Calm Down

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Jessica was lying down on the couch in her old room while staring blankly towards the ceiling. She was mentally and physically exhausted. She then turned to look at the bed, and saw her girlfriend was already sleeping.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, she looked at the door and saw her sister’s head popped in between the door. The girl slowly tiptoed her way in and sat next to her. 

“Mum told me what happened.” She said slowly. Krystal just got back from her classes so she just found out what happened.

“Dating a baby wouldn’t be this hard.” Jessica sighed. Krystal tried to hold her laughter. “But she’s your baby.” Krystal mumbled softly with a smile.

“Oh god Krys.. Please help me.. I don’t think I can handle this kind of stress..” She sighed deeply.

“Mum wants you and Sooyoung to stay here for a bit.” Krystal revealed. “At least, there are people here to look after her if you need to go to the office.” She added. They were so many helpers at the Jung’s mansion so Mrs Jung thought, Sooyoung would be in good hands if they were to just stay there.

“I need to ask her first, if she’s okay with it.” Jessica sighed. She was still in her work clothes at the time.

“Go shower and come down for dinner.”

“I don’t feel like eating.” Jessica answered lazily.

“Unnie, don’t worry too much. She’s going to be okay.” Krystal comforted her.

“How can I not be worried? I felt like my heart just dropped Krys..” Jessica muttered as she recalled the moment, she spoke with the doctor earlier at the ER.

*****

“When was the last time she had a tetanus booster?” The doctor asked Mrs Jung.

“Oh dear. How am I supposed to know...” Mrs Jung mumbled to herself. Suddenly her phone rang and she immediately answered the call. Her daughter called her at the right time.

“WHERE ARE YOU????”

“Honey, I need you to calm down. We are inside the ER now.” Mrs Jung tried to calm her daughter because she could hear the woman was panting over the line.

Jessica arrived in the ER just less than 5minutes later. “Where is she???????” Jessica asked worriedly. She practically ran from the parking lot to the ER and only god knew what was going through her mind at the time. She was beyond upset and worried. She didn’t know what exactly happened because Mrs Jung just told her that she needed to take her girlfriend to the ER because she was bleeding.   

“Jessica, she’s fine. She’s in room 5.” Mrs Jung held her daughter. “The doctor needs a few information from you.” Her mother said.

“Yes sure.” Jessica sighed.

“Hm Ms Jung, due to the rusty nail, we need to take precaution on whether or not she needs a tetanus booster. This is to avoid any infections in the bloodstream that could be fatal.” The doctor explained.

“Fatal? What do you mean fatal?? What exactly happened mum????” Jessica was freaking out the moment she heard the word ‘fatal’ came out from the doctor’s mouth. Plus, she had read before how dangerous tetanus could be.

“Ms Jung, don’t worry, your mum brought her here in time. So right now, we just want to know whether her tetanus booster is up to date.” The doctor tried to calm her.

“Of course not!! Just give her the damn shot now!!” Jessica exclaimed loudly. Her voice echoed loudly throughout the ER.

“Alright. We will give her the booster and put her under antibiotics so that we could clean the wound. Don’t worry, she could be discharged by today.” The doctor retorted before leaving them.

“Mum, what the hell happened???” She was so upset with the situation.

Mrs Jung told her daughter what really happened from the beginning. “I’m so so sorry Jessica.” Mrs Jung apologized. She didn’t know why she was apologizing but she felt like she had to. “It all happened so fast.” She added.

“Urghhh…” Jessica sighed deeply. She just felt like crying at that point. She was being so careful and protective the past 2 weeks. But the moment Sooyoung was out on her own, this happened.

After 4 hours at the ER, Sooyoung was allowed to go home. The doctor advised them to regularly monitor her body temperature and if there is any muscle ache, they needed to take the girl straight to the ER again. “Tetanus is not a laughing matter. The infections can affect the nervous system and breathing abilities which can be fatal.” The doctor said making Jessica even more terrified.

“Can you please just stop using the word fatal??” Jessica questioned. She was really in deep stress.

“Hmm excuse my daughter. She’s not in the right state of mind.” Mrs Jung apologized to the doctor.

As for the wound, they might need to change the dressing once a day and apply an antibiotic cream. Jessica thought she was done with the whole process of changing the dressing and cleaning the wound, apparently, she was wrong.

“Oh god, please kill me now.” She mumbled the moment Sooyoung was out from the emergency room. The girl was on a wheel chair with both hands wrapped in bandages. The doctor had to change the dressing on the other hand because it was covered with blood.   

“Oh Sooyoung… How are you feelinggggggg.” Mrs Jung straightaway walked towards the girl and surprisingly hugged her tightly, beating Jessica to it. Sooyoung was clearly still in dazed at that moment. She couldn’t think straight.

“Mumm..” Jessica called out for her mother hinting her to released her girlfriend from the hug. “Oh yeah sorry.” Mrs Jung said as she pulled herself from Sooyoung.

“Baby..” Jessica kneeled down in front of Sooyoung.

“Have you settled your work?” Sooyoung mumbled drowsily.

“Yes, I’m done.” Jessica replied with a smile. She felt like crying at that point, she didn’t know why, seeing her girlfriend all helpless like that.

“Are you sure? If you still need to do your work, I can wait here at the hospital. You go now.” Sooyoung mumbled. She didn’t even know what she was saying.

“No baby. I’m all yours now.” Jessica held her face and planted kisses all over,

“Can I have a donut before going home?” Sooyoung asked Jessica innocently.

“YES YES YOU CAN! I WILL BUY YOU AS MANY DONUTS AS YOU WANT!” Mrs Jung was the one who answered. Both of them just looked at the woman weirdly. They stopped by a donut place where Mrs Jung bought 3 boxes of donuts for her alone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter