Spending quality time

Lipstick

 

There is a saying about twins: "Twice as sick, three times as tired, and four times the weight gain." 

Sungmin experience exactly that. Kyuhyun had gone to send his buddies to their apartment, and Mary has left about an hour ago, and now Sungmin felt restless and extreme tired and she just plopped on her sofa. She felt lonely and felt like calling Kyuhyun to ask him whether he was on the way home or not. 

"What's wrong with me? Kyu send his buddies to check in to their apartment, so of course it's only polite to stay around for a while. And when I'm not working at the library and Kyu left for work, I'm alone too. Must be these hormones acting up again" Sungmin chided herself. 

She went to her kitchen and took 2 leftover chicken cutlets that Mary has helped her to pack in plastic containers. She brought the 2 chicken cutlet to munch, because she was hungry. 

"Babies, why are you making mummy always hungry? Mummy will put on a lot of weight like this, my dears...." she said, and chuckled when she felt some movements. One one hand, she loved being pregnant. The beauty of pregnancy is that she could always talk to her babies, and they normally would response, and she felt so much connected to them. 

On the other hand, being pregnant was tiring. She couldn't do her usual chores because she got tired easily. And she felt bad to always rely on Kyuhyun. Though Kyuhyun has been the best husband ever, but she knew he was tired after work, hence it made her felt guilty if he did household chores. 

Her phone rang but her fingers, she used both her fingers, were still holding the chicken cutlet. She saw that it was Kyuhyun calling, so she got up to wash her hand and cane back to her phone but Kyuhyun had hang up. Didn't want Kyuhyun to be worried, she returned his call. 

"Hi Kyu, sorry I was washing my hand... " 

"Heyy baby, I thought you were taking a nap. Did I disturb you?" 

"No, no, I wasn't taking a nap..." 

"Ahh okay. The guys want to go for a drink, so isit okay if I join them for a while?"

"Sure, go ahead. You can show them where our favourite kebab cafe too" Sungmin smile. 

"Do you want that? I get for you?" 

"Yes!!! Oh yes!! Thanks Kyu" 

"Will you be okay alone?" 

"Yes, don't worry. I'll take a nap soon" 

"Okay baby, see you later. I love you" 

"Love you. Have a great time with the guys. See you, Kyu" Sungmin off her phone. She resume her munching "Okay babies, it's just you two and mummy... Let's cheer up!!" she chuckled and finished up her chicken

The guys were having a great time. They went to Hard Rock Cafe for drinks and snacks and were noisily laughing when Kyuhyun told them about what happened when Sungmin got angry because he didn't want to go in at first and when they came back, it was already closed! 

"Hyung, you should already understand women! When they see something that they like, they would go for it...." Suho told him. 

"I didn't said no, I just said we'll come back later, but I forgot that Australians took their labour law seriously. Close at 5pm means really closed at 5pm!" Kyuhyun shhok his head. 

"Yeah I heard over here, even the shop opens like 9 to 5, and only weekends their operates longer" Changmin said.

"Precisely, and hardly anybody work overtime. It's good for family bonding but for office workers, sometimes we have datelines to meet and by the time I looked around, there wasn't anybody left!!" Kyuhyun whined in a low voice. 

They talked for a while about Kyuhyun's life at Gold Coast and then they stepped into the Rock Shop. 

"Wow, the Hard Rock shop here has many different designs! No wonder Sungmin wanted to see..." Minho commented. 

"Well I guess because it's using beach paradise concept whereas other outlets are using city motive or sightseeing concept. So this Surfers Paradise outlet is one of the best actually, in terms of variety of designs" Kyuhyun told them. 

Situated at the corner of Cavill Ave and Surfers Paradise Boulevard in Surfers Paradise, it's strategic location plus the iconic huge guitar framing the exterior of the shop, made it a very eye-catching souvenir shop, and very popular with tourist flocking from all parts of Gold Coast. The menu has vegan options as well as healthy diet option which can cater for all ages. 

The guys bought 2 teeshirts each, and Minho grabbed one more teeshirt, a girl size, to give to Mary. He got teased non-stopped by the guys. 

Kyuhyun brought them around, showed them where the bus coach terminal was, went shopping and finally went to his favourite kebab cafe. They packed back as they wanted to eat in their apartment while watching the sun set, and kyuhyun took his leave. 

"Hyung, tell Sungmin I'll go to the library early on Wednesday to practice for the play. I'll find my way, so I see her there" Minho told Kyuhyun when he followed him to the door. 

"Okay I will, but you ended up couldn't join the guys for sightseeing on Wednesday" Kyuhyun said. 

"Ahhh, on Wednesday, they just want to laze an the beach, so it's okay..." Minho laughed. From their balcony, they could view the beach and it was so tempting! 

"Alright, anyway we have tomorrow for sightseeing, and I'm on leave. I'll bring you all around tomorrow ok" 

"Yup, thanks hyung, send my regards to Sungmin and see you tomorrow" Minho patted Kyuhyun's shoulder. 

They bid goodbye and Kyuhyun left. He had packed 4 kebabs for their dinner and for Sungmin's midnight snacks. He smile and took out his phone to text his wife that he would be home soon. 

Sungmin was sleeping on their couch when he reached home. She looked so cosy hugging a small stuffed penguin, and her tee-shirt was pulled up a bit, showing her growing tummy. Kyuhyun chuckled, walked towards her and kissed her temple, and kissed her tummy, and then put the kebabs on their dining table. 

He went to their bedroom to take a shower.  While showering, he chuckled recalling his time with his buddies just now. They were still the same, still joke and laughed and easy to get into any conversation. How he missed spending time with them. 

The guys wanted to visit Dreamworld and Movie World tomorrow so he has to break the news to Sungmin that she has to be alone at home. Though he was worried, but since it was not her working day, he felt better as she would be resting at home. 

When he stepped out from their bedroom, his beloved wife had woken up and was looking around,, probably wondering whether he was home. 

"Heyyy love" he walked around to her and sat next to her. Wrapping her in his arms, he tidied up her hair and said "I bought kebabs" he smile and kissed her forehead. "Do you want to eat now?" 

Sungmin smile and leaned in his arms. "Sorry I fell asleep, and didn't hear that you came back . Just now, after shower, I felt so sleepy so I lie down..." she told him and rest her head against his chest. 

Kyuhyun held her tighter. He loved holding her like this and he kissed her hair. "It's okay, you need to rest more. You were tired after all the cooking this morning" 

"Have you eaten? With the guys, I mean?" 

"We had drinks and snacks. I told them about the kebab and they all want to buy too, and they decided to pack back, so that they can laze at their apartment's balcony to see the sun set..." 

"Wow, that's nice!" 

"Mmmm, Min, tomorrow I'm bringing them to Dreamworld and MovieWorld...."

"Yeah, okayyyy. Don't worry about me, I need to go through my screen play for Wednesday" 

"Oh yes, Minho said he will be at the library early and will look for you for the rehearsal. He said he already find out where the library is..." 

"Ohh yeah because they are having lunch together.." 

"Who..?" 

"Minho and Mary!" 

"Ohhhh really?!! Idiot Minho, he's fast!! And he never tell me!" 

Sungmin giggled and moved out of her husband's embrace. "That's what I call 'seize the day'! He grab the opportunity since it's in front of him!" 

"He learned it from me..." 

Sungmin laughed "Did you grab the opportunity?" 

"Of course!! I returned your phone and lipstick, and I fell in love with you, and I never let you go since!"

Sungmin smile, and looked down the penguin. Her husband has been the best guy ever for her and she was the one who at times didn't appreciate his care. Okay, correction, not that she didn't appreciate his care, but he cared too much!! 

"Why that look... ?" 

"You have been a wonderful man all this while, it's me who's always angry at you, walked out on you, causing you headache, causing you to  worry about me...." and she stopped because Kyuhyun kissed her! 

"Anymore...?" Kyuhyun . 

"No more..." she laughed cutely, and earning a long kiss. 

"Min, are you very hungry now?" kyuhyun asked huskily.

"Not really, why...?" 

"Coz I'm hungry for you now..." he said in a low voice and her from her tee-shirt. 

"Kyu, I already had my shower!!" 

"Me too, but we can shower again later!" he smile naughtily and scooped her up and went to their bedroom.