Do I Look Like I'm Kidding?

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The nail bed looks good.” The doctor said as he carefully undressed the bandage on Sooyoung’s thumb. It was their 6th visit to the hospital only for that 2 weeks. Jessica was so persistent to get the thumb heal within 2 weeks’ time. She just couldn’t afford to go through the emotional ride like before.

“This looks way hideous than before.” Sooyoung took a glance at the thumb.

“As long as it is healing, I don’t care if its hideous.” Jessica replied.

“Just to be safe, we will still be covering up the thumb. And I will see you again in a week’s time for the final follow up.” The doctor smiled as he went on to apply an antiseptic cream on the thumb.

“Great!!” Jessica exclaimed in joy. “We need to get this heal completely before your sister’s bridal shower next week.” Jessica added with full determination. “Nothing could stand in between me and getting the thumb healed in a week!” Jessica said enthusiastically.

****

Soojin’s wedding was only 4 weeks away, and she wanted her girlfriend to be in the best condition because Sooyoung would be her sister’s maid of honor.  The only maid of honor.

“Maid of honor is for losers!” Sooyoung whined the other day after finding out that she would be her sister’s bridesmaid.

“Babeee, you should be proud and happy that your sister wants you to be her maid of honor.” Jessica tried to reason out with the girl.

“I just want to attend the wedding and eat and drink the whole night with youuu.” Sooyoung whined again. “I don’t want to think of anything elseeeeeee.” She added. Sooyoung just hated the idea that she had to plan for her sister’s bridal shower just because she was the maid of honor. Not just that, she also had to make sure that during the day of the wedding, everything would be as smooth as planned. It was just too much work for her.

“You know I will be helping you out with the planning too right..” Jessica said softly.

So, who actually planned for the bridal shower? It was none other than Tiffany the great. Just because Sooyoung couldn’t handle the pressure of planning the event and Jessica was too busy with work, Tiffany was the best person to organize it. Plus, she was happy to do it anyway. It could definitely take her mind of from work.

“Soo, what about the venue?” She asked Sooyoung when she came by to see her boss at the couple’s apartment. Yes, Jessica had been working from home for the past 2 weeks since Sooyoung was on medical leave. She wanted to be with the helpless girl and also keeping sure that nothing else could happen to the poor thumb.

“I don’t know. How about the chicken place down the street?” Sooyoung suggested.

“You are kidding right?” Tiffany looked at her weirdly.

“Do I look like I’m kidding?” Sooyoung asked back confusedly. Apparently, she was serious.

“Hmm Ms Jessica.. Where should the venue be?” Tiffany turned to her boss for guidance since Sooyoung was not helpful at all. Jessica was busy analyzing a financial report at the time.

“Hmm baby, can you please help Tiffany out with the planning?” Jessica softly held her girlfriend’s hand on the table with her eyes still glued to the report in front of her. She was so into the financial report, she didn’t want to get herself distracted.

“Oh yeah sure. Tiff, we should do the bridal shower at the chicken place down the street.” Sooyoung looked at Tiffany innocently. So with that, Tiffany basically took control of the planning. After she was done, she did run through the plan with Jessica and the woman practically approved everything that she had planned.

****

Jessica drove her Mercedes to the office after the hospital visit and she straightaway parked her car at her parking place at the front entrance. Sooyoung was supposed to still be on medical leave for another week but she insisted to go with Jessica to the office. She wanted to catch up with her team and also it would be Luna’s first day with the new team. (Jessica basically instructed HR to approve Luna to be in the email team as soon as the girl submitted her internal transfer application)

“Hi Mr Kim.” Sooyoung greeted the guard the moment she went out of the car. Ever since her infamous quarrel with the guard the other day, both of them were in good terms now. Jessica allowed the guard to keep the job and at the same time, she also provided a donation due to the death of his mother. He was forever grateful to the couple.

“Hi Sooyoung, how was the follow up checkup?” He asked as he helped Sooyoung with the car door. “All good.” She smiled.

“We will just be here till lunch.” Jessica then informed the guard. She then noticed that her dad’s S Class was at the parking place. “My dad is here?” She asked the guard.

“Yes, the President and his wife are here.” He informed.

“Alright.” Jessica nodded.

“Have a good day both of you.” He smiled before Sooyoung and Jessica made their way inside the building.

“Babe, meet my parents first before going down okay.” She said softly. They last time they met Mr and Mrs Jung was when they were staying at the Grand Hyatt 2 weeks ago. Mrs Jung did call her a few times to ask about Sooyoung’s thumb.

“Do I have to?” Sooyoung asked back.

“Yes, you have to.” Jessica replied. The moment the lift was opened, they made their way towards Mr Jung’s office. Both Mr. and Mrs Jung were having brunch in the office.

“Hey.” Jessica greeted her parents before she went to give both of them a hug. “Have you guys eaten?” Mr Jung asked. “Yes, we did at home this morning.” Jessica smiled.

“Sooyoung, how’s the thumb?” Mr Jung asked after Sooyoung gave her hug as well.

“Getting better. Another final check up next week, then I can get this off.” Sooyoung informed referring to the bandage. She then went near to Mrs Jung. “Do you want a hug too?” She asked the woman innocently.

“No, I am good.” Mrs Jung said seriously. Of course, there was still ego inside her. Although, deep down she was actually starting to like Sooyoung. No doubt, she had been enjoying her time with the book club with the girl’s mother for the past 2 weeks. Nothing excites her more than waiting for book club Monday.

“Or do you want a kiss on the cheek instead?” Sooyoung asked again with her innocent face. Mrs Jung just looked at her with a frown. Sooyoung took a seat next to the woman. She just loved to tease the woman.

“Daddy, I didn’t know you are going to be in today.” Jessica said.

“Oh yeah. There was a last-minute conference call with Royal Bank of Canada. I couldn’t do it at home because there was something wrong with the house internet connection.” He informed. Most of the time, Mr Jung would just work from home. He would only come by to the office if needed, practically leaving Jessica in charge of everything at the office.

“Oh what happened with the connection?” Sooyoung asked. “Can I take one?” She then looked at Mrs Jung. There were grapes on Mrs Jung’s plate. “As long as you don’t ask me to feed you, then help yourself.” Mrs Jung responded.

S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter