Dinner at Mrs Choi's Part 1

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica was doing her work on her laptop on the bed as usual with Sooyoung next to her sleeping soundly when her phone suddenly rang. Jessica immediately checked on the time, and it was almost 11pm and she wasn’t expecting anyone to call her that night. She had also specifically informed Tiffany not to disturb her. She reached out for her phone was surprised to see that it was Soojin. Why would the woman call her at that time? Soojin never called her before except for when Sooyoung accidentally left her phone at her mom’s the other day.

She just answered the phone right away. “Hello.” Jessica said softly.

“Oh hi Jessica. Sorry to be calling you at this time.”

“It’s okay, I’m still up doing a bit of work.” Jessica said.

“Hmm can you please ask Sooyoung to look at her texts? I’ve been texting her since 8pm, she hasn’t replied any.” Soojin informed.

“Oh Sooyoung went to bed a bit early today because she’s on medication at the moment.” Jessica explained.

“What happened to her? Fever?” Soojin asked.

“Hmm something happened at work today. She got into a fight with another employee and she’s left with a bruised mouth so she’ll be on pain killers for a few days.” Jessica revealed.

“What?? Did she at least fight back?? Please tell me that she fought back!” Soojin exclaimed loudly. “Hmm, yes she did.” Jessica lied. She didn’t want to prolong the conversation any longer.

“Should I get a lawyer for Sooyoung or something??” Soojin questioned determinedly.

“I don’t think that is necessary. We will handle it. I have suspended that particular employee so I think there’s no need to get anyone outside involved.” Jessica was starting to get uneasy. Well, Soojin had always been like that. She remembered when Soojin filed a case against her last year without even knowing the real story. (When Soojin thought Jessica fired Sooyoung for being on medical leave)

“Don’t worry Soojin unnie. I’ll take care of her.” Jessica gave the woman her assurance. She knew how protective Soojin was over her girlfriend.

“Thank you Jessica. Anyways, the reason why I’ve been texting Sooyoung is that, I have decided that it’s time.” Soojin mentioned.

“Hmm time for what?” Jessica asked back weirdly.

“It’s time to tell mum about my relationship with Gong Yoo.”

“Ohh.. Okay. That’s great I guess.” Jessica responded awkwardly.

“I need both of you to be there with me for support tomorrow night!” She revealed. Honestly, Jessica expected that but she really didn’t want to get herself involved in it. With Sooyoung in that condition, she really didn’t want either her or Sooyoung to get tangled in this woman’s complicated issue.

“So, both of you gonna come for dinner around 8pm.” Soojin instructed.

“Hmm Soojin unnie. You know Sooyoung is not really in the greatest condition at the moment.. I think it would be best if…” Jessica tried to explain.

“Oh wait, I got to go. He’s home! See the both of you tomorrow night!” Soojin interrupted her and straightaway ended the phone call.

“Did she just hung up on me??” Jessica talked to herself looking at her phone.

****

“Why do we still have to go to this thing?” Jessica frowned in the car. She was driving at the moment with Sooyoung next to her. “It’s her problem, she should deal with it on her own..” Jessica was rambling. She just wanted to stay at home with her girlfriend at that point. Plus they had been doing great for the past 8 months for staying out of Soojin’s romance with her boss and Jessica really wanted to keep it that way.

“She’s nervous and scared baby. What do you expect?” Sooyoung responded back.

“Well, it’s her fault for getting involved with that man to begin with..” Jessica commented.

“Babe..” Sooyoung said softly as she placed her hand on the woman’s lap. “I just want you to stay home and rest.” Jessica sighed.

“It’s okay Jessica. I’ll have plenty of time to rest. You’ve given me 2 weeks off from work remember..” She smiled weakly with her bruised swollen mouth. “I don’t wanna go to this thinggg..” Jessica whined softly but she still drove towards Mrs Choi’s place anyway.

“Let’s just show up and give our support and then we’ll head home okay.” Sooyoung softly rubbed Jessica’s lap with her hand. “Do you want me to say out loud to your mother that I’m okay with your sister having ual relationship with someone else’s husband for the past 3 years??” Jessica asked.

“I think she texted me last month that his divorced has been finalized.” Sooyoung informed.

“Aish.. I really don’t like this baby.” Jessica kept on whining.

They reached Mrs Choi’s house and they actually arrived before Soojin. As usual, Mrs Choi was so excited to see Jessica but the moment she saw Sooyoung, she felt like her heart just skipped a beat. That was the first time she saw Sooyoung got punched in the face like that.

“Oh m goddd!” She exclaimed loudly.

“Mum, I’m fine. Don’t worry.” Sooyoung smiled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter