Lovely days

Lipstick

 

What happened last evening was really funny! Sungmin still laughed at her husband for being so cute! When she stomped off towards the tram station, Kyuhyun had hastily chased her and hugged her from behind and kept saying that he was sorry. He surprised her by scooping her up in the middle of the pathment and kissed her and kept saying sorry again, making passersby smile at them. Sungmin had laughed and said "Okay okay you are forgiven!!"

They would be going to Movie World today, and Sungmin woke up early to finish unpacking, and cook scramble eggs and french toast. Kyuhyun was still bathing, so Sungmin sat down and took The GoldCoast Bulletin newspaper which they bought yesterday at a supermarket, to scan through if she could find any interesting job vacancies.

"Ohhh, wow, the library is looking for a part time Library Attendent. Hmmm.. interesting!" and she jotted down the details. She hasn't decided to work yet but it was good to consider.

Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around his wife neck from behind "What's so interesting in the newspaper..?" and he kissed the side of her neck. 

Sungmin giggled and showed Kyuhyun the advertisement.

"Ohh, it's at Sunshine Boulevard, Mermaid Waters. We can drop by the library later before we go to Movie World. Just to take a look.." Kyuhyun said. 

"So you are okay if I work?" she asked while setting up the table for their breakfast. 

Kyuhyun helped to pour coffee into their 2 mugs. "You don't have to work actually, but I also didn't want you to be bored staying alone. Anyway, I think it's alright because it's on part time basis, right? As long as you are not too tired and you are home when I come home"

"Okay, let's drop by the library then" Sungmin smile widely.

"We drop by the library, then go to Hard Rock Cafe, then go to Movie World" Kyuhyun pinched her nose and pecked her lips. He didn't want the same thing to happen again, so he better get those tee-shirts for her! 

Sungmin laughed happily and hugged him. She knew Kyuhyun loved her unconditionally and when he apologised yesterday, he really meant it. Such an adoring husband!

They left their apartment hand-in-hand and Kyuhyun drove to the nearby Mermaid Waters. Surprisingly for a small town, the public library was spacious, has desk space for those who wanted to work or use their own laptop, has free WiFi, lots of books, full computerised for books to checked-out or to return, and have a reference section fully equipped with scanner and photocopy machine. The section for kids has a small stage, probably for story telling or some mini plays. The air-con was just nice and overall, the library gave a welcoming effect.

Sungmin tapped Kyuhyun's arm when she saw the advertisement poster for part-time library attendent. "Kyu, can you ask for me? You are more fluent in English..."

Kyuhyun approached an admin staff and enquired about the job poster. The admin girl called their supervisor and a smily elderly lady came towards Kyuhyun and Sungmin. Kyuhyun enquired about the part-time job advertisement and whether a long term visitor pass holder are eligible to apply. 

They received a favourable reply! The library admin supervisor was okay for long term visitor pass holder and they need the part-timers to work on Wednesdays to Fridays, 2.30pm to 5.30pm. 

"Thank you! Is there an application form for us to fill up?" Kyuhyun asked. 

"Ohh, you can fill up here" the lady gave them an ipad, and continued "put your email address, we'll get in touch with you to upload your passport and visitor pass document". 

"Thank you very much!" 

"No problem. You can use the seats there and click the submit button here after you have input the details. Then you just pass back the ipad to Mary here, alright?" the lady smile. 

Kyuhyun and Sungmin nodded and thanked the lady again. Before Kyuhyun clicked submit he asked Sungmin "You sure you want to work?" 

Sungmin nodded her head "Yes, and the timing is perfect. I hope I will be chosen". 

"Alright" and Kyuhyun click submit. 
After they have submitted the application, they left the library to go to Sunset Boulevard, Surfers Paradise to get the Hard Rock Cafe tee-shirts. 

Seeing how Sungmin grinning happily just made his day. Kyuhyun now know the true meaning of marriage. Not only it's for sharing of life, building a family together, compromising, and have mutual respect, but also making each other happy and the feeling of completeness with each other. 

They had a great time in Movie World. After two rides of practically everything, especially the Spiderman rides, Sungmin told Kyuhyun happily "Let's come back here with our kid!!" 

Kyuhyun looked at her, smiling. "So, should we have a kid soon?" 

"Do you want to?" 

"Yes, but I prefer to let it happen naturally. I don't want you to be pressured to get pregnant. I'm really okay if we have a baby here in Gold Coast or after we come back to Seoul" 

Sungmin smile shyly. She never imagined to be pregnant but yes, she would let God decide the time. Anyway, they are not in a hurry, and like what her husband said, just let it happened naturally. She was pulled into a hug and she looked up at her gorgeous husband. 

"I love you" Kyuhyun said simply. 

"I love you too, Kyu" Sungmin smile sweetly at him. 

They walked hand-in-hand towards the park exit and towards their car. 

The next day, Kyuhyun brought his wife to a Whale-watching cruise which departed from Sea World port, in the morning. It was an awesome experience as they had close encounters with majestic Humpback Whales, and they could even listen to the unique whale songs live with an underwater microphone on board. 

In the afternoon, they joined the afternoon tour to see the beautiful Natural Bridge at Springbrook. It has beautiful and stunning Natural Arch waterfall and The Goondawanna Rainforests was truly awesome. They learned about the unique flora and fauna of the rain forest, and it was trilling to be able to walk inside the cave see the water cascading through the roof of the basalt cave formed over millions of years. 

"Kyu, it's really beautiful!! I never thought that Gold Coast is so beautiful! I thought there are only beaches and sunshine!" 

"Yeah, I was surprise too when I first came to Gold Coast 2 years ago for business trip. I was told about this beautiful tour but I never had a chance to join". 

Continuing the tour, "Best of All Lookout" offers a view of northern New South Wales and Mount Warning.  The walk to this magnificent lookout takes them through one of the few remaining pockets of the ancient Antarctic Beech forest. 

The tour brought them to a cosy hinterland restaurant which provided freshly baked scones with jam and cream, accompanied by a coffee, tea or hot chocolate for afternoon tea. Sungmin loved the home made scones and she asked Kyuhyun if they could buy extra. Kyuhyun playfully asked her "You are not pregnant right?" and got smacked on his arm by his wife. 

They headed off to the nearby viewing platform to see the enchanting Purling Brook Falls and they could see the great scenery of the Numinbah Valley too. During the journey back, they passed through numerous waterfall like the Twin Falls and Rainbow Falls which they viewed from Canyon Lookout. 

Along the journey back to Gold Coast city, Kyuhyun pointed to Sungmin wild kangaroos and the cute pretty-faced wallabies, as these animals emerged from their bush retreats to feed on the lush grass and bushes along the highway.

"They are so cute!! Kyu, look, there's a mummy kangaroo with a baby kangaroo in her sack!! So cute!!" Sungmin pointed excitedly. 

"The baby kangaroo is call joey" Kyuhyun told her. 

"Joey?" 

"Yup. The joey is very pampered you know. It can remain in the mummy's pouch for nine months and continues to le until twelve to seventeen months of age". 

"Wow... amazing" 

"Just like human baby. Just that you will need to hold it. And it will mummy's milk for a few months. I guess I will have to share mummy's with our baby when that happens" Kyuhyun said with a straight face. 

He laughed out loud when Sungmin realised what he was talking about and pinched him!

For the remaining journey, Sungmin rested her head in Kyuhyun's arm and smile contentedly. Kyuhyun has been charming throughout the day, always holding her hand, put his arm around her waist, held her shoulders and always put her safety first above anything else. 

Throughout the tour, Sungmin could see some glances and stares from other women in their tour group because Kyuhyun is so handsome and gorgeous, but Kyuhyun seemed to be oblivious to all these and only concentrate on herself only. Such a loving husband! 

They collected their car which they had parked outside Sea World port, and Kyuhyun drove back along the highway. 

"Kyu, can we buy that kebab from that place when we first arrived here?" 

"Ohh, Orchid Kebab?..." 

"Yeah, it was really nice! Can we go back there again?" 

"Of course, whatever you want to eat! Ermmmm, are you sure you are not pregnant?" 

Sungmin playfully beat Kyuhyun repeatedly. Kyuhyun laughed and said "Min, I'm driving!!!" 

"Then stop asking whether I'm pregnant or not...!" Sungmin laughed and pinched her naughty husband.