Sydney

Lipstick

 

Passing through the Sydney Harbour Bridge was like a dream come true to Sungmin. She only saw this Bridge in movies and in calendars. And now their car was  going through the bridge!! She took videos and photos at the same time especially when Sydney Opera House came into view!

She lowered down the window to have a better view, and she stretched herself to shoot a video.

"Min, careful!" Kyuhyun got worried because his wife's head was out of the window. "Move back inside" he use his left hand to pull her in.

"Just a second, Kyu!" Sungmin said as she shoot the top of the bridge.

The Sydney Harbour Bridge is one of the world’s most recognisable landmarks. Not only it is the largest steel arch bridge on the planet, you can even walk, or cycle across it, and even climb to its peak for incredible views!

This iconic bridge took eight years to build and opened in 1932. It is made of 53,000 tonnes of steel and six million hand-driven rivets. The arch spans 503 metres, and the top is 134 metres above the water.

"Min, sit down!" Kyuhyun pulled her again when he noticed that her tummy was hitting the car door.

"Kyu, the view is so amazing!!! Pure awesome!!" Sungmin said excitedly.

"Okay I believe you. But is your tummy okay? You hit the door a few times" Kyuhyun was more worried if she was in pain.

"No, I'm fine. Really!" she smile happily at her worried husband.

They reached their hotel and  checked-in. Intercontinental Sydney is housed in a charming 19th- century building, and their room was facing the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge, much to Sungmin's delight!

Intercontinental Sydney is situated at Circular Quay, and it is in a beautifully restored Treasury Building of 1851.

"Kyu, this hotel must be expensive!" Sungmin expressed her concerned.

"I want you to have a beautiful view and a comfortable room. Nice view right?" Kyuhyun hugged her from behind and kissed her neck.

"Awesome view and  really beautiful hotel!!" she turned to him and smile happily "Thank you, I love this place!!"

"Min, can we rest for a while, then we go out and eat?"

"By resting... do you mean... intimately resting...?" Sungmin gorgeous husband.

"Well, I need to recharge my batteries, so yes, I do want you so badly..." he chuckled and pulled her into a kiss, and carried her to their large bed. Though carrying twins, she was still not too heavy and Kyuhyun just loved to carry his adorable wife. 

2 hours later, after making sweet love, took a short nap and then freshened up, they left the hotel to walk around Circular Quay. Sungmin didn't want to use the car because she wanted to walk and see the view. 

The weather was lovely, windy and not too sunny, and the whole Circular Quay was very lively, with a few guys performing street music, another guy doing a magic show further down, and then 2 guys performing street dance near to the cruise area.

"Min, are you okay to have fish and chips for our lunch?" Kyuhyun said, pointing to a fish and chips cafe. 

"Yes of course!! Now that you mention Fish and Chips, I suddenly feeling hungry!" she laughed. 

"You three, you mean?" Kyuhyun pinched her nose. 

Sungmin laughed "Yeah, we three suddenly feeling hungry! Please feed us, daddy!!" 

They laughed and entered Quay seafood fish and chips, hand-in-hand, however only the bar high stool seats were available. It was quite crowded, apparently from lunch time till now. 

Sungmin felt disappointed and unconsciously soothed her tummy. They were about to turn around to leave when an elderly guy called them. 

"Heyy mate, you two can sit here, I'm finishing soon!" the elderly guy signalled them to come over. 

Kyuhyun looked at his wife, and gently pulled her along towards the guy's table. 

"Go ahead and sit!" he gestured at the chairs. "Good day, mate! I'm Noah Hudson" 

"Hello sir! Thank you for allowing us to share your table" Kyuhyun bowed slightly at him. 

"Where are you guys from?" Noah asked them. 

"From Gold Coast. I'm on work attachment for 2 years. We are from South Korea actually and I'm Cho Kyuhyun, and this is my wife, Sungmin" Kyuhyun told him politely. 

"I love Gold Coast!!" he laughed, finishing his codfish. "So you guys on holiday here? First child?" Noah asked, gesturing at Sungmin's tummy. 

"Yes, on a roadtrip till next week" Kyuhyun answered. "And yes, first child but twins!" he grinned happily. 

"Holy cow! Twins! You are good, mate!!" Noah nudged Kyuhyun, making him laughed. 

Sungmin asked politely "You are a local here, Mr Hudson?" 

"Yeah, and I have a shoe shop nearby. Me and my brother make our shoes by hand, stitch manually and do everything by hand! It's my lunch break, so I come here. My brother is at the shop now" he said wiping his mouth. "Ohhh hold on, I give you our namecard" Noah took out his leather cardholder and took our his card, and passed to them. 

"Wow, that's interesting!" Sungmin smile. "Do you have walking shoes for me? You know, pregnant women's leg are usually enlarged during pregnancy..." 

"Yup, we have. Drop by if you have the time? Just take a look... We close at 6pm and opens at 10am" he smoke warmly at them. "What is your size ma'am?" 

"UK size 6. But I think most likely I'll be size 7 soon!" she laughed. 

"You shouldn't walk too much, I think it's swelling, right?" Kyuhyun checked her feet with concern. 

"Don't worry mate! Soak your feet at night with warm water, it'll soon go away" Noah advised them. "Go ahead and place your order. Try their Billy tea. It's good" Noah showed his thumb. 

So after Kyuhyun had placed their orders, he came back to their table.  Noah, who was getting ready to leave earlier, had decided to accompany Sungmin for a while. After knowing that Sungmin worked in a library, he recommended a quint old bookshop at The Rocks, just opposite the Quay. 

