Beginning

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Morning Ms Jessica.” Tiffany smiled the moment she saw her boss opened the door to the Jungs’ residence. “Morning Tiff.” Jessica returned the smile. Tiffany then handed Jessica a cup of vegan coffee and she went inside the house. “Thank you.” Jessica took the coffee and guided the woman towards her bedroom upstairs. That was Tiffany’s first time being inside the house. She was there previously but only to pass a few things from the front yard.  

“How is everything at the venue?” Jessica asked as they went up the stairs. It would be Soojin’s bridal shower later that evening. “All is good, everything is in order.” Tiffany provided her assurance so that the woman would not worry.

“Sorry you have to do all this alone Tiff.” Jessica sighed as she held on Tiffany’s forearm. Both Jessica and Sooyoung were supposed to be at the venue that afternoon for final touch ups with Tiffany but due to what happened last night, Jessica felt that it was best for them to skip the event. It was a relieved that Mrs Choi thought the same thing. “Soojin wouldn’t mind Jessica. It’s just a bridal shower. But please make sure that nothing will happen to Sooyoung a day or two before the real wedding.” Mrs Choi said to her last night on the phone when she called in to inform of the incident.  

“Ms Jessica, don’t worry. I am really having fun with the entire thing. It has been my pleasure helping Sooyoung and you with the event.” Tiffany smiled.

“I just don’t know how to thank you enough.” Jessica mumbled softly. In her mind, she would certainly be giving Tiffany a high pay raise. Tiffany just gave her a warm smile as a response. Both of them went inside Jessica’s bedroom and saw Sooyoung was still asleep. The time was still early, 8.30am.

“What happened exactly?” Tiffany asked her boss slowly as they stared at the sleeping girl.  

“She tripped in the dark then hit her forehead on the edge of our dressing table.” Jessica summarized everything in a single line.

“Poor girl.” Tiffany said as she looked at the girl with the ‘stitched’ forehead.

“By the way, we will be living here permanently now.” Jessica informed her assistant with a smile as they made their way to her workstation.

“She finally agreed to move in?”

“I guess she didn’t have a say anymore after what happened. My mum was furious. She even called the building management this morning to investigate the power outage. She concluded that we didn’t have good building management and if we were to continue living there, more unfortunate things will happen.” Jessica explained.

“Whoa, really?”

“Well you know my mother and her extremeness. I guess she was just trying to find ways to get us out of there so she just grabbed the opportunity.” Jessica said.

The reason why Tiffany dropped by that morning was to discuss Jessica’s schedule for next week and also to update her about the bridal shower. Aside from that, she was also there to see the birthday girl. While waiting for the birthday girl to wake up, they were doing a bit of work. It was indeed a distraction for Jessica to have Tiffany there. She, herself was also in a distraught state over what happened. Everything was so unexpected. As they were discussing, they heard Sooyoung’s phone rang. Sooyoung was awakened by it and lazily took her phone that was under her pillow. She looked at the screen sleepily and decided to just answer it.  

“Hel..lo.” She answered with her eyes closed before she put the call on a loudspeaker. She was really planning to just be on the bed the whole day. She was beyond miserable and the pain was just unbearable. If it was not because of painkillers; she wouldn’t be that calm.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOSSSSSSSSSSSSS”

“Too early guys..” Sooyoung groaned softly. The screaming was just too loud for her.

“Oh we’re sorry but not really sorry.” Hyoyeon said as they all laughed over the line. The early morning birthday call was from her staff – Hyoyeon, Yuri and Luna.

“Thanks guys.” Sooyoung mumbled sleepily.

“DO ENJOY THE DAY WITH YOUR Y VP GIRLFRIENDDDD.” Yuri screamed out loud.

“Yes I will Yul.” Sooyoung responded lazily.

“We are seeing you tomorrow night rightt??” Hyoyeon went on to say. They did plan to hang out for Sooyoung’s birthday a few days ago. “We really can’t wait to give you your birthday presenttttttt.” Luna added.

Sooyoung didn’t know what to say. Everything was just too stressful for her. As much as she wanted it, she didn’t want her staff to see her like that. The girls were so looking forward for her to be back in the office in a week's time. And with what happened last night, god knows how long she would be on medical leave this time around.

“Hmm.. I might need to take a raincheck. Something came up.” Sooyoung said softly. She really didn’t want them to worry.

“WHATT??? NOOOOOOOOO!” All three of her staff screamed over the phone. “You promised that we could hang out tomorrow nightttt” Yuri whined.

“Guys, we’ll plan again okay..” Sooyoung comforted her agents. She was really not in the mood that morning. “I have to go now. Thank you so much for remembering my birthday. You guys are just the best, I am the luckiest.” Sooyoung said.

“WE LOVE YOUUUUUU” All three of her staff screamed excitedly over the phone before they ended the call.

“Urghhhh.” Sooyoung groaned and then without realizing she spontaneously and aggressively rested her arm on her forehead. It seemed like she had forgotten altogether about her ‘stitched’ forehead.

“AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW” Sooyoung screamed out loud. The pain was unbearable. She stood up from the bed and out of frustration she threw her phone towards the door. And of course, her phone crashed. Seeing the phone crashed made her stressed out even more.

“kk” She exclaimed.

She was just so fed up with everything, mostly towards herself. 3 injuries in a row and all were because of her own recklessness which she herself couldn’t tolerate anymore. She had been absent from work and away from her staff, and now she would be missing out on her sister’s bridal shower. And at the same time, she was starting to get fed up having everyone taking care of her like a child, esp Jessica.

“Babeeeee!” Jessica was shocked to see her girlfriend’s sudden anger. That was the first time she had seen that.

Tiffany on the other hand, made her way to the door and picked up the damaged phone. “Soo..” She mumbled softly. She then saw there was blood on the stitched forehead. Could be from the friction of the arm earlier. “Calm down.” She comforted the girl who was starting to cry.

Jessica went to the girl and hugged her tightly. “Baby..” She said softly. “I hate this.” Sooyoung said with her tears falling overflowing. She was really feeling down. Jessica silently instructed Tiffany to get the cotton pads from the meds table across the room.

“I know.” Jessica softly rubbed the girl’s back trying to calm her down.

“I hate myself!” Sooyoung exclaimed as she aggressively released herself from the hug.

“Don’t say that please.” Jessica muttered back. She was also getting frustrated and trying really hard not to burst. “Sooyoung, I know how frustrating this is. Not just for you. But being angry won’t solve anything.” Jessica stated.

Tiffany came to them with the cotton pads and some of the ointment that the hospital gave last night. “I am not a baby that you need to constantly take care of!! And now you are asking Tiffany to come over to babysit me??” Sooyoung cried out loud.

“Why are you being like this??” Jessica questioned as she was starting to lose her patience.

“Being like what??? I know I am pathetic right now; you don’t have to keep on constantly reminding me that!” Sooyoung exclaimed loudly.

“Oh god…” Jessica groaned and walked away from Sooyoung with her hands on her hip. She was really fighting the urge not to scream back at the girl. Everything was frustrating to her as well. She was really trying to keep it together just for Sooyoung because she knew that everything was a lot harder for her.  

“What do you expect???? You are Ms Jessica’s baby!! Injured or not she will be taking care of you whether you like it or not!! And I will be helping her out every step of the way! The same goes for you if you need my help taking care of her, I will be there, without a question!  You have to accept that because that’s just how it is!!” Tiffany exclaimed out loud out of nowhere. “And just to let you know she didn’t ask me to come here, I invited myself over!” Tiffany added loudly.

Both Jessica and Sooyoung went silent as they were actually stunned by Tiffany’s sudden burst.

“Don’t you scream at her like that! She has been nothing but worried about you!!!!” Tiffany cried out loud.

“I’m sorry.” Sooyoung mumbled in between her tears as she turned to look at her girlfriend. Jessica understood why the girl was behaving like that. “I’m sorry too.” Jessica walked towards her and pecked her on the lips before she hugged her tightly.

“I’m sorry for yelling at you. I didn’t mean to.” Sooyoung buried her face against Jessica’s shoulders.

“It’s okay.” Jessica rubbed her back softly. After releasing herself from the hug, Sooyoung looked at Tiffany.

“I’m sorry Tiffany.” Sooyoung mumbled. Tiffany just smiled warmly as a response. She herself didn’t expect the outburst.   

“Let us see your forehead.” Jessica asked the girl to sit on the bed.  

“I’m sorry I threw the Switch.” Sooyoung said as she wiped her tears. She didn’t even know what she threw earlier. She thought she had thrown the Nintendo Switch Jessica bought her for her birthday.

“You threw your phone baby. Not the switch.” Jessica chuckled. Both Jessica and Tiffany had to carefully clean the stitched area and put a bit of pressure to stop the blood. It was certainly a scene that morning with Sooyoung’s anger burst and her loud screaming. Tiffany final

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter