Poor Sooyoung's Thumb

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica stopped the car in front of the emergency and straightaway made her way inside while Tiffany took over her Mercedes to search for a parking place. She went inside the emergency and walked towards the front desk.

“I’m looking for Choi Sooyoung.” She asked the lady.

“The girl with the thumb injury?” The lady asked back.

“Hmm yes.” Jessica nodded awkwardly.

“Are you family?”

“Yes I’m her wife.” Jessica responded spontaneously without even thinking.  

“She’s in the emergency Room 3.” The lady pointed towards the room. “I think she just fell asleep. She was really loud just now.” The lady chuckled. Yes, Jessica could imagine.

“Thank you.” Jessica replied. She made her way to the room and saw her poor girlfriend was sleeping on the bed with a bloody bandaged thumb. Jessica felt like her heart just dropped. She was reminded back to the first time when she had to take Sooyoung to the clinic to get the other thumb stitched. The amount of blood and the loud screaming were playing clearly in her head.

She let out a long sigh and leaned herself to the wall. She just couldn’t understand why her girlfriend would always be drawn to stuff like this. She went closer and sat on the bed next to the sleeping girl. Sooyoung was sleeping on her right side so the arm of the bloody bandaged thumb was hanging down the bed.

Again, Jessica let out a long sigh. Suddenly, her phone vibrated and it was a call from Mr Jung. “Daddy.” She answered the phone. “Honey, both of you will be joining for lunch, right? I have made reservation at The Tower and all of us are heading there now.” Mr Jung said.

“Hm, sorry daddy. I’m at the hospital right now. Sooyoung had an injury.” She informed.

“Oh god, what happened?? Is she okay?” Mr Jung asked worriedly.

“She injured her thumb.”

“Her thumb? What happened to her thumb this time?” Mr Jung asked more questions as he was reminded about Sooyoung previous thumb injury.

“I don’t know how it happened, but the car door was shut to her other thumb again.”

 “WHAT?? AGAIN??? CAN SHE STILL PLAY CALL OF DUTY THIS SUNDAYY??? ” Mr Jung asked loudly over the phone. Yes, they scheduled a gaming session on Sunday night.

“Hmm I am going to pretend that you didn’t just ask that. But yeah, we can’t make it for lunch.” Jessica said. “PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED.” Mr Jung exclaimed worriedly before they ended the call. Jessica decided to let Sooyoung sleep and left the room to talk to a doctor who treated the thumb.

“Is the nail bed injured?” Jessica asked expertly. She was already a pro.

“Unfortunately, yes. We had to remove the nail and gave her 4 stitches.” The doctor informed. Jessica sighed instantly. “Really need her to take good care of the nail because we don’t want it to get infected. The area around the nailbed is really delicate.”

“Yes I understand.” Jessica nodded her head. 

“By the way, I noticed her other thumb. The formation of the nail seemed like she had suffered something similar..” The doctor didn’t manage to finish her sentence when Jessica interrupted. “Yes, almost a year ago, she injured the thumb as well.” Jessica informed.

“Don’t tell me she shut the car door to the other thumb too?” The doctor asked in surprise. “Hmm it was a long story but yes due to the same cause.” Jessica smiled awkwardly. Of course she didn’t want to tell the doctor that she was the one who did it the first time.

“Oh my..” The doctor didn’t expect it. “I think this has got to be the first time I’m hearing this.” He chuckled. “How long did she take to recover for the first injured thumb?” He went on to ask.

“Hmm almost a month.” Jessica tried to recall.

“Really? Why did it take that long?”

“Hmm. Again, long story.  But to answer your question, it was due to multiple infections.” Jessica explained.

“I guess you should know the precautions and what needs to be done if the bleeding doesn’t stop in the next few days?” The doctor asked.

“Yes doctor.”

******

Both Jessica and Tiffany were looking at Sooyoung who was sitting on the couch while holding her bloody bandaged thumb. All three of them were back at the hotel. Tiffany didn’t know how to react but she was just smiling as she looked at the poor girl.

----

“Sooyoung is really something.” She said to Jessica earlier when Jessica was settling the hospital bill. “I know she’s a handful sometimes Ms Jessica, but our life would be so dull without her.” Tiffany smiled as she was trying to comfort her boss.

“Tiff, thank you so much for being here, for being so calm all the time.” Jessica looked at her. Sometimes she felt like she couldn’t handle all these things without the help of her loyal assistant.

“Don’t sweat it Ms Jessica. It’s my job and plus I want to be here.” Tiffany smiled. “And I think I have a soft spot for her.” She chuckled. Jessica just smiled as a response.

 “I really hope you will still have the patience for her. Apart from all the recklessness, the foolishness sometimes, she’s just a really good person.” Tiffany said.

“Like you said, my life will be so dull without her.” Jessica looked at her assistance with a smile. “And I would definitely be miserable too. So, don’t worry, my patience for her has no limit for now. And hopefully it will stay that way.” She laughed. 

“Unless if she decides to smoke and place the blame on me again.” Tiffany rolled her eyes.

“Oh thank you for reminding. My patience doesn’t include her smoking.” Jessica just had to agree.

----

“How are you feeling?” Tiffany was the one who started to speak.  

“I’m sorry.” Sooyoung mumbled slowly. Her white shirt was covered with blood and she looked so terrible. She was feeling even more awful with these two women staring at her with their arms crossed. She was under the impression that these women were angry at her.

“Why are you sorry?” Jessica asked back softly.

“For getting in trouble again. Why do I have to be so stupid..” Sooyoung said when suddenly tears were running down her face.

“Baby..” Jessica sighed as she sat down on the couch next to her. She then wrapped her arm around Sooyoung’s shoulders and hugged the girl tightly. Sooyoung couldn’t help but to cry on her girlfriend’s shoulders.

“You did nothing wrong.” Jessica mumbled softly trying to calm her down.

“After he pushed me, I tried to so hard not to punch him because I didn’t want HR to...” Sooyoung was trying to explain while tears still running down her face. “Baby we don’t have to talk about it right now.” Jessica interrupted and hugged her tightly. “Let’s get you to bed okay.” Jessica mumbled softly. After making sure that Sooyoung was asleep, she went to the living room and landed herself on the couch.

Again, she let out a long sigh. “I want a meeting with the security company who hired the guard. And I want to meet both guards first thing on Monday.”  Jessica informed her assistant.

“Yes Ms Jessica.” Tiffany took out her phone, and she immediately sent an email to the respective security company as instructed. Suddenly Jessica’s phone rang and it was Krystal.

“Yes Krys.” Jessica sighed as she answered the phone.

“Are you back at the hotel? Or still at the hospital?” She asked.

“We’re already at the hotel.”

“Great, we just got back from lunch and we are at the front door now.” Krystal said before she ended the call. Jessica walked out of the living room and opened the front door. She was surprised that everyone was there, even her mother and grandmother.

“Jessica, what exactly happened??” Mr Jung asked as all of them gathered at the living room of the suite.  Tiffany basically had to re-tell everything she heard earlier. “Hmm we just heard from the people that were at the scene this morning including both guards. But we didn’t get a chance to hear it from Sooyoung yet.” Tiffany added.  

“Jessica honey, help me to understand again. She really shut the car door to her own thumb? Are you sure It was not the guard who did it?” Grandma Jung asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter