The Next Day

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica and Sooyoung went down to the hotel café the next morning for breakfast. They were walking hand in hand oh so happily. Last night was a wild night for them. Sooyoung was so , Jessica didn’t know why. They ended up having for 4 hours and Jessica couldn’t even remember how many times she came.

“Was it because of the crappy Marc Jacobs pants?” Sooyoung asked innocently in bed this morning when both of them were awake to the sound of the alarm.

“The pants made you ?” Jessica asked back in surprise. Jessica then straddled the girl and whispered something so seductively. “If that’s the case, I want you to wear it all the time.”

They ended up having 2 more rounds of this morning before they decided to shower and went down for breakfast. Even though they would be staying at the hotel till the weekend, they still had to go to work that day. Jessica had a few meetings line up for the day and Sooyoung also had some work to settle.

“Jung, room 1917” Jessica said to the waitress at the entrance of the café.

“Oh Ms Jung, we were about to send breakfast up to your room! Your father requested for breakfast to be served at 9am.” The waitress was surprised. Normally for suite guests, breakfast would be served up to the room.

“No, it’s okay. We are heading out for work so we want to have it here.” Jessica said softly.

After breakfast, they drove to work together with Jessica’s Mercedes. Sooyoung was driving the car at the time when Jessica realized something. “Baby, I think we can just park at the entrance. I bet everyone should’ve already heard by now.” She said.

Jessica had two parking spaces, one in the basement and the other at the front entrance of the building. For the past 11 months, she would only use the entrance parking if they went to work separately.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes my love.’” Jessica smiled as she rested her hand at the base of Sooyoung’s neck and slowly massaging it. “I will have a lunch meeting later around 1pm. Then, once I’m done with it I’ll come and pick you up at the office by 5pm.” Jessica informed.

“Are you sure? I can take a taxi back to the hotel.” Sooyoung suggested. She knew that Jessica’s lunch meeting would be long so she didn’t mind. 

“Hey, The VP’s girlfriend can’t take a taxi home.” Jessica smiled. “If the meeting drags, I’ll ask Tiffany to send you back okay.” She added softly.

Sooyong agreed with the arrangement. Then, she placed her hand on the woman’s thigh and her hand slowly crept inside Jessica’s short skirt till she reached the woman’s .

“Babeee. As much as I want you to make me wet, I just can’t this morning.” Jessica said softly as she held on Sooyoung’s hand trying to stop the hand from doing something that she couldn’t resist afterwards. Plus, she was actually a bit sore down there from all the they had last night and this morning.

“But I love touching you.” Sooyoung whined softly.
“I know you do.” Jessica chuckled.

They reached CBS a few minutes later and Sooyoung parked the car at Jessica’s designated parking at the front entrance. As soon as they went out of the car, Jessica immediately reached for Sooyoung’s hand and they walked inside hand in hand. Of course all eyes were on them. Most of them just couldn’t grasp how the VP could fall in love with a normal employee.

“Is that the same person who got punched by Manager Sunny?” One of the other employees whispered among themselves.
“No wonder Manager Sunny got suspended instead of her” Some of Manager Sunny’s supporters said.
“Manager Sunny deserve to get suspended!” Some of the people who are against of the woman commented.
“What does Ms Jessica see in the girl?”
“I didn’t know the VP is gay.”
“They are one powerful couple!”
“I hope they get married one day!”
 

Well, that’s how it is, people are entitled to opinions. But Jessica didn’t care at all.

“Do you want to get your tasteless coffee baby?” Jessica asked softly to her girlfriend. She knew Sooyoung’s routine every day at work; she will go to the café and get the free coffee before heading up to her level. Even when Jessica had an expensive coffee maker in her office, Sooyoung still wanted the free coffee tasteless coffee from the café.

“Hmm no. I wanna drink the coffee in your office.” Sooyoung said. Both of them went up to level 5 hand in hand and they didn’t care a bit that everyone was starting at them. “Good morning Ms Jessica, Sooyoung.” Tiffany greeted them with a smile.

“Morning Tiff.”Jessica smiled widely towards her assistant and then both of them went inside Jessica’s office room. Jessica took off her black coat and went to make her girlfriend the coffee.  Tiffany entered the office a few minutes later bringing some work related files.

