Kisser

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sooyoung, the achievement award is later this evening.” Seohyun reminded Sooyoung as she stopped by her agent’s working area. “Oh it’s today?” Sooyoung asked back to her boss. Achievement awards had always been something to look forward to as an employee. The award would be held three times in a year representing three quarters in a year.

Sooyoung remembered when she was an agent in the contact center department, she basically won every award in every category there was. She didn’t know about this year. Ever since becoming the team manager for the email response team, her performance had been somewhat inconsistent.

“Baby, the email response team is a new team. You can expect the team to excel straightaway. Give it a year or two.” Jessica comforted her the other night when she was so depressed about the amount of complaints from the customers they were receiving. “A year or two?????” Sooyoung exclaimed loudly on the bed.

“It’s today Sooyoung. I thought the award is like your thing?” Seohyun smiled as she took a glanced towards her best agent. “It was for 6 years. But not anymore. Do I really have to be there?” Sooyoung asked back.

“Every team manager has to be there.” Seohyun responded. As usual, team managers had to be there to show support.

“Trust me. I don’t think either Yul or Hyo will win anything.” Sooyoung said in certain. For the time being, there were only two agents in the team since the team was still in trial period. If everything went well, Sooyoung would definitely be getting more agents in her team.

“You’ll never know Sooyoung. Don’t forget the award is at 4pm, ground floor later.” Seohyun smiled before she left her working area. Sooyoung let out a long sigh before she continued her work again on her desktop. For the first time ever she knew for sure her name wouldn’t be called during the achievement awards.

Nonetheless, she was determined. Last month, she promised herself that her name would be called this time around. Although it was impossible for her to win the best team manager award, she told herself that she would try to win the most improved team manager award this time around.

Manager Sunny had won the best team manager for three consecutive quarters so she knew it was hard to beat the woman. Only god knows how much she hates the woman. The woman was mean to her when she was working at the contact center department. And she knew for sure that the woman hated her as well.

The other day she saw Manager Sunny was laughing and chatting inside the VP’s office room with the VP herself. Sooyoung was walking by at level 5 at that time because she had to refer to HR about Yuri’s annual leave. The moment she walked past by Jessica’s room, she saw Jessica was laughing and being all friendly with Sunny. It’s not like she was jealous or anything, it’s just that she hated the woman.

“Sooyoung, do you think you’ll get it this time?” Hyoyeon came by to her place. Both Hyoyeon and Yuri knew what their boss wanted so they were working hard for her.

“Heh. I don’t know. My performance has been .” Sooyoung laughed before she stretched her arms.

“Don’t say that.” Hyoyeon mumbled softly. “At least this month we got lesser complaints than last month.” Hyoyeon smiled widely.

“Hyo, we got like 24 complaints this month and how much did we get last month?” Sooyoung asked back. “23.” Hyoyeon couldn’t help but to laugh. “That is .” Hyoyeon added. Then both of them laughed at the same time. “But you’ll never know Soo.” Hyoyeon then added.

“Let’s go somewhere the three of us later this evening. The award is pointless.” Suddenly Yuri appeared out of nowhere, trying to comfort her boss. She actually just got back from a toilet break.

“Every team manager has to be there.” Sooyoung imitated Seohyun’s voice which was clearly a bad one. “Soo, there’s like 40 over team managers in this building. Trust me no one would notice that you’re not there.” Yuri was trying to point out something relevant.

Sooyoung just laughed because she knew the most important person in the event would definitely notice it. The vice president Jessica Jung would be delivering a speech and handing out the award so she couldn’t escape. She had no choice but to attend the stupid achievement award later.

A few hours later, Sooyoung went down to the ground floor with Yuri and Hyoyeon as soon as it was announced through the building’s speaker. Sooyoung had to sit with the other team managers at the third row of the hall. She could see Manager Sunny from a far and she didn’t know why she felt like throwing up.

“Urgh..” She groaned. Before the even started, the MC announced the arrival of the VP to the hall and everyone had to stand up. Sooyoung was really not in the mood to be there. Sooyoung turned to look at the VP and she was elegant and beautiful as always. That was the only thing she loved about being there. She could look at her beautiful girlfriend. Jessica had been extremely busy the past few weeks. Last week, the woman went to Singapore for the World Finance Conference for 5 days and she just got back late last night. They rarely had time to spend together lately. Jessica did ask her to go to Singapore with her but Sooyoung couldn’t leave her team behind.

Jessica went on to give her opening speech and Sooyoung was smiling like an idiot looking at the woman. She didn’t know whether Jessica noticed her in the audience or not but she didn’t mind. There were indeed a lot of people at the hall at the time and Sooyoung had a feeling that she didn’t.

And then the award started and it was no shock

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter