Small talks

Lipstick

 

"We had a great time, Sungmin!! Minho is so charming and so gentleman! Now I'm so sad that he will be flying back soon..." Mary said, when she called her on Saturday evening. Mary had spent practically the whole day with Minho to bring him around Gold Coast and to have early dinner with her parents too. 

Mary's parents apparently were fond of Minho and kept asking him to teach them some Korean words! 

"Heyyy babe, don't be sad. You can always keep in touch! And plan to visit Seoul this year!!" Sungmin said giggling softly. She felt good that she has paired off Mary with Minho.

"Yes I'm planning to!! But I'll surely go after you have given birth!!! I can't wait for it!!" Mary said excitedly.

"Which one? You can't wait for me to give birth or to visit Seoul??" Sungmin laughed. She felt at ease now speaking English as compared to the first few months she was here in Gold Coast. 

"Both!!!" Mary laughed too. "Okay Sungmin dear, you have a good rest. See you next week. Good night!"

"See you Mary! Goodnight" Sungmin said happily and off her phone.

Kyuhyun sat next to her after clearing some of his office work. "Who was that?"

Sungmin leaned her head against her husband's shoulder "Mary. She spent the whole day with Minho today" she smile happily.

"Oh yes, Suho was complaining that Minho abandoned them..." Kyuhyun laughed, while putting his arm around her and pulled her more towards his chest.

"I'm glad that I pair them off. Now they like each other and Mary is already planning to visit Minho in Seoul!" Sungmin giggled. 

Kyuhyun laughed "Finally Minho has a girlfriend! He was feeling down because Chwang and Suho both has girlfriends except him!" 

"Yes! I'm happy for everyone!" Sungmin smile. "Ermmm.... by the way, will your secondment in Gold Coast be extended, Kyu?" 

Kyuhyun looked at her head on his chest "Why, you like it here?" Kyuhyun kissed her head. 

"Yeah, I like it here. And I enjoy working at the library. I really don't mind to stay here longer, just that I will surely miss my family" 

"Our parents can always fly here, or we visit them in Seoul...." Kyuhyun smile. "Gold Coast office asked me to extend my secondment actually, so I am suppose to consider and let them know by next month" 

"Really?" 

"Yup. But I need to discuss with my supervisor first in Seoul office. If head office okay with it, then they will arrange for another terms of secondment...."

"Ohhh great then!"

"Are your parents' flight confirmed?" Kyuhyun asked her. 

"Yes, Jin help them to book. Jin can't join them because he just started his internship" 

"Do you think they would want to stay here to look after our twins?" 

Sungmin sat up, to look at him "Do you mean we ask them to stay on long term basis?" 

Kyuhyun nodded his head "I rather we ask our own family to look after our twins rather than send them to childcare centre..." 

"Appa has his company to take care off though" 

"We can just ask, maybe abunim might want to take a long break" 

Sungmin smile "Okay I'll try asking them when they are here. How about your parents? You don't want to ask them too?" 

Kyuhyun chuckled "It's different if you have your own mother, compared to mother-in-law, right?" 

"Hmmm yes, but I really don't mind if your mother takes care of our twins too" 

"I doubt they want. Appa has his school, and omma has the hostel to take care off" 

"Okay. Any plan B?" 

"Hmm?" 

"In case my parents couldn't stay to look after our twins" 

"You quit working....?" Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows. "To take care of our twins full time" 

"Any Plan C... ?" Sungmin laughed. 

"Childcare Centre. But I'm really not in favour of that..." 

Sungmin took a deep breath. Of course she would want to look after their twins, but she also loved her library job... 

"There's a plan D also" Kyuhyun smile sheepishly. 

"Ohhh? What's plan D??" 

"Get a helper..." 

"No.... That will be additional financial burden to you..." 

"Okay okay, we ask your parents first... if they can't, we can think again..." he pulled her closer and kissed her forehead. 

Sungmin smile and nodded. She knew part and parcel of marriage life was, who would take care of the child later on, if both husband and wife were working. 

She would probably just quit working at the library because she shouldn't rely on her parents, because even for her parents, they would find it difficult to look after their twins, at their age. 

Kyuhyun soothed her tummy "I can't wait for our twins arrival! To have them running around, laughing, fighting..." 

"But... If one of them is sick, both will be sick... we must be prepared for that" 

"We'll take care together. Over here, they have paternity leave, so I can take for kids emergency cases" 

"Wow, that's great! The govt really takes care of their citizens!" 

"Yeah! My colleague told me that paternity leave is applicable to any parts of Australia. If you're the baby's father or the mother's partner, you're entitled to 1 or 2 weeks of paternity leave when you and your partner have a baby. You can also take paternity leave when you adopt a child. You have to take paternity leave in a block of 1 or 2 weeks. So for our company, they allow us to take either in blocks or at anytime you need to take if the child is sick". 

"They are really family oriented!"

"Yes, and this paternity leave is paid by the government, not by the company" 

"It's in addition to your annual leave?" 

"Yup. I plan to apply leave before your due date and after you give birth. I want to go through the childbirth with you" 

Sungmin smile at him "Should we just opt for caesarean? I don't think I have the strength to push two babies..." 

"Our twins seemed to be big" he soothed her tummy again. "On one hand, I didn't want the doctors to cut your tummy. But on the other hand, I didn't want you to suffer the pain of childbirth..." 

"Maybe seek our gynae's advice after measuring the twins during the last 2 months" 

"Yes let's do that. One of my colleague told me his wife was in labour for 20 hours! Can you believe it?!!!" 

"Oh my.... I wouldn't want to go through that! I just want to have fast labour and fast delivery! And my colleague, Lynnette said, usually if a woman is carrying more than one baby, chances is that the woman will deliver early. Twins are usually born around 36 weeks -- four weeks earlier than single baby!"

"A month earlier?! Hmm, that means I have to plan to apply paternity leave earlier..." 

"Let's wait for our gynae's advice. So, are ready to be a father?" Sungmin . 

"To be frank, I still can't believe it that I'll be a father soon. It's still surreal, and it's a mixed feelings. I'm happy and worried at the same time!" he took her hand and intertwined with his hand "But whatever it is, being married to you is the best thing that happened in my life" and he kissed her hand. 

"I still can't believe that I'll be a mother soon too. But I'm looking forward to it and I really hope that I will be a good mother, and wife" she smile at him. 

He tilted her face and kissed her. To him, she is still the most beautiful girl in this world and this beautiful girl is his, and would be the mother of his children soon.

They stayed at each other's arms and felt so contented as they always  enjoyed their small talks. Kyuhyun didn't want his wife to cook, so he ordered dinner. 

Once his buddies fly back to Seoul, he would have more time to spend with his wife. He planned to bring her for a road trip to Sydney, just the two of them, just to relax with a bit of sightseeing. Because when her parents were here, they wouldn't have time together again.

So, after dinner, he looked through hotels in Sydney and checked out the highway ruotes to plan their journey to Sydney.