“Did you have fun last night?” Jessica asked her assistance, referring to her father’s birthday party last night. “Oh yes, if I didn’t have to come to work today, me and Seo would have drink our asses off.” She continued. There were a lot of free expensive alcohol drinks last night, but they couldn’t enjoy it that much.

“I would be joining you for sure.” Sooyoung added.

“Then, I bet you would put the blame on me that I’ve influenced you into drinking excessively.” Tiffany looked at Sooyoung with a straight face. “Tifffffff.. when are you going to let that gooooo..” Sooyoung whined. Jessica had a laugh over the conversation.

“Tiff, you want one?” She offered her assistant a cup of coffee.

“Hmm maybe later. Thanks Ms Jessica.” Tiffany said. Jessica then placed the coffee on the table in front of Sooyoung. “Still hot. Careful baby okay.” She mumbled softly before she gently placed her hand on Sooyoung’s shoulders. Sooyoung blew the coffee before taking a sip on it.

“Ms Jessica, you have a conference call with Mr Isaac from Manila in 20minutes, then a meeting at 10am with finance, follows by the lunch meeting.” Tiffany summed up Jessica’s schedule for the day.

“Right.” Jessica nodded her head.

“Hmm would you be able to spare half an hour before the lunch meeting with HR?” Tiffany asked.

“HR? why?” Jessica asked back weirdly. She didn’t have anything pending with HR as far as she knew.

“Hmm I think Manager Sunny is due for a meeting with HR today. She has been suspended for almost 3 months now.” Tiffany informed.

“Reallly? Has it been that long?” Jessica asked back in surprise. She had totally forgotten about the issue. During the suspension, Manager Sunny was only paid for the first month, the remaining 2 months she was on unpaid leave. No doubt, Sooyoung somehow felt a bit guilty to the woman. 2 months without pay must have been tough.

“Hmm okay.” Jessica nodded her head. She agreed to join in the meeting. “Can I join too?” Sooyoung asked the woman.

“Hmm. Do you think it’s a good idea?” Jessica looked at Tiffany for advice. “I don’t want her to feel cornered.” Jessica added. “With the news of you being together..” Tiffany gave her opinion.

“True.” Jessica agreed. “Being bias is something I don’t want people to say about me.” She continued as she crossed her arms.

“Ms Jessica, you can’t control what people are going to say..” Tiffany responded. “The fact that you suspended her for 3 months, and granted Sooyoung with a 2weeks special leave, had already sparked rumors.” Tiffany said. Jessica didn’t think it through at the time. “But I do believe it was the right decision to suspend her. But for giving this silly girl a 2 weeks special leave might be a bit too much.” Tiffany was being honest with what she felt. Jessica had always value Tiffany’s opinions more than anything.

Jessica bit her lower lip and looked at Sooyoung while she thought deep about the situation. True, she was clouded by her own feelings when she made the decision. But it was the right thing to do, physical abused between employees is intolerable and should not be taken lightly.

“HR didn’t say anything?” Jessica asked with her arms crossed. She was thinking to herself on what should be done with the issue.

“They have come up with a decision but still they are waiting for your instructions.” Tiffany informed.

“She really picked the wrong person to punch.” Jessica sighed as she sat on her big office chair.

“I know.” Tiffany laughed.

“Hmm I will think of something. And Soo, I want you to be present in the meeting as well.” Jessica said seriously. “Things must be handled fairly.” She added.

“You’re going to suspend me aren’t ya?” Sooyoung could read Jessica’s mind.

“Well, you have to be present later to know for sure.” Jessica stood up from her chair and walked towards her girlfriend. Sooyoung stood up and they shared a kiss before Jessica politely informed that she needed to prepare for her conference call that would be starting in 10 minutes time.

Sooyoung went down to her level using the stairs with a lot of things running through her mind. “Oh god, suspension would really not look good in my resume.” She said to herself. She would rather quit than gotten suspended or terminated.

As soon as she reached her level, all eyes were on her. Gasps and small talks were heard around the level.

“She’s the VP’s girlfriend.”
“How can she be the VP’s girlfriend??”
“How lucky is she?”
“God, I’m prettier than her, how come the VP didn’t notice me?”
“She’s only a team leader right? Does that means, I have a chance with the VP?”

“Aish, can’t these people just give me a brea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter