The Jungs Part 5 - 31

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ROUND 4

“I got this! I got this!” Mrs Jung was starting to get all hyped up after winning that third round. She was so in the zone! “I can win this!!” She was still talking to herself.

“Can you please not talk out loud like that??” Sooyoung looked at the woman.

“Why? Are you distracted?” Mrs Jung asked back.

“No I’m not distracted. It’s just annoying.” Sooyoung frowned.

“I told you. You’re not the only annoying person in this room. And by the way I want that queen title!” Mrs Jung said with a smile.

“What queen title?” Sooyoung asked back.

“The one that you said earlier, queen of 31.” Mrs Jung smiled.

“WHAT?? NOO! I’m the queen of 31!!!!!” Sooyoung whined.

“Sooyoung, it’s not even real.” Soojin mumbled softly.

“It issss!!!” Sooyoung whined.

“Yes it is. And I will win it fair and square from you.” Mrs Jung was determined.

“Yep, they are annoying.” Krystal looked at Soojin. “Alright, let’s just continue.” Krystal said.

“Okay.” Soojin nodded her head and then straightaway shuffled the cards expertly. She then placed three cards to each of them and then put the remaining pile in the middle. “Okay Sooyoung, you got this.” Soojin looked at her sister.

Sooyoung was a bit nervous to see the cards because if she didn’t win this round, the winner would be determined in the fifth round which she didn’t want. It would be too tense to go to round 5. She slowly took the 3 cards and then she looked at it. She was stunned. Her heart just dropped the moment she saw that she got the exact same sum (9) as the previous round. At that point she knew her run of good luck had ended ever since the draw in round 3 just now.

Sooyoung looked at Mrs Jung and she saw the woman was smiling. Yep, for sure she had lost that round. “Okay Sooyoung, do you need to pick a card?” Krystal asked.

“Yes.” Sooyoung said before she took one card from the pile. She got a jack of spades which made the total sum of her cards from 9 to 19. Still nowhere near 31 so she had to take another one after Mrs Jung had taken hers. It was Mrs Jung’s turn now to take a card but she was just staring at it.

“Are you going to take one mum?” Krystal asked.

“Hmm wait. I have to think.” She responded. “Hmm maybe no. I’ll stick with what I have.” Mrs Jung decided. Sooyoung then straightaway went to pick another card. She got 8 of hearts which made her total from 19 to 27. It would be too risky for her to pick another card so she decided to stop there.

“I’m done.” Sooyoung said nervously.

“Alright in a count of 3. 1, 2.. 3!” Krystal muttered.

“I WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!” Mrs Jung screamed even louder than before. Sooyoung was left speechless because the woman in front of her just won only by 1 point. She got 28. The woman had certainly taken her good luck charm.

“NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Sooyoung screamed her lungs out.

“T THATTTTT!!” Mrs Jung had never been happier in her life.

“Soojin, will I really get in trouble if I go and poke her eyes for real?” Sooyoung whispered to her sister.

After that intense fourth round, Mrs Jung had tied the game with Sooyoung. (Sooyoung 2, Mrs Jung 2)

ROUND 5

“Can we take a break for a minute?” Sooyoung then asked. “Yeah sure. We will take a 5 minutes break before we continue with the last round.” Krystal said. Sooyoung then immediately stood up from the couch and asked her sister to go to the kitchen with her.

“Why Sooyoung?” Soojin asked the moment they entered the kitchen.

“Soojin, what if I lose?” Sooyoung asked nervously. “What? No! You will win this! You have to stay positive!” Soojin exclaimed back to her.

“I don’t have a good feeling about all this.. I shouldn’t have come here..” Sooyoung revealed. “I can’t lose Jessica Soojinnnnnnnn!” Sooyoung started to whine. “You will not lose Jessica!” Soojin held her sister’s shoulders.

“I can live without Jessicaaaaaaa..” Sooyoung whined again. “Please get me out of this mess Soojinnnn!!” She continued with her whining.

“Choi Sooyoung! Listen to me!” Soojin snapped loudly. “I need you to stay focus! You need to win this and I know you will win this. I’m already so proud of you for coming here and wanting to do what’s right for Jessica.” Soojin said softly. “You’ are good person Sooyoung.” Soojin stressed that out.

“I’m nottttttttt!!”

“Choi Sooyoung, you are a good person and a great partner to Jessica. Jessica is the luckiest woman to have someone kind hearted, unselfish and so considerate like you. If that evil woman still failed to see that after all this, then it’s her lost.” Soojin was still trying to encourage her sister.

“Soojin, I think at this point, it’s me who will be at lost.” Sooyoung looked down.

Meanwhile in the living room, both Mrs Jung and Krystal couldn’t help but to overhear the conversation coming from the kitchen. Krystal then looked at her mother. “I know nothing will ever change your mind about her, but she is really one of the nicest..” Krystal didn’t manage to finish her sentence when Mrs Jung interrupted her.

“Yes, nothing will ever change my mind. Nothing.”  Mrs Jung said with a serious face.

A few minutes later, Sooyoung and Soojin appeared back in the living room. “Alrighttt, final round!” Soojin said excitedly. Sooyoung then took a seat on the couch and tried to control all her heavy emotions. Mrs Jung just took a glance at he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter