Gold Coast

Lipstick

 

Kyuhyun and Sungmin had checked in their 4 luggages and walked back to where their families and friends were waiting for them to bid their goodbyes.

Sungmin felt overwhelmed that so many of them turned up at Incheon to send them off. Some of her musical friends were there (but thank God Yesung oppa was not there), Ryeowook was there, her family, Kyuhyun buddies and Kyuhyun's family were there too.

Last night was the happiest in her life. After the wedding banquet, Kyuhyun and her waved goodnight to their families and went to their wedding suite. Kyuhyun was so charming and helped her with everything, like folding her wedding evening dress into the bag, kept the wedding head band, undo her hair, and kept her shoes. After they had their showers, he carried her to the bed and made sweet love till morning. They only slept at 5am and woke up at 12.00 noon!

After lunch, they immediately packed, checked out, returned the wedding dress to the boutique and drove straight to the airport, as their family texted them that they  would bring over their luggages.  Ahra would drive Kyuhyun's car back to their home. She was so happy to get to use his car while he was away!

Kyuhyun had warned her "Take good care of my car! I'll come after you if there is any damage when I fly back!"

Ahra just showed her tongue at him and hide behind their mother when Kyuhyun threatened to take back his car key. Though they seemed to be at loggerheads, the two siblings love and care for each other a lot. Kyuhyun let her noona used his car so that she don't have to trouble herself to take the subway and carry her violin to go to her rehearsals.

After tearful farewells with families, Kyuhyun went to his buddies.

"Hyung! don't exit from our group chat and keep in touch okay!" Minho hugged Kyuhyun. 

Soho hugged him next and said "If all is well, we'll see you in December, hyung!"

"Yes, if you back out from the plan, I'll come after you..." Kyuhyun threatened him playfully. 

Changmin hugged him next "All the best in Gold Coast, Kyu! Just let us know if you need any help. Don't worry about your parents, we will drop by your house to see them off and on"

"Thanks Chwang. I appreciate it a lot, thank you!!" and Kyuhyun hugged him again and Changmin patted his back. 

"Text us once you have reached Gold Coast!" Minho told him and waved at Kyuhyun and Sungmin as they walked towards the immigration entrance. 

Both of them waved back and went through the immigration and passport check. Once inside, they waved again and then walked forward to find their boarding gate. 

It was the next morning when they finally reached Gold Coast Airport.  "Welcome to Gold Coast, Min!! We'll rest first in a cafe after we collected our luggage ok, coz I need to call the car rental company" 

"Okayyy! But wow, I can't believe that we are in Gold Coast!!! I'm so excited to be here!!!" Sungmin happily clapped her hands. 

They walked to the immigration counter and Kyuhyun had to seek special clearance for both of them, for long term stay as they would be staying for 2 years. Once all clearance done, they collected their luggage into two trolleys and Kyuhyun led them to a cafe to rest.  Sungmin sat down and yawned. 

Kyuhyun "Still sleepy?" 

"I kept waking up during the flight. You slept like a log.." 

"I was tired after our activities.." he laughed when Sungmin playfully beat him. "Okay I will order coffee and toast. Maybe we pack back some buns?" 

"Yup, that's great" 

Kyuhyun came back with mouth-watering toast and buns, and coffee, and he went back to the counter again to collect their buns to bring home. Kyuhyun told her that he had change Won to Australian dollars, so she don't have to change. She felt bad though, because Kyuhyun has been spending his money for most of their marriage preparations, and now have to bear their expenses in Gold Coast too. Though Kyuhyun's company will pay for their stay here, but daily expenses still have to be paid by them. 

Kyuhyun's company has rented a car for him, so he called the car rental company to confirm the time to collect the car. 

"Okay, the car will be here in 30 minutes, so let's eat first! And I'll be starting my work next Monday, so we have this whole week to settle down and enjoy our honeymoon!" 

Sungmin chuckled "Kyu, I read that the driving here is on the right side. Are you okay with the change?" 

"Yeah, I drove here before whenever I came here for business trip. It should be okay even after my accident. Don't worry about it.  As for you, our home is near to a tram station, so you can take the tram in case you need to go somewhere".

"You allow me to go around on my own?" Sungmin . 

"Why not?! Just let me know first before you go out. And yes, I do trust you" Kyuhyun pinched his wife nose, making Sungmin laughed. 

Their rented car arrived and thankfully, the 2 big luggages could fit in the car boot, and they put other 2 medium luggages at the back seat. 

They reached Broadbeach, and before they stepped into their unit, Kyuhyun surprised his wife by  lifting her up bridal style, and carried her into the house, amidst screaming and laughter from her. 

"Welcome to our home! For two years, at least" Kyuhyun smile. 

"It's nice, Kyu! And quite spacious. On the way here, I saw a beach. It must be near from here, right?" 

"Yes it's near, we can take a walk later. Let's get our luggages in!" 

They brought in their luggages and explored the house. It was a two-storey intermediate unit in a row of houses, and there was a car porch in front of the unit, with an auto gate. And there was small plot of land behind the unit, which Sungmin already plan to plant vegetables, herbs and flowers. 

"Min, I was told that this unit has been cleaned thoroughly, and new bedspread, new towels, new curtains, and new carpet. Only the kitchen utensils are used ones. You okay with that?" Kyuhyun told her as they walked back from the kitchen. 

"Yeah I'm okay, so thoughtful of your company. I'm already feeling like home!" Sungmin said while carrying their big luggage into their bedroom. The smaller luggage were more for books, their wedding picture frame which they did during the photoshoot, and miscellaneous items. 

"So, since we haven't take a bath, and the bedspread is clean, why don't we do some activities first?" Kyuhyun hugged her from behind. 

"Kyu! We still have unpacking to do...!" 

"Later..." and scoop his wife up and carried her to the bed. 

Laughing and trying to escape, Sungmin pushed him away playfully but fail miserably, so she gave up and went along with her husband's demand for intimacy. 

"Sungmin, I love you a lot and a lot! So much and I can't describe it. Thank you for coming into my life and bring me endless happiness!!" and he kissed her again and again. 

"Kyu, did you remember that it was all because of my lipstick? And I still keep that lipstick because it was the start of our beautiful relationship. Yes eventhough there were lots of ups and down, we managed to overcome all these and make our love more stronger. I love you very much, Cho Kyuhyun" Sungmin smiling said and kissed him. 

After a while, Kyuhyun scooped her up to clean themselves and to take a bath together. They managed to unpack 1 luggage before they left their home to take a walk, hand-in-hand. 

It was a beautiful Monday afternoon, but there were not many locals walking around as it was a working day. They walked to Kurrawa Praten Park and followed the signs to the Kurrawa Beach. 

"Wow, this is amazing!! Really a beautiful beach!!!" Sungmin took a deep breath and basked in the fresh sea breeze. 

"We can watch the sunset you know, but it's better at Surfers Paradise! It's more beautiful there. Let's find a place to eat lunch first...? There are a lot of kebabs here, because a lot of Middle East people came here to work. Min, do you want to try kebab?" 

"I heard about it before when I was in Itaewon. Yeah, why not! I want to try!". 

"Great, the one I like is at Sunset Boulevard..." 

"Where is that?" 

"It's at Surfers Paradise area. We can take a tram from here. Let's go!" Kyuhyun pulled her along. 

Sungmin was in awe with everything, as it was the first time she was in Gold Coast. The tram ride was exciting, and Surfers Paradise was awesome! She pulled Kyuhyun into Hard Rock Cafe's Rock Shop, as there were so many designs not available in HRC Seoul. 

Kyuhyun shook his head at his wife excitement "My dearest Min, we can come back here later after our lunch.. Let's go for lunch first.. it's already late. I don't want you to get gastric pain" 

"Ohhh but there are a lot of nice designs! What if the tee-shirts are gone later...?" 

"Of course it will still be here... Come on wifey, let's go.." 

Kyuhyun pulled her out from the Rock Shop. 

"But Kyu... I want to buy.. " Sungmin stopped walking and gave him a sulking looked. 

"Min, don't worry, we will come back here..." he put his arm around her to gently pull her along. 

"Tsk... okayyy..." 

Kyuhyun brought her to Orchid Kebab, at Cavill Lane, and he ordered for her a set of lamb kebab plus drink, for her to try. 

"Ohhh Kyu, this is delicious!!! What meat is this? So tender and fresh!" Sungmin said excitedly and forgot all about the Rock Shop. 

"It's lamb, and 100% from Australian sheep. Their beef and chicken kebabs are nice too, but I love the lamb version. Shall we pack for dinner too?" Kyuhyun asked her, seeing that she enjoyed the food very much. 

"Ohh yes, please!! I love this!!!" Sungmin talked excitedly with full. 

After their late lunch, they walked around the area and then walked towards the beach. Surfers Paradise is so much more awesome and better than Kurrawa beach, just that it's more crowded, even on weekdays. 

They sat down on a bench and watch the sunset. It was lovely and pure bliss to be able to witness the stunning view. Sungmin leaned her head on Kyuhyun's shoulder and in his arm, and felt so happy and contended. She wondered if she could watch the sunset from their new home. 

The day got darker, so Kyuhyun said "Let's go back to the Rock Shop before it closes" and he pulled her up. 

"If it closes, I'm not going to forgive you..." 

Kyuhyun pinched her nose "We can always come here again tomorrow.. !" 

She showed her tongue at him and Kyuhyun chuckled and put his arm around her shoulder. They walked back towards Sunset Boulevard to the Rock Shop. 

But.... it was closed!! Seemed like they close early on weekdays. 

"Oops, die, I'm in deep trouble...!" Kyuhyun told himself. 

He was about to apologise to his lovely wife when he realised that she no longer next to him! 

Sungmin has stomped off because she was angry that the shop has closed!!!

"Sungmin... wait..." Kyuhyun ran after her. He was indeed in deep trouble... !!!