Fake Emergency Call

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica was in her office room checking on a financial report sent by the Chief Financial Officer of the bank. It had been a hectic day at the office. She had three meetings since morning and she finally had a free time to actually breathe.

Suddenly her loyal assistant knocked on her door. “Come in.” She said out loud with her eyes still glued on her laptop. “Ms Jessica, your mother just called.” Tiffany informed.

“What does she wants now?” Jessica sighed. Her mother had been bugging her lately and she was getting annoyed by it.

“She just wants to have lunch with you.” Tiffany revealed.

“I’m busy.” Jessica responded.

“Hmm.. Ms Jessica.. She’s already here.” Tiffany signaled Jessica to look outside of the office room. “Oh man..” Jessica whined softly. Tiffany couldn’t help but to smile looking at her boss’ reaction. She’s been trying to run away from her mother for a week now. Mrs Jung had been trying to set up blind dates for her daughter with some of her elite friends’ sons.

Of course Jessica was getting annoyed. She got so annoyed that she felt like jumping off from her office window. Yes it was exaggeration but that was what she felt every time her mother sent her emails on suitable profiles for her to date.

“Jessica Jung..” Her mother made a grand entrance at her office door. “Hi mother.” Jessica had to fake a smile. “Excuse me.” Tiffany excused herself with a smile. She knew nothing could save her boss that time.

“Jessica, why is it so hard for you to return any of my calls? Or even reply any of my emails.” Mrs Jung took off her oversized sunglasses. “I have so many things to do mother, you know that right.” Jessica replied lazily before she stood up from her chair to give her mother a hug and a kiss.

And then she went back to her seat. She landed her back on her chair and looked at her mother. “Jessica, I have good news!” Mrs Jung exclaimed excitedly. Jessica didn’t respond anything and then she took her phone on her desk and texted someone.

To: Baby
Message: My mum is here.

“I have talked to Mrs Johnson, her son will be coming to town this weekend from Amsterdam!” Mrs Jung revealed the so called good news. Mrs Johnson was her American friend residing in Seoul.

*BEEP

From: Baby
Message: Aww. Is my baby okay?

“I’m sure you remember her son Christopher right??” Mrs Jung was still talking excitedly.

To: Baby
Message: No, I’m not okay.

“Christopher has his own legal firm in Amsterdam and he’s thinking of opening another one in Seoul. It would be so perfect for us!” Mrs Jung went on and on. Jessica wasn’t focus at all. She didn’t even know what her mother was rambling about.

*BEEP

From: Baby
Message: Do you want a picture of my s so that you’ll feel better?

Jessica was smiling like an idiot. She didn’t expect Sooyoung to be that random. “Jessica Jung! Are you even listening to me???” Mrs Jung’s loud voice was heard echoed throughout the room.

“Huh.” Jessica startled. “Focus to what I’m saying!” Mrs Jung exclaimed softly.

“Mum..” Jessica let out a long sigh. “I have said this to you before, and I’m going to say it again. I’m not comfortable with you setting up dates for me.” Jessica expressed.

“Jessica, let’s talk about this over lunch.” Mrs Jung stood up from the chair. “Mum..” Jessica whined softly. “Let’s go to that vegan restaurant that you like.” Mrs Jung said before she wore her oversized sunglasses again.

“But mum..”

“No but! I’ll be waiting for you downstairs.” Mrs Jung straightaway left her office room. “I don’t wanna goooooo..” Jessica whined alone in her office room. Then she left her office room and stood in front of Tiffany’s desk. “Can you please call me in 40-45 minutes with some kind of an emergency?” Jessica asked.

“What kind of emergency this time Ms Jessica?” Tiffany smiled. She knew her boss too well. They had been having fake emergency cal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter