The performance invitation

Lipstick

Sungmin was talking excitedly about her final musical while eating her food. The two of them went for dinner after the wine session and they decided to just go to a nearby cafe near Gwanghwamun gate.

Kyuhyun smile while listening to her but then his mind wandered to what Yesung-ssi said "May the best man wins". He was still pissed off with him eventhough he knew Sungmin's heart was only meant for him.

"Kyu, are you listening to me?"

"Huhh? I'm so sorry. What was it again?"

"I was saying, our director mentioned that a Kyoto Musical company has expressed interest to invite us to perform in Kyoto. But he said it's not finalised yet"

"Wow, that's great isn't it? But I will miss you if you are there".

"Precisely, I was also saying whether you can go there with me. But I know that you are busy, so I'm not sure whether you can apply leave".

"I would love to, but I need to see my project schedule. Do you roughly know when it will be? And wouldn't it clash with your next musical, what is it again? Oh yes, Jack The Ripper"

"I heard it's 2 weeks from now. Jack The Ripper is 2 months from now, and it's the rehearsal. The actual musical is 3 months from now, so it should be ok". 

"Hmm, I see. That's great then. But Min, let me check my schedule first alright?" 

"Sure. But Kyu, if you are busy, I understand, don't worry about it". 

"If I go, I will book a room in the same hotel as yours so that it's easier for us to meet" 

"Oh yes, you can't be staying with me in my room, right" Sungmin chuckled. 

"I wish I can, and I would love to, but yes, we can't. We are not married yet". 

Though Kyuhyun regarded himself as open minded, he still uphold his belief that couple shouldn't sleep together until they are married. He respected Sungmin and would not do anything to outrage her modesty. 

Holding hands while strolling around Gwanghwamun gate to walk back to the Sejong Centre's carpark, Sungmin turned to Kyuhyun, "Kyu, thank you" 

"For...?" Kyuhyun raise his eyebrows. 

"For not taking advantage to stay with me. That means you respect me as a woman. Eventhough we love each other, you do know when to cross the line and when not to cross the line". 

Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin and hugged her "Min, I love you too much to take advantage of you. I can have you when we get married so we should wait till we are officially married to sleep together. It's more proper that way". 

Sungmin hugged him and put her head on his chest "I love you Kyu". 

A few days later, Sungmin's director gathered everybody for lunch and told them the good news that it is confirm that they would stage their musical in Kyoto!! He asked them to submit their passport details and that he would arrange for their room sharing too. 

"Errr PD-nim, if I want to bring my boyfriend along, can he book a room near to ours?" Sungmin asked him. 

"Ermmmm sure he can, or do you want to share a room with him?" he asked jokingly and all the ladies cheered and teased Sungmin. 

"Sungminnie, he can share the room with me" Yesung suddenly said, smiling at her. 

"Ahhh, thank you for your suggestion Yesung oppa, but I think it's best if he book his own room" Sungmin chuckled as she knew her boyfriend wouldn't want to share a room with Yesung. 

Sungmin texted Kyuhyun about the confirmation on the Kyoto musical date, so that her boyfriend could check whether he could go. 

Kyuhyun looked at his project's Gantt chart schedule and sighed. It definitely clashed with Sungmin's Kyoto performance. Both his work and Sungmin are equally important to him and he really wanted to be there for her. He decided to ask his buddies in case they have better options. He started chatting in his buddies group chat. 

"Hi guys. I have a situation here and thought of sharing with you in case you could think of some options for me" Kyuhyun started. 

"Heyyy Kyu!! What situation? Girlfriend problem?" Changmin wrote. 

"If she's angry with you, just give her flowers...!" Suho wrote with a few roses emoticons. 

"Heyyy Kyu, what's up?" Minho wrote. 

"Sungmin's musical cast was invited to Kyoto to perform on the Monday after next, and she asked me if I can go with her" Kyuhyun started to explain. 

"Wow, that's great. Not many musical performances got invitation to perform overseas!!" Minho put in some clappings emoticon. 

"Yeah, and Kyoto! The Japanese have high standards,  so that means Sungmin-ssi musical is up to their standard to get invitation like that!" Suho put in thumbs up emoticon. 

"Yes, Kyu, congratulations to their musicals. So what is the problem? You can't go?" Changmin asked. 

"Yes it clashed with my project schedule. I can ask my team to complete, but it's not fair to them as they have their own parts to complete" Kyuhyun replied and sighed again. 

"Bring your laptop there and do your work from there. You can have conference call from there too if you need to discuss something with your team" Changmin suggested. 

"Yah yah but he's supposed to be there for her, but if he bring his work, it will be no difference if he's there or here" Suho texted. 

"Hmmm, unless he stops at 5pm or something, and give his attention to Sungmin-ssi after that. Kyu, you need to plan how much time you can work, and when to be with her" Minho texted his opinion. 

"True. During the day, I'm sure they have rehearsal, right? So you stay in your room to do your work, con-call whatever, and like what Minho said, stop your work and go watch Sungmin's performance in the evening. Some parts of your work maybe you can get your team to follow-up and complete it, at least you do most of your part from there" Changmin suggested. 

"It sounds workable, thank you guys. I need to discuss with my Manager. I hope it can work out" Kyuhyun replied back. He was definitely thankful to his buddies for thinking of a solution for him. 

"Heyyy, how about we all go to Kyoto?? We can work from Kyu's room!" Suho put in three light bulbs. 

"Shut up Suho. You can't even apply leave last week when I ask you to go to Bruno Mars concert with me" Minho ranted at him. 

"Ohh yeah, I have my project to finish too" Suho put a few sad faces. 

"You should have ask me, Minho. I just need to come up with some excuses with my dad and disappear from office. Haha" Changmin put a laughing emoticon. 

"You are busy too, Chwang, I know you can't spare the time!!" Kyuhyun chipped in. "Anyway guys, thank you for the suggestion. I go and talk to my manager now". 

"No problem Kyu!! Fighting!!" Minho replied with a muscle arm emoticon. 

"All the best Kyu!!" Suho replied with few thumbs up emoticon. 

"Go for it, man!!" Changmin ended their chat. 

Kyuhyun smile and close his phone cover. He got up and walked out from his room to find his manager. 

It was late at night, while driving, Kyuhyun has time to call Sungmin, on his speaker phone. 

"Kyu!!! Oh, sounds like you are driving. Just finish your work?" Sungmin asked. 

"Yeah, I just finish discussing with my manager and he wanted to see the progress of my project, so I have to show him what has been done and how much more to finish"

"I bet you haven't had your dinner" 

"No, you want to cook for me?" Kyuhyun chuckled jokingly. 

"Come over" 

"Min, I was just joking" 

"I'm serious. We have some spare spaghetti and I can just cook some soup for you" 

"It nearly 10 at night. Not so nice if I drop by at this hour" 

"We just had our late dinner actually. My parents came home late after visiting a family friend, and Sungjin and I weren't that hungry, so I cooked spaghetti and we waited for them to come home" 

"I see, ok then, I can be there in 15 minutes" 

"Great! I cook your soup now. See you Kyu!" 

Dinner, or it should be supper actually, was great. The soup was delicious and the spaghetti was yummy. Sungmin made him a mug of hot tea and after he finished his dinner, he thanked Sungmin and brought his mug of hot tea to the living room. Mr and Mrs Lee bid goodnight to him after talking for a while, and Sungjin ran up to his room to continue his game. 

Sungmin joined him in the living room after she had washed his plate and bowl. She brought her own mug of hot chocolate and sat next to Kyuhyun. 

"Kyu, I have the Kyoto performance details, our flight and hotel room. Wait, let me forward to you" Sungmin took her phone and sent the details to Kyuhyun, and added "But really Kyu, if you are busy, I understand. You don't have to go with me" Sungmin said honestly. 

Kyuhyun turned his body to face her, and took her hands in his. "I was discussing with my manager on this issue actually. Wait, let me explain" Kyuhyun said when Sungmin wanted to interrupt. He knew Sungmin will understand if he couldn't go, but he wouldn't want to disappoint her. 

"My proposal to him was, I bring my laptop to Kyoto and work from there, and work with my team on those areas that I cannot do from there. So during the day, I will be in my room, and I will stop work in the evening, to watch your musical and then we can go for dinner together. We can walk around Kyoto too". 

"Kyu, I am not selfish and I don't demand that you go with me. Really, if you are busy, don't go. I know your work is very important too". 

"But I want to go. I want to be there for you and spend some time with you. I was thinking if we can extend about 3 more days till the weekend so that we can tour around Kyoto, just the two of us". 

"Oh that's a great idea, but I will need to check out and book another room".

"Stay in my room?" 

"But you said...." 

"I can sleep on the couch. Don't worry I sleep like a log, I won't disturb you" Kyuhyun smile. He actually has a doubt whether he could keep his hands away from her if she stayed with him. Surely his hands wanted to hold her all night!!! 

"Well, it's a good idea and we can save some money. I will inform my PD not to book a return flight for me then, or maybe he just need to extend my return flight to be on Sunday instead" Sungmin said, while wondering whether she could keep herself away from her boyfriend if she stayed with him, because surely she wanted to be in his arms all night! 

"Ok, then, so that will be the plan. While you are away for rehearsals during the day, I will finish up my work in my room. I will go with you for breakfast in the morning though, and then in the evening, watch your musical" Kyuhyun smile at her. He was happy that he could work out something for both his work and for Sungmin, all thanks to his buddies' suggestion. 

"Oh yes, you know Kyu, while our cast were discussing on room arrangements with our director just now, I asked him whether you could book a room near us. Then Yesung oppa suggested that you share a room with him!! I was laughing to myself because I couldn't imagine you sharing the room with him!"

"What??? No way!!!" 

Sungmin laughed. She knew her boyfriend would say that! "I knew you will say that! Haha. But seriously Kyu, I am so thankful that you go to such length to work out something in order to be there for me. Thank you, and I love you very much!" Sungmin smile lovingly at him. 

Kyuhyun pulled her into his arms. "I love you too. I will book my flight and hotel room tomorrow and we will be all set to go!" 

"And I better inform my director that I will extend my stay. I will inform my family too. I can't wait to go to Kyoto!" Sungmin said excitedly.

"Ok I better go so that you can rest. We meet on Sunday? We can go for lunch and a movie". 

"Okay" Sungmin nodded and got up to accompany Kyuhyun to the door. They hugged and kissed briefly and after kissing her lips again and her forehead, he waved goodbye and left. 

Sungmin jumped for joy because Kyuhyun would be going to Kyoto with her. She promised herself that she would not demand his time when he do his work, knowing very well that his work is important to him, but nevertheless, she was still happy that he would be there for her.