Dinner at Mrs Choi Part 2

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“To be honest, it’s better to be whinny and stupid than taking someone else’s husband like what you’re doing.” Sooyoung said boldly with a straight face.

“Excuse me” Mrs Choi couldn’t believe what she just heard. Both Soojin and Gong Yoo couldn’t believe it either and same goes to Jessica. All three of them immediately turned to look at Sooyoung who was innocently eating her piece of chicken.

“Oh yeah mum. The reason why we’re all here is because Soojin needed support because she’s too scared to tell you that she has been sleeping with this guy for the past 3 years!” Sooyoung exclaimed loudly.

“Sooyoung!!” Soojin cried out loud in disbelief. She didn’t expect Sooyoung to drop the bomb on her like that without any warning. “Oh boy..” Jessica mumbled nervously. These were the sort of things that she didn’t want to get herself and Sooyoung involved. Because she knew the family so well, things like these always bound to happen. The family just really didn’t know how to handle with stress.

“Is this true Soojin??” Mrs Choi questioned.

“Sooyoung how could you..” Soojin looked at her sister.

“Soojin unnie, she didn’t mean to throw you out of the bus like that. She’s just under a lot of pain killers. She’s not herself at the moment.” Jessica immediately defended her girlfriend nervously.

“Babe, I’m very much awake and aware of what is happening right now. And Soojin, that’s what you get for saying all those things to me.” Sooyoung was pissed off of course.

“Say what??” Soojin was pretty much clueless.

“You said I was stupid and whiny!!” Sooyoung exclaimed.

“I was joking for god sake!!!” Soojin yelled out loudly. She didn’t expect Sooyoung to get upset over what she just said.

“You just don’t joke like that!!” Sooyoung screamed back.

“I call you stupid all the time!! We make fun of each other all the time! What is the big deal???” Soojin was clearly upset. At that point maybe Soojin was right. Both of them were really not in their best self at that point to begin with. With Soojin being in deep tense and Sooyoung who was in pain just didn’t help with the situation. Sooyoung didn’t know how to respond to it. She just went silent.

“Choi Soojin, I’m asking you again. Are you or are you not in a relationship with your married boss?” Mrs Choi asked seriously. Both Sooyoung and Soojin had never seen their mother so serious like that.

“Mrs Choi, I was already living separately with my ex-wife even before I got involved with your daughter.” Gong Yoo was the one who answered. He felt like it would be best to just be honest.

“Oh god.” Mrs Choi covered her face in disbelief.

“I should have ended the marriage a long time ago. But I decided to stay put for our son. He’s only 2. At the time, I was torn between my own personal feelings and my son. I know it really looks bad on Soojin right now cause it seems like she’s at fault for the divorce. Bu it’s not Mrs Choi.” Gong Yoo muttered. “I know of all people, you would understand the most. When you are basically stuck in a situation that you couldn’t do anything about it.”  Gong Yoo added something that was so unexpected to Mrs Choi.

“Are you comparing your situation with mine?” Mrs Choi questioned back in disbelief.

“Mrs Choi..” Gong Yoo tried to explain but Mrs Choi cut her off. “How dare you tried to compare..” Mrs Choi said and suddenly tears were running down her face. “Mum..” Soojin mumbled slowly.

“My husband was having an affair and I had to stick around because of the girls!! Because I was so pathetic and terribly dependent on him that I know if I leave the marriage at that point of time, I wouldn’t be able to provide for my own daughters!! And you dare to compare what I’ve been through??” Mrs Choi exclaimed out loud. Jessica finally knew what happened to Sooyoung’s dad. No wonder they had never spoken about the man.

“Mum.. Please.. Gong Yoo didn’t mean it like that..” Soojin felt guilty the moment Mrs Choi opened up about their estranged father. They had never spoken about the man for such a long time.

Both Jessica and Sooyoung were just out of words. It was indeed a tense night. Now Sooyoung knew why Jessica didn’t want to go at the first place. She should have listened to the woman. The woman was always right.

“I’m so sorry. It was not my intention to compare..” Gong Yoo braved himself to speak again.

“Both of you, out of my house.” Mrs Choi stood up from her chair and she just walked away from the dining room and went inside her room. The table went silent instantly.

“It was my fault.” Gong Yoo was the one who started to speak. “I’m sorry.” He looked at Soojin.

“No, it was mine to begin with. I shouldn’t have burst out like that.” Sooyoung looked down.

Soojin just let out a long deep sigh. “No Sooyoung. It was our fault. You and Jessica were nothing but supportive of us. You still showed up tonight even when you’re looking like .” Soojin mumbled slowly.

“Do I really look like ?” Sooyoung whispered as she looked at Jessica. Jessica immediately shook her head. “We are so thankful for the support guys. And I’m sorry for calling you whinny and stupid.” Soojin apologized softly.

“Who are we kidding? I am all those things.” Sooyoung mumbled. 

“We should have thought this through.” Soojin sighed as she looked at the guy. “Maybe we should take a break for a bit, I need time to think.” Soojin revealed. She didn’t want it but maybe that was the right thing to do.

Gong Yoo just looked down and didn’t say anything back. Both of them were devastated for sure. “Babe, let’s give them some space to talk.” Jessica whispered to Sooyoung and both of them walked out of the kitchen and they went inside Sooyoung’s old bedroom.

“Oh god Jess. I should have listened to you. We should have just stayed home.” Sooyoung sighed as she landed herself on her old single bed. “What a rough night..” Jessica mumbled softly looking at her girlfriend.

“It has been rough couple of days for me..” Sooyoung said referring to what happened yesterday at the office with Sunny and with her sister and mother. “Maybe we should just go home..” Sooyoung suggested.

“Hmm is it appropriate to leave your mum alone like this?” Jessica asked.

“I don’t know.” Sooyoung responded. “I can’t think right now baby. Can you please get your on the bed right now?” Sooyoung frowned.

Jessica just chuckled as she walked towards the bed. She tried to squeeze in the single bed so that she could lie down next to the girl. She missed her so bad. They were away from each other for 3 weeks, and at that point she was just .  She went on to back hug the girl tightly and then she slowly planted kisses on her neck.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter