Another Monday at the Office

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Both Sooyoung and Jessica reached the office around 10.45am since Jessica had to take her to the hospital to change the dressing since Krystal won’t be around that day to help her to change because she had back to back classes. Jessica was determined in making sure that the thumb is healing properly this time around. Sooyoung was supposed to be resting at home because of the thumb, but she insisted to come to the office that day since she wanted to join the meeting with the guard and the security company.

“I’m hungry.” Sooyoung mumbled as they went inside the building. Jessica had to rush to the office after the hospital since she had a discussion before the meeting with the security company. “Hm I have 10minutes to spare, will that be enough?” Jessica asked softly. Sooyoung just nodded her head and then the both of them made their way to the café.

All eyes were definitely towards them as they made their way inside the café. Jessica asker her girlfriend to pick a table while she went to the café’s counter to get something light for the girl to eat. Sooyoung on the other hand just sat at the table looking helpless and tired. (tired from all the screaming she did at the hospital earlier.) When suddenly someone greeted her from behind. 

“Sooyoung!”

Sooyoung turned around and saw it was Luna. Her project mate during the Email Server Project (ESP) the last time. Ever since the project ended, she had never seen the girl anywhere around the office. Luna was actually from the Frauds Department at Level 1.

“Lunaaa!! Where have you been??” Sooyoung stood up from the chair and they shared a hug.

“Oh I just got back from Gangwon. I took a 6months leave because I was doing a short course on Banking Operations.” She revealed.

“Really? That is impressive.” Sooyoung smiled. “I wish I could take that long leave just to stay at home and play games.” Sooyoung mumbled to herself.

“Wait.. why is your thumb still like that????” Luna was surprised the moment she saw the bandaged thumb because the last time she saw Sooyoung, the thumb was still in that exact same state.

“Luna, the last time was on this hand.” Sooyoung showed her other thumb. “The same thing happened to this hand now.” She added. Luna was speechless. “The VP did it to you again??” Luna immediately asked.

“No no! The difference is this time, I did this to myself.” Sooyoung smiled innocently. Luna was even more speechless. “Please don’t think I’m stupid. Although I know I am.” Sooyoung said the moment she saw Luna’s confused face.

“I don’t know how to grasp this information but okay.” Luna laughed. “Anyways, what’s new with you? Are you still at the contact center?” She went on to ask.

“Nope! I’m a team leader for the email team.” Sooyoung revealed. “What? Really?? Congratsss!!!” Luna exclaimed excitedly. She then went on to sit in front of Sooyoung as she wanted to continue talking with the girl.

“Thanks Luna. Are you back in the Fraud Department?” Sooyoung asked.

“Well yeah. But I’m thinking of applying for an internal transfer. I mean I’ve been doing the same thing there for the past 2 years. It’s getting boring.” She informed. “I just want to do something new.” She added.

“I feel you.” Sooyoung nodded. Of all people, she understood the feeling really well. She was stuck with in the contact center for almost 6years before. “If you are open to be a front liner, I would love to have you in my team.” Sooyoung straightaway offered. Email team is considered as a front liner, because they directly served the bank’s customers from all over South Korea. 

“Seriously Sooyoung?? Are you really offering me to join your team???” Luna asked in surprise. Of course, she wanted it. 

“If you really want it, we can discuss this with my girlfriend.” Sooyoung smiled widely. “Your girlfriend?” Luna looked at her weirdly.

“She’s coming now.” Sooyoung smiled and then she pointed towards the person. Luna instantly turned around to look at the person and she was shocked to her very core to see that it was the Vice President of the company. She immediately stood up from the chair to show respect to the woman.

“Baby, there’s only banana muffin. Is that okay? We’ll go have lunch after the meeting okay.” Jessica said as she placed the muffin in front of Sooyoung.

“Sure.” Sooyoung nodded her head. “Babe, do you remember Luna?” Sooyoung asked with a smile.

“Hi Luna, how can I forget? The only person who was nice enough to Sooyoung during the ESP.” Jessica smiled as she looked at the girl who was standing there practically looking like a rock. “Have a seat Luna.” She smiled before she took a seat next to Sooyoung. Luna obeyed the woman and sat nervously. She had never sat that near to the VP before.

“Luna was planning to apply for an internal transfer.” Sooyoung informed her girlfriend.

“Oh that’s good. If you have been working here for more than a year, it is encouraged of you to apply internally. It’s certainly good for you to learn something new and explore other operations within the bank.” Jessica commented.

“Can she apply to be on my team?” Sooyoung straightaway asked.

“Of course. But only if you are open to be in the customer service. It is definitely different than being in the back-end operations.” Jessica replied. In the Frauds Department, they don’t actually liaised straight with the customers, they were more of a backend operations.

“I am open to anything right now.”

“If that’s the case. You are welcomed to apply. Just apply straight from the HR platform alright.” Jessica smiled.

“Thank you so much Ms Jessica. I will submit my application by today.” Luna smiled widely. “Alright, ladies. I might need to head up now.” Jessica said as she looked at her watch. She had a discussion scheduled with Finance before the meeting with the security company.

“Baby, I will see you upstairs.” Jessica said before she gave Sooyoung a peck on the lips. Jessica no longer had any issues with PDA and she didn’t care if people were looking at them. Everything came naturally for her now. Plus, she’s the VP of the company, she can do whatever she wants.  She then politely excused herself from the table and made her way out of the café.

 “OH MY GOD CHOI SOOYOUNG.” Luna exclaimed. “YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS THE VP OF THE COMPANY!!” She squealed out loud.

“I know right.” Sooyoung smiled.

“I seriously need time to brain this information.” Luna had to calm herself. “ Wait, are you living together??”

“Yep. I think she has been living with me even before we were official. That was during the ESP by the way.” Sooyoung revealed.

“You were already involved with her since ESP?????” Luna asked shockingly.

“Yep.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter