Daughter-in-law material

Lipstick

Sungmin was happy that her cupcakes turned out well. She had finished decorating it and put them all in her fridge. She would keep some for her own family who would be coming home late tonight. She cleaned up her kitchen and texted her brother to say that she has appointment tonight in case they reached home earlier and she wasn't at home.

She got ready and then texted Kyuhyun that he could come over anytime. To her surprise, Kyuhyun replied "I'm already outside!"

She ran to her door and opened it "Kyu!!! Come in first. I still need to put the cupcakes into a box"

"No problem. But first..." he reached out to hug Sungmin and then gave her a peck on her lips. "and, can I try one cupcake??" he asked sheepishly.

"Of course. Help me put them in boxes, then you can have one" Sungmin said smiling. "I got 2 boxes of six slots, so it will be 6 cupcakes per box. And... This is yours!!!" Sungmin passed him a very cute looking cupcake with a soccer ball on top. 

"Wow, let me take a photo!!! I'm going to make the guys jealous!!" Kyuhyun laughed and took out his phone to snap a photo. He share it in his Whatsapp group for his soccer buddies!

His phone keep beeping but he ignored it and ate his delicious cupcake. The soccer ball was a chocolate and the whole effect was awesome. The cupcake was not too sweet, and the cake texture was just nice! 

"Sungmin, this is really delicious!!! Beware, Ahra noona would finished 3/4 of these!!!" 

"Really? She would like it?" 

"She adores desert kind of food!! And after she ate one of these, I can bet she would take the whole box!" 

"then should I bring more?" 

"No, let her crave for more!!"  Kyuhyun laughed. "Seriously Min, don't. Let her learn how to appreciate and to share"

"Okayyyy then. I go up to freshen up, get a paperbag to pack these boxes, then we can go ok. You can look around the house, Kyu. Our house is small, though, nothing much to see..." 

"Your house is very cosy and neat. I like it" Kyuhyun smiled at her. 

"Be right back" and Sungmin ran upstairs presumably to her room. Kyuhyun walked towards her living room and gazed around at their family photos. He chuckled because Sungmin was chubby and cute when she was young. He snapped a photo where it showed chubby Sungmin in her snow white costume. Wow, she must already be fan of musical since she was young! 

He sat down on her sofa and read his WhatsApp messages from his buddies. 

"Ohmygod Kyu, she made that for you????? How about us???" that was from Suho. 

"Keep some for us, you brat!!" Changmin's message was next. 

"How does it taste, tell us tell us!!" Minho added. 

"Brat Kyu must be having too much fun eating that cupcake, he totally forgot about us! #@%¢¿§" Changmin was cursing in words! 

"Kyu????" Suho put so many question marks.. 

Kyuhyun typed in his reply "The cupcake was like made in heaven!! The best cupcake I've ever eaten!! Yummzzz". He actually having fun making them jealous.. 

"Ohmygod, he replied!" Minho put in clapping emoticon icons. 

"So are you back on earth??" Changmin put an angry face. 

"Of course!! Hmm maybe I get Sungmin to make some cupcakes for you one day" Kyuhyun added smiling emoticons. 

"Yay!!!!" Suho added clapping hands. 

"OK guys, I have to go. Bringing Sungmin home for dinner with my family" Kyuhyun put lots of smiling emotions.

"Wow daebak Kyu!! Alright, tell us about it later ok!! Have a great dinner, man!!" Changmin gave him 2 thumbs up!! 

Just in time, Sungmin came down and packed the two boxes into a paperbag. Kyuhyun took over the paperbag while she took her handbag and shoes. 

While driving, Kyuhyun asked Sungmin "I'll send you to the airport later to pick up your family" 

"No need, Kyu, I texted my brother to tell him that I have appointment, so they will travel home themselves" 

"It would be late by then. Text him that you'll be there at the airport. I'll send you. Is it too soon to introduce me to your family?" 

"Hmmm. Okayy. Well, if you don't mind it, I'm really ok to introduce you to them".

"I do want to get to know them"

"Kyu, you are really serious about us?" Sungmin asked. 

"Yes I am. Why, do you have somebody else in mind?" 

Sungmin chuckled "No, I only have you" 

"Then it's settled" Kyuhyun smiled. 

Once at the Cho residence, Ahra was so thrilled to see the cupcakes that she immediately tried one. Her face told everything. It was the most yummiest cupcakes that she ever tried!! Before she could take another one, Kyuhyun took the 2 boxes, showed his tongue at her, and kept them in the fridge. 

"Omma, looked at Kyuhyunnie, he didn't allow me to eat Sungmin's cupcakes!!!" Ahra started nagging. 

"It's for dinner, Ahra"

"Tsk..." Ahra stompped her feet and went into their living room. 

"Sungmin dear, thank you very much for the cupcakes. From the look of it, I am sure it is delicious!" 

"It is Omma. I ate one at Sungmin's home" Kyuhyun told his mother. 

"You are most welcome, Mrs Cho. Let me help you with your cooking"  Sungmin washed her hand and started helping Mrs Cho. 

Kyuhyun smiled happily and sat with Ahra in the living room, watching Jumanji. 

"You can eat more cupcakes later ok" Kyuhyun nudged his sister. 

"It's really very nice!!  She can baked really well!! Well done Kyu, you got a really pretty and talented girlfriend!" 

"Wow, first time you ever praise me!" 

"I'm a good sister you know" 

"Yeah yeah" 

Dinner was ready about two hours later. Kyuhyun came down after his shower and wanted to help to set the dinner table. When he saw Sungmin in apron, he felt proud that his mother could get along with Sungmin and allowed her to help. Normally, she would prefer to cook alone. 