"And, do drive to the Blue Mountains, there is a very nice town called Leura. Try the Cafe Madeleine! Very lovely chocolates and cookies!" Noah told them before finally bidding goodbyes. 

Kyuhyun promised him that they would definitely drop by at his shoe shop soon and waved goodbye! 

"Such a nice person! So warm and bubbly!" Sungmin praised Noah. 

"Yes, surprisingly those locals that we met are always nice to us. On the contrary, I always read that they are nasty to Asians" Kyuhyun said at a lower voice.

Their food came and Sungmin loved the fish and chips! Each platter was huge until Kyuhyun doubted that he could finish it! But Sungmin was delighted and said that she would eat Kyuhyun's leftovers! She loved the taste, because it tasted different from those fish and chips that she tasted before in Gold Coast.

Quay seafood fish and chips offered truly fresh authentic fish and chips, and they cooked to perfection, with fresh cod fish from the harbour. And Sungmin finished everything! And yes, even Kyuhyun's leftovers! 

By the time they walked to Sydney Opera House, Sungmin felt tired and sleepy. 

"See, you ate too much, that's why" Kyuhyun . 

"I ate for 3....." Sungmin wined at him, making Kyuhyun laughed. 

"Let's walk back to our hotel and you take a nap first. Later we can visit the shoe shop. Tomorrow we drive to the Blue Mountains, then we can drop by The Rocks" Kyuhyun put his arm around his tired wife. 

"Okayyy" Sungmin smile at him. 

"Can you walk back?" Kyuhyun started to get worried that his wife was too fatigue. 

"Can you get me a drink?" she asked sleepily. 

Kyuhyun looked around for a bench for his wife to rest, and saw that there were 4 benches near the pier, with some people sitting and watching a guy playing a guitar. 

Kyuhyun guided his wife towards the benches and get her to sit at a vacant space. "Min, you sit here okay. Don't go anywhere. I get you a drink from the convenience store over there" Kyuhyun pointed to the mini-mart across them. 

Sungmin nodded and smile "Okay" and added "get me a cold drink, Kyu" 

"Okay" and he kissed her forehead and smile and turned around to walk towards the Opera Convenience Store. 

The convenience store was quite spacious and it was operating  24hours. Kyuhyun took a small basket and took cold orange juice, cold plain water, 2 pack of red bean buns, and wafer chocolates. He queued to pay and stepped out. 

He looked across to the benches, but his wife wasn't there. "Ehh, where did she go...?" he looked around in case she got up to take some photos. 

He signed with relieved when he spotted her standing with the small crowd, watching the guy playing the guitar and was taking a video. 

Kyuhyun stepped nearer and heard the guy playing their Korean folk song Arirang on his guitar. He softly tab his wife arm and Sungmin turned and smile at him, and off her video. 

"Kyu, that guy is from Korea too, from Busan, and he came here 5 years ago..." she told him excitedly. "I was, standing here watching, then he asked me where I was from, and when I told him, he told me about himself then he started playing Arirang!" 

"Let me put some money, okay?" Kyuhyun smile and took out the change that he got from the convenience store just now. It was A$15 dollars and he stepped towards the guy's guitar case, gave a slight bow at him and put the A$15 in the guitar case. There were some other notes from other spectators too, but mostly smaller notes. 

"Kamsahamnida" the guy gave him a slight bow too and finished up his song, and the spectators clapped their hands. 

"Thank you!" the guy waved his hand at the spectators. He got up and stepped towards Sungmin and Kyuhyun. "Annyeong!" he said and gave a slight bow. 

Both Kyuhyun and Sungmin greeted him and Kyuhyun shook hands with him. They got to know that the guy worked at the Sydney Harbour boat tour, and when he wasn't working, he loved to play his guitar here, just to earn some extra money. 

"Why don't you join the boat tour? We cruise around up to the base of Blue Mountain, and back here, about 3 hours duration...." the guy, Albert Kim, told him. 

"How big is the boat? Is it very rough because I'm not if my wife can take the ride" Kyuhyun told him honestly. 

"Ohh, don't worry, it's a cruise boat actually... , that one" Albert pointed at a large cruise boat, near the pier. "It's quite stable and we have seats, so she can sit and enjoy the view" 

"Ohhh that's great! Can we go, Kyu?? " Sungmin clapped her hand and asking Kyuhyun with excitement. 

Albert grinned "I'll be on duty the day after tomorrow. The cruise starts at 10am, if you two are interested?" 

"Alright, we'll get the tickets. Just nice because tomorrow we'll be driving up the Blue Mountains, so the day after tomorrow we'll take the boat cruise" Kyuhyun grinned, knowing that his dear wife was dying for him to agree. 

"Great, see you two!" Albert waved and gave a slight bow and returned back to his guitar. 

Kyuhyun guided his wife towards the entrance of the Circular Quay to start walking back to their hotel. He passed the cold orange juice to her after opening the cap "We rest first, then we go to Mr Hudson's shoe shop okay". 

Sungmin nodded and drank the juice and she finished it in one go! She didn't know that she was that thirsty!! "This juice is good! You should buy more!" she grinned at him. 

Kyuhyun chuckled "Yeah okay, I'll buy more if we pass by any convenience store" he smile, holding her hand and intertwined hers with his. 

"I love you, Kyu" she smile, because she was thankful that Kyuhyun was such an adorable husband. 

Kyuhyun brought up their intertwined hands to kiss her hand "I love love love you" he grinned. "Let's have a great time in Sydney!!" and he reached over to kiss her temple. 

They walked towards their hotel happily, hand-in-hand and smiling at each other.