Upset

Lipstick

Kyu!!" Sungmin was waving from her seat in a cafe near Kyuhyun's office, the minute Kyuhyun stepped into the cafe. Kyuhyun had asked her to meet him on Thursday night to discuss something, which Sungmin thought maybe regarding Saturday.

"Heyy Min! " Kyuhyun bent down to kiss her and sat down opposite her. "What did you order?"

"I've ordered for you too. Coffee black and Americano, and 2 pieces of strawberry cakes for us"

"Ok great, thanks" Kyuhyun smile at her but didn't know how to start telling her the news.

Noticing that Kyuhyun was hesitating, Sungmin asked with concerned "Anything wrong Kyu? Is it regarding this Saturday? I mean, if you are not ready, it's really ok with me, we don't have to hurry".

"No, it's not about this Saturday. My parents are coming, by the way" Kyuhyun smile, and looked up when the cafe staff came with their drinks and cakes.

After thanking the cafe staff, Sungmin pushed gently the black coffee towards her boyfriend and place one plate of the cake in front of him. She looked at him gesturing him to continue.

"Remember the project that I was finishing when we were in Kyoto?" and when Sungmin nodded while putting a spoonful of cake into her cute mouth, Kyuhyun continued "My boss said that our client was very happy about the program and wanted to implement in our Australian office".

"Wow, that's great! Congratulations!!"

"Thanks. But our Australian office, which is in Gold Coast, is requesting the project system analyst to be station there for a year to guide their people on implementing the program and to support them for a few months thereafter".

"Ohh ok, so..." Sungmin said, not really sure where is the conversation is leading to. It was a wonderful news that the project was successful and that Kyuhyun played a big part in that success.  It means all his hard work pays off!!

"Min, I am the main system analyst for the project, so they are asking me to be in Gold Coast for a year..."

"What... ??" Sungmin said in surprise, and with her cute big eyes. She gave Kyuhyun a confuse look.

"They need me to be there by December, and to help them to implement the program from scratch".

"You mean you have to stay in Gold Cost?"

"Yes, all expenses paid for and they can arrange for my wife to be there too" Kyuhyun looked at her to see her reaction.

When Sungmin still gave him a confuse look, Kyuhyun put both of his hands on his dear Sungmin's face and said "Min, I want you to go with me, and stay with me in Gold Coast"

Understanding at last, Sungmin said "Ohhh, Gold Coast is nice. But I have my musical, Kyu"

"Can you let it go? At least for a year?"

"I work hard to get this role" Sungmin looked down at her fingers on the table, sadly.

"I know, I'm so sorry, Min. I didn't expect my company to plan to send me over, especially now that we are getting married" Kyuhyun squeezed her hands, and continued "I googled the place where the Australian office is, it is at Broadbeach at Surfers Paradise, and there is a library there. I can make some enquiries whether there is any vacancies, and you can try to apply, and maybe start a drama or musical class for kids?" Kyuhyun suggested.

Sungmin was quiet. She looked doubtful that she could get a job there, and worst still, she is not fluent in English. "I can't speak English very well, and maybe I would make lots of blunders during the interview".

"It's just a plan, don't worry too much about it yet. I just want to know whether you are ok if we go and stay in Gold Coast for a year. I won't stop you if you want to continue with your musicals after we come back, and if we have our own family by then, we can arrange for somebody to look after our baby" Kyuhyun smile encouragingly.

"I... I need to talk to my family first, Kyu, I'm so sorry I can't give an answer right now"

"Why not I bring this matter up on Saturday? I need your family to know and to give us their blessings for us to be away from Korea for a year" Kyuhyun said, and continued "Min, it's a good opportunity for me to get promoted. I will have a much higher salary and we can live comfortably" Kyuhyun was still trying to get Sungmin to see the bright future.

Honestly, Sungmin did agree that it would be good opportunity for a promotion too and she was very proud of Kyuhyun actually. Her dear fiancee is still young, yet he was selected to represent his company to work in the Australian office.

"Kyu, it's not that I disagree that it's a good opportunity for you. In fact I am very proud of you.  But I just feeling sad that I have to give up on the next musical. I know it's not a great achievement or anything to be proud off, but it's my passion. Give me some time to absorb this news and to think. Of course my priority will be you and to be with you, but just me me some time, ok?".

Realising that he was not being fair to his dear Sungmin, Kyuhyun reached out for her hands. "Of course, Min. I'm so sorry to put you in this situation. I will accept whatever you decide and if after Saturday you need more time to discuss with your family, do go ahead. I will wait for your decision".

Sungmin felt like crying. Kyuhyun is such a sweet and caring fiancee. If she pursue her passion and proceed with the new musical "Jack the Ripper", it would mean that she has to part with Kyuhyun when he start his work at Gold Coast. Can she bear the separation when they just started to build their new life together?

On their way back to Sungmin's home, she was quiet, deep in thought.

"Min? So is it ok on the timing?" Kyuhyun asked again when they stopped at a traffic light. 

"Huh, what again, sorry?" 

"You were not listening..." Kyuhyun chuckled. "You were still thinking about your musical that you have to give up, right?" Kyuhyun reached across to squeeze her hands. 

"I.. yes, I'm so sorry. What was it that you ask?" 

"My mum texted me to say that we will be at your house around 4pm"

"Oh ok, yes, it's okay" Sungmin smile. 

Kyuhyun stopped his car in front of Sungmin's house but didn't get out. He turned to Sungmin, took a deep breath, and said "Min, actually I shouldn't force you to give up your musical. Maybe I talk to my parents tomorrow about our wedding, that it is better to be after I come back from Gold Coast. So our wedding will be next year, instead of this coming autumn". 

Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun with disbelief. Did she heard it right? Kyuhyun decided that they will only get married after he return from Gold Coast, which is a year later? 

"What? Kyu, just because I haven't decide about giving up my musical, doesn't mean that we should postpone our wedding till next year. Why did you even think of that? And so it's because of me? That I'm so self-centred about my musical that you are willing to give up our wedding?" Sungmin burst out. She sounded both angry and upset. 

Kyuhyun got a shock that Sungmin raised her voice and sounded very upset. He cursed himself "Oh , what have I done?! I don't meant it that way..." he told himself sadly. 

​​​​