"Min, I put your bag in my room. You can use it to freshen up or use the bathroom. It the first room upstairs on the left".

"Ohh ok. Thanks, Kyu"

"Sungmin, go on, you can rest or freshen up in Kyu's room first. Let us set the dinner table" Mrs Cho told Sungmin. 

"And I make sure Kyuhyun stays downstairs" Ahra told Sungmin, dodging in time for the flying napkin from Kyuhyun. 

"Alright, thank you" Sungmin smiled shyly and went upstairs. Kyuhyun's room was very neat and smelled Kyuhyun. She found her bag on the study table, and saw his photos. There was a photo with his soccer buddies, a photo during his graduation, and, ohhh?  her photo!! She was surprised that Kyuhyun added her photo onto his study table. She felt happy that Kyuhyun was indeed really serious about their relationship. 

She used his bathroom, and again, she smelled Kyuhyun. She loved it, it made her feel like Kyuhyun was there with her now. She smiled happily and could even see her happy face in the mirror. So this was how it felt to be in love!! She felt giddy inside and blushed because of happiness. She removed her pressed powder and her lipstick from her cosmetic pouch to freshen up. She put them on his glass ledge above his sink while she washed her face. 

Sungmin went down and saw that the dinner table was ready. She was asked to sit next to Kyuhyun and they started the dinner with a prayer done by Mr Cho. 

Dinner went well, though noisy. Ahra and Mr Cho kept asking questions about her interest and her musical until Mrs Cho told them to let Sungmin eat. Sungmin laughed and told her it was alright. 

"Sungmin dear, do you learn your baking from your mother? She must be good at it too"  Mrs Cho asked during desert. Other than the cupcakes, they have mango mousse and cut fruits. 

"Yes, from eomeoni. She has a cafe and during her free time, she would show me how to cook or bake and then she would asked me to try myself"

"Oh really?  That's good. Ahra, you should spare some time to learn from me too" Mrs Cho told her daughter. 

"Ahhh omma, I don't want to burn your kitchen again..." and she made a face that made everybody laughed. 

"Omma, Sungmin's family is flying back tonight from their 3 weeks vacation. I will send Sungmin to the airport later to fetch them" Kyuhyun told his mother. 

"Ohh alright. Should we packed some food for them? They might be hungry" Mrs Cho asked Sungmin. 

"No need, Mrs Cho. They have meals on board, and I kept some cupcakes for them" Sungmin smiled at her. 

Mrs Cho smiled at Sungmin. She liked Sungmin and has told her husband that she approved Kyuhyun's choice, and would want her as their daughter-in-law. She wanted to meet Sungmin's parents and to praise her mother that she has brought up Sungmin well. 

Sungmin bid the Chos farewell and thanked them for the wonderful dinner. Mrs Cho hugged Sungmin and told her to send her regards to her parents. 

Once they had reached Incheon Airport, Kyuhyun and Sungmin waited outside the baggage area for Sungmin's family. 

"Min, I'm glad that my family likes you, especially my mum. I hope you find them ok too" 

"They are more than ok! I never felt like a guest, in fact I feel like I'm part of the family. And Kyu, I feel so happy that you display my photo on your study table. I feel like we are truly a couple" 

"We are a couple, coz I'm really serious about us" 

Sungmin smiled happily. But before she could say anything, somebody shout her name. 

"Sungminnie!!!" 

Sungmin turned and then happily waved at her mother. Her mother came forward and they hugged. Then her father and brother came out, pushing a trolley of luggages. 

"Omma, appa, Jin, this is  Cho Kyuhyun. Kyu, these are my parents, and my brother, Sungjin" 

"Nice to meet you" Kyuhyun bowed politely at their surprise faces. 

"Sungminnie, who is he?" her mother asked softly. 

"Mrs Lee, pardon my rudeness, I'm Sungmin's boyfriend"

"Really? Wow noona, we are gone for 3 weeks and you managed to get a boyfriend!" Sungjin teased his sister. 

"Jin, don't be rude. Kyuhyun-ssi, my forgive my son. It's just that Sungminnie never had time to find a boyfriend because she always running around attending her musicals. We are just surprised, that's all" Mr Lee said to Kyuhyun. 

"Mr Lee, just call me Kyuhyun", and he added "Mrs Lee, my mother send her regards to you. Sungmin was at my home just now, having dinner with my family" 

"Really?  that's wonderful!!  Send my regards to your mother too, Kyuhyun" Mrs Lee said, and added "Oh Sungminnie, you must tell me all about it!!" Mrs Lee teased Sungmin. 

"Omma, later not here..." Sungmin looked down shyly. 

"Let's go to my car? I will send you all back" Kyuhyun told the rest. 

"Hyung, is your boot big enough? We got 3 luggages" Sungjin asked Kyuhyun. 

"Yes my car boot is big. I think should be able to fit all" Kyuhyun looked at the luggages and nodded his head. 

He led them to his car, and he breathed a sigh of relief when all 3 luggages could fit! 

On the way to the Lee residence, Mr Lee asked Kyuhyun what he worked as, and where was his office. 

"Appa, are you interrogating him? I will tell you whatever you want to know".. Sungmin told her father. 

"It's alright, Min. Don't worry about it" Kyuhyun smiled and assured Sungmin. 

It was an hour later after Kyuhyun had sent them home and he himself has reached his home. As he went into his bathroom, something he saw made him smile, and he suddenly missed Sungmin so much. 

It was her lipstick on his glass ledge above his sink. She must have forgotten to take it.