for a walk?” Jessica asked out of the blue.

“Can we stop for frozen yogurt?” Krystal responded with a question. There was a frozen yogurt store nearby their house that opened 24 hours. “Yeah sure.” Jessica said. She just needed to clear her mind. She stood up from the bed and walked towards the door. “I’ll wait downstairs. Take a jacket, it’s cold outside.” Jessica said to Krystal before she left the room.

They were out of the house in just less than 5 minutes. There was a big park across the Jung’s residence. “How’s school?” Jessica asked her sister. She somehow felt a bit guilty for not being around that much. The past 7 months had gone by so fast.

“Don’t worry about me.” Krystal replied with a smile. She just felt good at that time, it’s been awhile since she last got to spend time with Jessica.

“Are your grades okay?” Jessica asked. She really needed something to distract her mind of what happened earlier.

“Unnie, don’t worry. My grades are fine.” Krystal said again, reassuring her sister. “Anyway, I took French as an extra subject.” Krystal informed excitedly.

“I thought your French is already good?” Jessica asked back. She remembered Krystal used to take a French course when she was in Paris a few years ago for summer camp.

“Je connais.” Krystal replied in French saying ‘I know’.

“Then, pourquoi l'avez-vous pris?” Jessica replied back in French saying “Why did you take it?”. Both of them were required or actually were being forced by their mother to take multiple languages when they were growing up. “You should have opt for a different language instead so that you can learn something new.” Jessica gave her opinion.

“Well I have my reasons unnie.” Krystal smiled to herself. “Don’t tell me you have a crush on the French instructor?” Jessica could sense.

“No I’m not!” Krystal quickly countered. Although it was actually true, she just didn’t expect Jessica to figure out that quick. “Hmm okay then. As much as I don’t trust you, I will give you the benefit of a doubt here.” Jessica looked at her sister.   

*BEEP. There was an incoming text on Krystal’s phone. She took h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter