Happy vibes

Lipstick

 

Other than the arrangement of books according to titles, Sungmin's duty was to select books to read to kids every Wednesday.

As she was put in charge of the stage for the reading session, after the first week, she has proposed to Mrs Lynnete Mathew about acting out the characters, meaning, not just reading the stories.

"You can give it a try, Sungmin, but  you only have one hour, so I guess you have to do some preparation" Lynnete told her. She has insisted Sungmin to call her just "Lynnete" instead of Mrs Mathew.

"I don't mind, Lynnete. I can select the book earlier, put up a poster, and prepare the act. Let's give it a try?" Sungmin told her. She has been self-improved her English before she started work, so now she was happy that she could communicate better. 

On Friday, she pre-selected a book, Rapunzel, and with Lynnete's permission, did a poster about the story-telling session on the following Wednesday. 

Mary went over to help Sungmin to put up the poster when saw Sungmin paster one poster opposite her checkout counter. 

"Wow, this will be interesting! You gonna do the acting?" Mary asked. Sungmin was friendly with everyone and they like her cute bowing and greetings the first week she started work. So on her 2nd week, everybody knew about her and like her humble character. 

"Yes! I hope I can do well!" Sungmin said and thanked her for help to put up more posters. 

"I will inform the kids too about the session when they checked out their books. At least they will be aware, in case they didn't see the poster!" Mary smile. 

"Ohh, thank you Mary!!!" Sungmin smile happily and bowed slightly, making Mary giggled because Sungmin was so cute. 

Sungmin practised her mini-play on Saturday and did the false long blond hair using her long yellow shawl. She has to cut it across into three pieces lengthwise, so that she could do the plait. 

"Morning baby. What are you doing?" Kyuhyun walked over to her and kissed her side temple. He had taken his shower and came out from their bedroom and saw his wife busy with her shawl. 

"It's for the kids reading session on this coming Wednesday. I suggested to play out the characters instead of just a read out, so the Head Librarian asked me to try it out" Sungmin smile at her husband. 

"Ohh that's a good idea, but you ended up have to do all the props!" 

"It's okay. I will choose a story that has simple props..." she smile at him. "Let's have breakfast!" 

After breakfast, they went to Burleigh Market, which only opened on weekends. They have been staying in Gold Coast for 2.5months, and weekend markets are their favourite! The prices are cheaper than supermarkets and they could get a lot of things fresh products. 

Other than being a farmers' market, which predominantly selling home grown vegetables and fruits, the market also have variety of other things, like food, snacks, and spices. 

Kyuhyun and Sungmin had a fabulous morning pottering around the many lovely stalls, drinking fresh juices and eating from food trucks while watching some local artists play music. 

Sungmin pulled Kyuhyun to a stall selling some really yummy sweets and savoury spread, and picked a few mouth-watering cupcakes and buns. 

"Min, I think we bought enough food! Don't have to take anymore..." Kyuhyun stopped her from taking more buns.  He was already carrying vegetables, fruits, mini pancakes, crepes, falafel, fresh orange juices, and now his wife was taking cupcakes and buns! Seriously?!!! 

"But I want...." 

"We just had breakfast and hotdog just now from the food truck..." 

"I'm still hungry..." 

"Okay okay, just pick 2 cupcakes and 2 buns..." 

"Okay!!!" Sungmin said happily.  She herself could not understand why she kept feeling hungry lately, and she started eating snacks in between meals! She needed to stop this habit, else she would put on a lot of weight!! 

Kyuhyun shook his head. His wife is so cute whenever she oggled at sweet desserts, so how could he not allow her to buy these desserts?? But then again, he didn't want to waste food. 

They went home happily and Sungmin munched the cupcakes and buns while they were watching a movie. And she could finish them all! She only feed a quarter of her cupcakes to Kyuhyun when he looked at her, marveling that she could still eat both buns and both cupcakes in one go! 

Sungmin's role playing for the reading session was a success! More kids join in and sat in front of her and a number of them were toddlers. Their mothers watched them from the side, and the toddlers were so inquisitive. They kept asking cutely all sorts of questions!! 

"Why is Rapunzel hair so long?" 
"Why did she lives in that tall castle?" 
"Where is the castle?" 
"Can I visit the castle?" 
"Where are Rapunzel's parents?" 
"Why are there no lifts in that castle?" 
"How will MacDeliveries deliver Macdonald's food to her?" 

Sungmin laughed while answering all their questions. They are so cute! After Sungmin finished her session, even the mothers gave her thumbs up and clapped encouragingly. 

Lynnete was happy with the session and encouraged Sungmin to do this every Wednesday! Mary was happy for her too and gave her 2 thumbs up! 

So it went on and on, every Wednesday, her session always attracted a lot of kids and they were always participating, singing along, cheering, clapping and laughing. 

But it made Sungmin extremely tired. Once she got into Kyuhyun's car when he picked her up, Sungmin would fall asleep and Kyuhyun ended up have to carry her into their house. 

Kyuhyun was contemplating to ask Sungmin to resign because lately it drain all her energy. He would order for dinner, and barely managed to get her to eat, then she would sleep again. He has to carry her to shower and she would cling to him because she was too tired to stand and later on after he had put on pajamas for her, she just continued sleeping. 

He did a conference call one night with his buddies to ask them about their plans to visit Gold Coast. They confirmed to fly over two Fridays from now and they requested for Kyuhyun to help them made reservations at a hotel. 

"Heyy guys, why not just stay at our house? We have 1 more bedroom. If you all don't mind sleeping on foam mattress, it should be enough to accommodate the 3 of you". 

"It's okay hyung, we didn't want to trouble you and Sungmin-ssi" Minho replied. 

"How is she, by the way?" Changmin asked him. 

"She has this job at a library and lately it make her so tired. She fall asleep in the car even before we reach home!" Kyuhyun then told them about the role playing every Wednesday and on Thursdays onwards, other than her usual duty, she would be preparing for the next role playing session.

"If she enjoys doing all these, you should support her, hyung" Suho told him.

"I am, but if it makes her so drain off, I think she is better off at home!" 

"Maybe she's not well? Bring her to see a doctor" Changmin suggested. 

"Yeah maybe. Thanks Chwang, I'll bring her to see a doctor on Saturday. Anyway I can claim back the doctor's charges from my company". 

"Okay, you all just stay in my house, okay?" 

"Okay okay, we discuss among ourselves first. Goodnight hyung!" Minho told him. They all said their goodbyes and off their phone. 

Kyuhyun was scolding himself as to why he didn't think of bringing his wife to the doctor. He sighed and was about to get up to off the light when he saw Sungmin at their bedroom door. 

"Heyyy, why are you up?" Kyu stepped towards her. 

"I'm hungry..." she leaned into Kyuhyun's arm. 

He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and guided her towards their kitchen. "Do you want a bun? I bought on my way to pick you and we still have 2 pieces more" 

"Okay, thanks Kyu"

"We go to a doctor on Saturday okay" 

"Hmm.. why?" Sungmin said while munching a bun. She finished a piece and ate the next piece. Kyuhyun took a glass of water for her. 

"You seem too shack lately. Let's just go for a general checkup" 

"I... think.. I know why..." she finished up her drink, and looked up at him. 

"Because of your role playing?" 

Sungmin shook her head "I missed my periods.... Kyu...I think I'm pregnant.." 

Kyuhyun was speechless and dumbstruck. He stared at his wife "What? Really?" he held her face "Ohmygod... Ohhh Min...." and he hugged her, still feeling unreal. "No wonder..." 

"I am not 100% sure though..." 

He let her go and held her face again "Okay okay we really have to see a doctor on Saturday. Tomorrow we buy the pregnancy test kit. And please don't work too hard tomorrow and promise me you will take care of yourself!" 

Sungmin nodded her head and Kyuhyun hugged her again. Now everything fits in like a puzzle! No wonder she was always hungry and feeling tired! 

He felt like shouting happily so that everybody could hear how happy he was...!