Their life in Broadbeach

Lipstick

 

Kyuhyun started his work the week after they arrived in Gold Coast. Earlier, they had a fantastic week-long honeymoon, and they went to so many places which were all exciting to Sungmin.

She had made breakfast for her husband before he left for work and Kyuhyun had hugged her and kissed her before he finally waved goodbye.

Though sad that he has to be apart from his wife, Kyuhyun was actually looking forward to start his work at Gold Coast office. He enjoyed working here everytime he came here for business trip. The thing about the Australians were, they came to office on time and they left office on time too. 

The labour law is good here and they adhere to the working time strictly. The locals also treasure family time and would normally didn't like to work overtime. Even the shops or supermarket on weekdays would close early. Only on Fridays and weekends, it would open at a longer hours. And those shops or cafe who were still open at night were mostly run by Asians.

Once he reached office, he texted Sungmin to say he has reached office and to remind her to eat her breakfast. He added hearts emoticons and chuckled when Sungmin replied in English "Yes my dear". He walked into the office and was welcome warmly by the staff. 

The local staff knew Kyuhyun and respected him because he was very capable and very hands-on. In their previous projects with him, Kyuhyun was always approachable, ready to listen to their suggestions and he would quickly re-think, re-evaluate, and provided alternative ways if they hit with any road blocks. As such, they were very happy when their Seoul head office announced that Kyuhyun would be the one leading the Australian office project team to build and automate a new system for their client.

Some of them who knew that he just got married, congratulated him and that he should still be in honeymoon mood! He showed them his wedding photos and they were all complementing that he and his wife were a beautiful couple! Some even asked him to bring her to office to introduce her to them, and Kyuhyun said "No, no, I'm not sharing her with all of you!" and they all laughed and shook hands with him again to welcome him onboard. 

 After breakfast, Sungmin login to her laptop to check her emails, and was surprised to see an email from  Broadbeach Library. The head of Public Affairs informed her that they have received her application and requested her to upload a copy of her passport and long-tetm visitor pass. 

"Ohmygod!! Means I have a chance!! Ohh but we don't have a scanner..." Sungmin was stump. Should she ask Kyuhyun? But it was his first day at work. She didn't want to bother him. 

"Let's think, what will Kyu do in this kind of situation?" Sungmin asked herself, and tapped her index finger to her lips. 

"Ohhh! I can just take photos of the documents, and attached them to my email reply!!" Sungmin smile happily. 

So she became busy doing that and she uploaded and attached the photos and replied the email. Since she has to reply in english, she took a while to type and correct her grammar mistakes. She didn't even realise that Kyuhyun texted her several times. 

Kyuhyun wondered what happened because he didn't get any replies from his darling wife. Was she taking a nap? He had wanted to buy lunch for her so she need not have to cook, but she didn't reply. 

They had already registered for Gold Coast mobile numbers with Optus network service provider, so since both their phones have dual SIM, they could still use their current phone. Kyuhyun was using iPhone 12 Pro Max and Sungmin was using Samsung Galaxy Note 10+.  So their Seoul numbers were still available in case their family or friends text them. 

"Aiisshhh, why didn't she see her phone..? I think I better call her, else she would start cooking" he grumbled to himself. 

Sungmin picked up her phone and saw that it was Kyuhyun calling. She smile happily and answered "Kyu! How's your first day at work?" 

"Heyy love. You didn't reply my messages" 

"You message me? Ohhh, hold on" she checked her phone and realised she got 4 messages from Kyuhyun "Ohhh I'm sorry Kyu, I was busy just now. I was taking photos of my passport and our visitor pass, and then uploading the photos to attach them in my email reply! I took a while to reply in English" Sungmin giggled. 

"Which email?" Kyuhyun asked, and then he remembered about the library's application "Ohh you mean the library emailed to you?" 

"Yes!! And asked me to upload my documents. Since we don't have a scanner, I took photos!" 

"Hmmm, my wife is so clever!!" 

"Right?!!!" Sungmin giggled again. She was so proud because her husband praised her! 

"I was thinking to buy lunch for you, so you don't have to cook" 

"Ohh, you coming back for lunch?" Sungmin asked happily. 

"I have a meeting at our client's office at Victoria Avenue, Broadbeach, at 2.30pm, so I thought I might as well go back and have lunch with you, then I go direct to the client's office from our home". 

"Ahhh okay.... Any Japanese food around your office area?" 

"Ermmm, it's nearer to our house actually. It's Kiyomi Japanese restaurant and I tried it the last time I was here with the guys, it was not bad" Kyuhyun said. "Okay then, I'll get our lunch from there"

"Alright. You see if they have rice? Anything with rice is fine with me..."

"Okay, see you later wifey" 

Sungmin giggled "See you later hubby" 

Kyuhyun drove to Kiyomi Japanese Restaurant once he had stepped out for lunch. The restaurant was located at the Lobby level, at The Star Gold Coast, Casino Drive, Broadbeach. 

After looking through the menu, Kyuhyun decided to get spicy tuna with crispy rice and lamb cutlets for Sungmin, and beef rolls and Queensland rolls for himself. He ordered doughnuts and sashimi as well. Kyuhyun was politely asked to take a seat opposite the cashier to wait. While waiting, Kyuhyun looked around "Yeah, now I remember that this is a nice place to dine. I'll bring Sungmin here one day". 

A lady was ordering at the cashier but she seemed to be having difficulties to explain what she wanted. She looked like Chinese, or maybe Korean. Kyuhyun got up and politely asked if she needed any help. 

She looked at him and asked "Are you a Korean?" and when he said yes and bowed slightly, she happily said in Hangeul "Ohh good!, I was trying to ask him if he had seafood kimbap but he said they don't have kimbap". 

"Ohh, I see. The Japanese version is sushi rolls. I think there should be seafood sushi rolls, let me ask him" and Kyuhyun enquired about seafood sushi rolls with the cashier. 

The cashier smile apologetically because now he understood what the lady wanted, and said that they only have tuna sushi rolls, if that was okay with her.  The lady said okay and nodded happily. She bowed and thanked Kyuhyun. 

She paid and walked over to sit next to Kyuhyun. She said "Annyeong, I'm sorry to trouble you just now and thank you very much!" 

"Ahh, it is no trouble at all. I'm Cho Kyuhyun by the way, from Seoul" he offered his hand. 

"I'm Mae Yungju, from Busan, and I'm so used to seafood, that's why" she laughed. 

"You are on tour here?" 

"Yes, but actually my husband and I are sending off my daughter who's starting her university studies at Griffith University, Gold Coast campus. It is our 2nd day here" she smile warmly. 

"Ohhh, wow, how long will you be here? My wife and I just arrived last week. I'm on a 2 years attachment at our Gold Coast office so we have an apartment, if you and your family wanted to drop by anytime?" 

"That would be great! We'll be here for 2 weeks until my daughter settled in her hostel, then we will fly off. I am not good in English at all so I'm so happy to meet fellow Koreans!! I would love to drop by!!" 

"Great, just let me know in advance! Let me give you my number" and Kyuhyun took out his business card which he had just gotten from his Gold Coast office just now, and wrote his mobile number at the back, as it only has his office desk number. "Here, text me if you and family would like to come over, and I will give you our address" he gave his card to her. 

"Wonderful!! Okay, I will let you know!" Mrs Mae said, and at the same time, Kyuhyun's food was ready, so he got up and took his food. He bowed slightly and waved goodbye to her. 

After Kyuhyun had left, Mrs Mae looked at Kyuhyun's business card "Wow, Project Coordinator and System Analyst! So young and handsome!. Too bad he's married. Else I can match him with my daughter". 

Then she added "Ohh but who cares if he's married. He is a good catch. I'll bring my daughter along to his house and get my daughter to be acquainted with him!!" Mrs Mae nodded and smile. Once her food were ready, she took it and left, and still smiling thinking how to match her daughter with Kyuhyun.