Sleeping Beauty

Lipstick

 

"A witch curses a newborn princess to die on her 16th birthday. However, a fairy alters the curse, allowing the princess to survive by going into a deep sleep that can be broken by true love's kiss..." Sungmin started her story to the ever-eager kids, who loved to gather around the story-telling corner every Wednesdays. 

When Sungmin walked over to the other corner, she gently pulled a divider, thus revealing Mary, as the Princess, lying on a make-shift bench. The kids applaused excitedly and Sungmin continued her story.

"Princess Aurora falls into a deep sleep for 100 years, after she pricks her finger on the spindle..." Sungmin continued telling the kids how the Princess saw the spindle and touched it, which unknown to everyone, there was one spindle in a dungeon which was not burnt away. 

Sungmin continued again, now standing near Lynnette, next to a tall potted plant "A handsome Prince, by the name of Prince Philip, went hunting one day and accidentally walked into the forest area where Princess Aurora was sleeping..." and she slowly moved away and Lynnette helped to pull the tall potted plant away, revealing Minho, who walked in looking so handsome, that the female kids cheered loudly and some even were seen drooling over him. 

Minho himself has been reading Sleeping Beauty in English just to do this snippet for Sungmin. He has also rehearsed his lines together with Mary when they met for lunch 3 hours earlier. 

When Minho reached the library, Mary instantly recognised him and waved and she excitedly introduced him to Lynnette and other library staff, who equally drool over his good looks and good height. They all giggled excitedly when Minho kept bowing and waved at them when Mary pulled him away to go for their lunch. 

To Mary, Minho was the most charming guy that she had ever met! Maybe it was because of the Korean culture, but Mary found him to be so different than Australian guys. Minho was so gentleman, so well-mannered, and so charming that she was sure she has fallen 200% in love with him!! 

Minho, on the other hand, loved Mary's cheerfulness, her never-ending chatters and her cute laugh. "Mary, during your long break, why not you come over to visit Seoul? I can bring you around, and I can introduce you to my parents too" Minho told her, smiling widely.  "I mean, I want to tell them that you are the one that I met in Gold Coast and that you are Sungmin's friend. Of course, if you don't mind, I want to introduce you as my girlfriend too...." 

Mary closed because she was so happy. Minho planned to introduced her as his girlfriend, to his parents!!!! Dreamily, she said "Minho, yes I do want to visit Seoul and meet your parents. And I want to introduce you to my parents too, before you fly off...." and they talked excitedly, and discussed a date where Minho has no sight-seeing plan, to visit Mary's parents. 

After their lunch, they went back to the library and met Sungmin, who just arrived at that time. During rehearsals, Minho kept telling Sungmin to sit, and not to walk around too much, earning wide grins from Mary, because to her, Minho was really a 100% husband material!! 

Back to the play, Sungmin continued her story and all the kids kept cheering loudly especially when Prince Philip sat down and stared at the beautiful sleeping Princess.

They clapped their hands and cheered louder when Prince Philip bent down to  kiss the Princess, until Lynnette has to quieten them down. It was such a successful play that even the Library's Director came out to watch the play and clapped along with the kids.

He gave Sungmin a thumbs up and Lynnette patted Sungmin's shoulder excitedly when Sungmin sat down to continue with her story.

So when Princess Aurora opened her eyes and slowly woke up, there were loud cheers again from the kids. Seeing a handsome Prince who managed to break her curse, Princess Aurora was so happy and immediately hugged the Prince, who happily hugged her back! 

They kept hugging until Sungmin has to 'break them away' by continuing the story and inform the kids that, because of the kiss, the curse has been broken and everything in the kingdom began to come back alive.

Prince Philip kissed Princess Aurora again, with loud cheers from the kids, and he gently pulled her up and supported her to stand, and they stared at each other's eyes lovingly. Sungmin wanted to laugh looking at these two lovebirds, but she calmed herself down and continued withher story. Earlier, she has signalled Lynnette to take photos and Lynnette has been capturing all these lovey-dovey moments!! 

The story ended with the Prince and Princess walked hand-in-hand towards the Kingdom, which of course the background area where Lynnette had projected a castle picture from a projector, and then  Minho, Mary, Sungmin and Lynnette came forward to bow to the kids, as the story has ended. 

Sungmin happily introduced Minho to the kids, saying that he was her husband's closed friend from Seoul, and the kids cheered loudly for him, and eagerly got up to shook hands with him! Some even pulled their mothers to ask them to take their photos with Minho.

The whole story-telling session last later than usual due to the photo session with Minho. 

Lynnette invited Minho to join them for a tea-break and Mary happily pulled him along to their pantry. Minho noticed that Sungmin looked tired, so he quickly got her to sit and took a warm drink and biscuits for her. He insisted to take biscuits for Mary too, making Mary giggled happily. 

"Ohmygod Sungmin, he is such a husband material!!" Mary said excitedly to Sungmin when Minho was taking some more biscuits while answering a phone call. 

Sungmin nudged her not to talked so loud and they laughed together. Minho was so charming that even Lynnette praised him openly. 

"Sungminnie, Kyuhyun-hyung asked you to return his call. He said you didn't pick up, so he got worried! I told him we were all doing the play..." he laughed, sitting next to Mary. 

Sungmin rolled her eyes. "He is like that, Minho. Minimum 10 calls" 

Mary "He's always worried about you, Sungmin!! Kyuhyun is such an adorable guy and a loving husband!!" 

"He loves you to the moon and back" Minho said smiling, using the phrase he read before to describe a person's everlasting love. 

"Wow, you know how to said that in English?!!" Sungmin in Korean. And Minho laughed out loud. 

"What what? Share your jokes..." Mary asked them. 

"I because he could say that phrase in English..!" Sungmin giggled. 

"Ohhhh haha..." Mary laughed too, half wondering whether Minho would love her like that too. 

"Okay Mary and Sungmin, I've sent the photos and videos to your phones. You take a look? Tomorrow I'll select and upload them to our webpage" Lynnette told them happily. 

"Thanks Lynnette" both Mary and Sungmin said together. 

"Okay, Sungmin and Minho, I go out first? I'll be at the counter" Mary smile and waved at them. 

"See you" Minho waved back, smiling at her.

"By the way Minho, you stay here until Kyuhyun comes, okay? We can go for dinner with the rest" Sungmin told him as they left the pantry area and Minho accompanied her to the book shelves. 

"I don't mind. I can help you with the books. I'll tell the guys to get ready, else they laze at the beach till sunset" Minho chuckled and shook his head. Seriously, the guys could laze on the beach whole day!! While texting them, he looked up to Sungmin "Ohh... can you send me the photos too? I have the pocket WiFi with me" he smile. 

"Okay sending now..." Sungmin smile while forwarding the photos and videos to him. "You all rented 2 pocket WiFi?" she asked. 

"Yeah because Changmin-hyung needs to do some work at night, so he hold one, and I hold one" he told her. 

"He's as workaholic as Kyu" Sungmin smile, bending to arrange some books at the lower shelves, while unconsciously soothing her tummy. 

Minho noticed this and looked around for a chair with wheels. He saw there was one nearby, and he went over to fetch it "Sit down, it's bad for your back and tummy" 

Sungmin chuckled "And you, are as caring as Kyu" she laughed and thanked him. Why she never thought of using a chair like this? She could move around freely within the shelves. 

Minho laughed too, and looked down to his left, because a kid was tugging at his jeans. She was a small girl, cutely looking up at Minho. 

"Uncle, will you read this story for me...?" she raised one hand to pass him a book. It was Hansel and Gratel. 

Minho looked at Sungmin and chuckled "Sure, let's read together" he said in English, smiling at the kid. He pulled a chair and put the cute little girl on his lap and placed the book in front of them. He started reading it, and the funny thing was, the  little girl could actually read better than him!, Sungmin giggled looking at them and noticed that Mary was looking at their direction. 

She texted Mary "Husband and father material!!!" and she added a thumbs up emoticon. 

Mary read her text, and looking at Sungmin, she laughed, and texted back "My thoughts exactly!! LOL!" 

It was actually fun having Minho around, and after that cute little girl, another girl wanted him to read to her too and climbed onto his lap! Minho laughed but started reading too. 

Sungmin had called Kyuhyun earlier about going for dinner with his buddies tonight, so Kyuhyun had made reservations at the Japanese restaurant that they usually frequented, at Broadbeach. Kyuhyun saw that Minho had already informed the guys in their group chat, so Kyuhyun told them to take a tram from Cavill Avenue Station to Broadbeach Station, and he would meet them there to bring them to the restaurant. 

They had a fun time at Murasaki Teppanyaki. While the chef cooked their meals, Sungmin told them about the play, especially the kissing part, and that Minho was so popular that even little girls queued up to sit in his lap! The guys started laughing and teased Minho and he has to literally closed Sungmin's mouth with his hand so that she stopped talking!! 

Minho then showed them the photos and videos, and they again for his role as the Prince! 

Throughout the dinner, Sungmin felt like a queen because she sat in-between Kyuhyun and Minho, and both of them kept ensuring that she was comfortable and kept taking food for her! 

She was happy that her husband seemed to be more relax with his buddies around. He has been working hard eversince he started working in Gold Coast. At least now he gets to enjoy their company, instead of always worrying about her. 

Her parents would be visiting them next. Sungmin was looking forward to it because she missed her mother very much. 

Life in Gold Coast were getting better!