The VP's Surprise Birthday Party II

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can you please not pick my gift?” Sooyoung whispered next to Tiffany. She was embarrassed by the gift after seeing what Manager Sunny gave her girlfriend.

On the other hand, the VP just had to excuse herself in the middle of the gift opening session just now as she had to answer an important call. “I don’t know which one is yours Soo.” Tiffany responded.

“What do you mean by you don’t know?” Sooyoung questioned back. “You were there when the lady wrapped it.” Sooyoung reasoned out. “No, I wasn’t.” Tiffany replied. “Soo, it doesn’t matter whether I was there or not, just let me know which one is yours.” Tiffany quickly said.

Sooyoung then looked around the pile of gifts for a few seconds. “Please tell me you know which one.” Tiffany rolled her eyes. “It’s in a brown paper bag.” Sooyoung informed.

“Soo, most of the gifts are in a brown paper bag. I took it out all of it.” Tiffany replied.

“Why did you do thattttt??” Clearly Sooyoung didn’t know which one it was. She didn’t look at her gift yesterday. She didn’t even know what color the wrapping paper was.

“God..” Tiffany sighed looking at the girl.

“Aish, just don’t pick a small one.” Sooyoung said before she left to go back to Seohyun. Tiffany then looked at the gifts again, there were a lot of small gifts!She randomly picked one of the small boxes and just crossed her fingers hoping that it would not be Sooyoung’s. A few minutes later, The VP came back. “I am so sorry. So where was I just now?” She smiled widely.

Jessica went on to open a few more other gifts that evening. So far she had gotten four pens, a personalized diary, a leather purse and a mug that says ‘I’m the er In Charge of you ers!’. She somehow felt that the mug was somehow inappropriate yet funny at the same time. But she faked a smile anyway. She didn’t want to offend the person who gave it to her.

Then she opened another gift and again there was another mug. But this time the mug says ‘I am the boss with a smoking !’.

“Hmmmm.. well..” Jessica didn’t know how to react to the mug. Again she was uncomfortable by it. But all the employees were giggling to themselves while looking at her.

“Hmm okay, let’s move on to another gift.” Tiffany quickly handed her another gift.

Sooyoung was smiling to herself looking at her uncomfortable girl. She knew for sure Jessica would throw the mugs away when they got home later.

“I bet it’s another pen.” Jessica joked as she could sense what was in the small rectangular box and then everyone laughed. She slowly unwrapped the wrapping paper and she was right. It was another pen. Jessica took the pen out from the box and then looked at it. “Wait a minute. Who is Jennica?” She asked loudly with a smile. The pen had a personalized carving on it but clearly there was a spelling mistake.

Everyone was laughing out loud. “This person needs to be sent to HR for spelling my name wrongly..” Jessica joked and then she looked at the card that came on top of the box. The moment she looked at it, she went silent. 

“Who gave it Ms Jessica?” Sunny asked.

“Hmm..”

“Yeahh, who gave it??” The rest of the people asked loudly.

“Seriously, how can you misspelled your boss’ name wrongly..” Seohyun whispered next to Sooyoung. “I know right.” Sooyoung had to agree.

“Hmm it’s Sooyoung.” Jessica mumbled slowly. “Whattt??” Sooyoung exclaimed loudly in disbelief as she stood up from her place. Then everyone started to laugh again. “I figured.” Sunny smiled sarcastically before she turned to look at the back towards Sooyoung.

Sooyoung straightaway walked in front towards Jessica in order to see the gift. “This can’t be my gift!” Sooyoung cried out loud and then she took the box from Jessica’s hand. “It says so on the card.” Jessica whispered slowly next to Sooyoung as she showed the girl the card she read earlier. She herself didn’t expect Sooyoung to give her that.

“Tiffany, this can’t be it!” Sooyoung then looked at Tiffany. Tiffany went to look at the gift and clearly the person at the store had wrongly carved it. “Did you check it before we left the store?” Tiffany asked slowly.

“Of course I did!” Sooyoung lied.

“Soo, it’s okay.” Jessica mumbled slowly.

“Yaah Choi Sooyoung! Go to HR now!!” Someone yelled jokingly.

“No, she doesn’t have to go.” Jessica smiled warmly.

“Urghhh..” Sooyoung took the gift and walked away from everyone. Before she entered the lift she threw the pen inside a garbage can. “Excuse me for a while.” Jessica said politely to all her employees. Tiffany quickly asked everyone to continue enjoy the food while waiting for the VP to come back.

Jessica went down to level 2 and saw Sooyoung was indeed at her place looking at her desktop. “Hey..” She greeted the girl softly. There were not that many people left at the floor since it was not a shift based department. Everyone comes in at 8am and goes back at 5pm. The time was already 5.45pm.

Sooyoung decided to ignore the woman. “Can Jennica sit here?” Jessica smiled.

“Is it not enough making fun of me in front of everyone that you have to come here to my place to do it? Sooyoung asked. Jessica sat in front of Sooyoung and just looked at the girl. They had not seen each other for 4 days since Jessica went out of town with her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter