The Jungs Part 2

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Baby, please no more jokes.” Jessica whined softly to her girlfriend. Both of them were in the kitchen as they were preparing dinner while Mr Jung and Mrs Jung were at dining table and Krystal on the other hand was playing with Sooyoung’s xbox one.

“What’s wrong with the joke earlier? It was funny right?”

“No it wasn’t.” Jessica shook her head.

“Aww man..” Sooyoung whined. “Or maybe I should think of another joke?” Sooyoung asked herself.

“Sooyoungggg.. What did I just sayyy..” Jessica was clearly in stress. The fact that she had to cook chicken the whole evening made it even worst. She felt like vomiting but she tried her best to go through with it. Since she had invested her time for so long grilling the barbeque chicken, she didn’t have enough time to cook a proper vegan dish for herself. She did prepare a salad, but it was a chicken salad.

“Jessica, can you please calm down.” Sooyoung said softly as she held Jessica’s arms. Jessica just let out a long deep sigh. She badly wanted her mother to like Sooyoung but so far, it was not going to plan. “Everything will be alright.” Sooyoung added.

“You don’t know her. She’s difficult.” Jessica replied.

“Well, you were difficult before. Like mother like daughter.” Sooyoung smirked before she took the bowl of the chicken salad and walked out of the kitchen. Jessica somehow had a smile on her face before she carried a plateful of barbeque grilled chicken and followed Sooyoung out of the kitchen.  

“Krys, switch that off.” Jessica instructed Krystal to end the game and joined them at the table. Krystal sometimes stopped by their apartment to have dinner and play games with Sooyoung, so she’s pretty comfortable being around the apartment.

“Since when are you cooking chicken?” Mrs Jung questioned in her serious voice. She knew her daughter pretty well, she knew ever since Jessica turned vegan, she wouldn’t even want to get close to any non-vegan products. “Hmm since today.” Jessica responded without even looking at her mother. She then put the big plate at the center of the table.

“Oh chicken is like Sooyoung’s ultimate favorite thing in the world.” Krystal giggled.  Sooyoung at the time had to go back inside the kitchen to take a stool for herself to sit since the dining table was just a small 4 seater table.

“I wouldn’t be surprise if you’re not even vegan anymore.” Mrs Jung mumbled sarcastically. Jessica chose to ignore what her mother just said. She didn’t want anything to get into her that night. Sooyoung came back with the stool and she placed the stool next to where Jessica was sitting. “Wait, I’ll sit there.” Kyrstal offered herself to sit on the stool. So Sooyoung could sit on the chair next Jessica in front of Mr and Mrs Jung.

“Hmm okay.” Sooyoung said back. “Thanks Krys.” Jessica smiled to her sister.

“You cook all these honey?” Mr Jung started a conversation. “Yes daddy.” Jessica smiled. “But I still saw you at the office around 5pm earlier. I’m impressed that you still managed to get all this done for us.” Mr Jung gave his daughter a warm smile. He was actually proud since that would be the first time Jessica ever cooked like that for them.

“You cook all this by yourself?” Mrs Jung questioned. “She didn’t even help?” She added.

“She cleaned the place.” Jessica responded.

“Oh am I supposed to be impressed that she cleaned this whole tiny apartment by herself?” Mrs Jung asked boldly. “Mum..” Jessica sighed. “What? Knowing that how difficult it must be for you to cook all these. And she didn’t even help?” Mrs Jung asked sarcastically.

“I didn’t help you in the kitchen either.” Mr Jung said innocently. “That’s different!” Mrs Jung exclaimed.

“It is different mum, because I couldnt even remember when was the last time you were in the kitchen.” It was Kyrstal’s time to join in the conversation.

“Now, everyone’s against me??” Mrs Jung asked loudly.

“Mum, please. No one is against you.” Jessica said. “Can’t we just enjoy the night?” Krystal asked looking at her mother.

“How do you expect me to enjoy this? Tell me Jessica Jung.” Mrs Jung was clearly not okay. Sooyoung at the time felt like she should just keep quiet. “Mum, I don’t want to fight with you.” Jessica replied. “Do you think I come here to fight?” Mrs Jung questioned back.

Jessica let out a long deep sigh as a response. She was starting to get frustrated with her mother for sure. Krystal and Mr Jung on the other hand had already started eating at the time.  “What has gotten into you Jessica?” Mrs Jung questioned again.

“What?” Jessica answered lazily.

“What makes you think that all of this is okay?” Mrs Jung pointed to both Jessica and Sooyoung. “For god sake Jessica, this is embarrassing!” Mrs Jung exclaimed loudly. “I thought we have raised you well.”

“You have indeed raised me well. You have raised me to have courage. Courage to be true to myself.” Jessica replied back.

“People are going to talk. Don’t you realize that you have put shame in the family’s name?” Mrs Jung replied.

“The hell with what people think!  I’m done thinking of what your idiotic friends are going to say!! I am in love with her and there’s nothing anyone can say that would make me change my mind!!! And that includes you!!” Jessica screamed out loud. That was the first time in her life talking to her mother like that. All her life, she would just agree and accept to what she wanted but not this time.

“Jessica Jung!! How dare you talk to me like that!!” Mrs Jung screamed out loud as she was surprised to how her daughter was behaving towards her.

“That is enough!!!” Suddenly Sooyoung stood up from her chair. All eyes were definitely on her at the time. “This is my apartment, at least show a bit of respect!! Or I won’t hesitate to kick everyone out of here!” Sooyung cried out loud. Everyone just went sile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter