Interesting places along the highway

Lipstick

 

They cancelled the trip to the waterfall because it was still raining after their breakfast.

Back in their room, Kyuhyun told his wife his plan. "We'll drive to Port Macquire, have our lunch there and go a bit of sightseeing, and then we can drive again".

"What's there at Port Macquire?" Sungmin sat on the bed, folding their sweaters.

"Mmmmm... we can go to the Tacking Point Light House, and visit to the Koala Bear Hospital" Kyuhyun smile. There were a lot more activities but it was not safe for his pregnant wife.

"Sounds interesting! Okay then, but if it rains, after lunch, maybe you can just continue driving, it's okay we don't have to go sightseeing" Sungmin smile at him.

"Alright we see how. Let's pack and checkout" Kyuhyun said, kissed her forehead, and helped her to pack.

They did an early checkout around 9.30am, bought some pastries and buns at a cafe, and started heading to Port Macquire. 

Sungmin fell asleep after busy taking photos of the yatch and beautiful houses, as well as photos of Kyuhyun, who was so handsome with sunglasses. 

"Min, eat some pastries, else you'll get hungry" he told her, while still concentrating on the highway. He planned to do a stopover at the next rest area, to topup petrol and toilet break. He glanced at her since she was quiet, and chuckled because she was asleep! "Aishhh, maybe at the rest area, I'll wake her up" he told himself. 

After he exit from the highway, he top up petrol first before finding a parking lot at the rest area. "Min, wake up, let's go in to have a break" he gently shook her and unbuckled her seat belt. He soothed her tummy and pecked her lips. 

"Mmmm?" Sungmin opened her eyes but looked confused. "Where are we... ?" 

"Halfway before Port Macquire, at a rest area. Do you want to go to the washroom? And you need to munch something..." Kyuhyun smile. 

"Ohhh okayy. Sorry I fell asleep..." 

"It's okay love. Come, let's go..." Kyuhyun said and got out of his car, and went over to help his wife. The rest area have a mini mart, cafe, indoor playground, toilets and a bookshop. 

After the rest area, Kyuhyun drove straight to Port Macquire and they checked in to El Paso Motor Inn, to stay for the night. El Paso provides free private parking, free WiFi, air-conditioned rooms, large TV screen, and a private balcony overlooking the pool area.

The El Cafe serves breakfast daily and contemporary Australian cuisine for dinner. Guest could also enjoy al fresco dining in the BBQ area.

After they had put their luggage in their room, Kyuhyun drove to Tacking Point Light House. There was a car park next to it but to go up to the lighthouse base area, there were still a number of steps, but thankfully not too many steps. Kyuhyun put on sweater for Sungmin as it was very windy, and intertwined their hands to climb up to the lighthouse. 

Built in 1879 by NSW architect James Barnet, Tacking Point Lighthouse is the thirteenth oldest lighthouse in Australia. The lighthouse sits atop a rocky headland which offers stunning panoramic views along Australia’s Mid-North Coast.

"This place is so lovely, Kyu!! Look at that coast!! Such a nice view!!" Sungmin pointed towards her left. 

"Yes, it's nice, isn't it? Over there, there's a seven kilometres stretch of sand and is also a popular destination for camel safari ride. Maybe after our kids are bigger, we can try the camel ride" Kyuhyun smile warmly at her, hugging her waist from behind. 

"Ohh wow, camel ride? We can't try now?" 

"No, not safe for you..." Kyuhyun pulled her nearer.  "We'll come back here again after the twins are about 2 years old, provided you are not pregnant again by then..." 

"I think we should just stop after the twins. Two is enough!" 

"No! I want another kid" Kyuhyun laughed and kissed her cheek and laughed again when Sungmin rolled her eyes. 

They took some more photos and left the light house as it was getting colder. 

Next, Kyuhyun drove them to Port Macquire Koala Hospital. The Koala Hospital is in the grounds of the historic and beautiful Roto House. It is the world's first hospital dedicated solely to the care and conservation of koalas. The hospital has a treatment room, eight Intensive Care Units, a 24 Hour Rescue operation and multiple recovery yards.

Together with some other tourists, they were brought around to see the facilities, and to see how Koalas were treated through a see through glass screen. 

"Ommo, they are so cute!! They cuddle the nurse like a baby..." Sungmin was saying and wanted to take a photo.

"Min, wait, don't take a photo. I think it's not allowed" Kyuhyun stopped her. 

"Ohhh... okay okay..." Sungmin put down her phone. She just wanted to capture how cute the koala was... nothing else, no ill intention. 

The hospital has a gift shop where they sold lots of koala motives items. Kyuhyun knew his wife loved cute things, so he pulled her gently into the gift shop and when she squeeled in delight, he knew he had made the right choice! But then he ended up paying for 3 different sizes of koala bears, 2 pairs of baby pajamas, 2 pairs of cute koala baby shoes, plus 2 pairs of baby mittens! He chuckled and pinched Sungmin's nose because she giggled happily after they left the gift shop. 

After dinner, they retired into their room, and plan for tomorrow's journey.  Kyuhyun suggested they stopped at Newcastle for lunch, then drove straight to Sydney after that. They probably would reach Sydney by early night time. 

"But Kyu, you will be very tired. Do you need some rest? We can always stay overnight somewhere, then drive again in the morning" Sungmin suggested. 

"I'm okay to drive all the way to Sydney, really, don't worry too much, Min. I just need to drink coffee to stay alert. Anyway, what I am scared off is there might be slow traffic entering Sydney area, so we probably might reach the hotel much later". 

"It's okay, I can just take a nap if I'm tired. It's just the toilet break will be a problem if we are stuck in a traffic jam" she told him worriedly. 

"Hmmm..." Kyuhyun tapped his fingers to think "worst come to worst, we go by your suggestion, we can do a stopover at Berowha, and stay overnight, and drive straight into Sydney in the morning".

"Sounds good, it's better in the morning right, because the city people will travel out for work, so it shouldn't be too heavy traffic to enter Sydney" Sungmin told him, soothing her tummy. Her twins had started kicking again, maybe wanted their mummy to rest. 

"You okay Min?" Kyuhyun asked her with concerned. "Lie down and rest. I just need another 5 minutes to re-calculate the distance to Sydney and whether we should just do a stopover" he told her, and helped her to lie down. He kissed her tummy and kissed her lips, and pulled the blanket to cover her. 

Kyuhyun decided to enter Sydney by Epping Road through Sydney Harbour Bridge, and not through the Pacific Highway, which might be slower due to heavy traffic. His main concern is Sungmin. She constantly need to go to the toilet as the babies were pressing her urinal bag, as such she couldn't hold her urine for too long. 

So, since he has decided, he proceed to book an accommodation in Berowra, and settled on Calabash Bay Lodge, which overlooking the beautiful Berowra Creek. This roadtrip was really an eye opener to him and Sungmin, because there were many beautiful small cities throughout the Pacific Highway and North Sydney. The Australian should explore their countryside more because there were so many things to see! 

They set off from El Paso Motor Inn right after breakfast and headed to Berowra. Kyuhyun had told his wife what he has planned, to minimise being stuck in a traffic jam, and Sungmin was so happy because they would be driving through the famous Sydney Harbour Bridge! 

They had their lunch at Newcastle, and continued to Berowra. They checked in at Calabash Bay Lodge, and Sungmin really loved this place!! It was a beautiful lodge, the deco balance the striking waterfront views with an elegant and intuitive interior and eve though the room price was reasonable, but everything looked exquisite! And the view of the lake from their veranda, wow!!! So breathtaking! 

"Great choice, Kyu!!! Though it was last minute, they still gave us a beautiful room with stunning view!!" Sungmin was squeeling non-stopped. 

"Yes, lovely view!! And I didn't even know this place existed!" he grinned and wrapped his arm around her to take a selfie. 

Kyuhyun grabbed a sweater and put it on Sungmin and they stepped out to walk hand in hand around the beautiful lake. The lake was actually a creek, and it was a  watercourse that is part of the Hawkesbury-Nepean catchment in North Sydney. 

"I wonder, if I didn't rushed off that day in the train, and left my lipstick and my phone, would we still meet and fall in love...." Sungmin said, reminiscing that fateful day, which led to them to meet up and the rest was history. 

Kyuhyun chuckled "Maybe I might watch your musical, and kept wondering who was that girl and maybe would try to get to know you better..." 

"You might not want to befriend a musical actress...." 

"Why not...? If I like that girl, I would go for it! You are such a beauty, you know, until now... " 

Sungmin giggled "No... I'm big and ugly now....." 

Kyuhyun stopped and slowly turned her to face him "You are not big and ugly, okay. You are beautiful, and this beautiful girl is carrying my twins. Yes, you put on weight, but barely noticeable. And I love you more and more each day" 

She smile happily "I love you very much Kyu, you are my life, though sometimes I do felt angry with you because you called me non-stop especially when I was working..." Sing giggled. 

"I can't help it, I got so worried if you didn't answer my call or reply my text... " 

"You are really the opposite you know. Usually the wife is the one who constantly call or text the husband..." 

"I love you too much and I am worried because you are pregnant..." 

"I know I know... and I'm so thankful because you love me and care for me.." she tiptoed and kissed him. 

Kyuhyun held her face and kissed her properly. "Rest early after dinner because once we reached central Sydney tomorrow, we'll be busy touring around" 

"Yayyy! Sydney, here we come!!" Sungmin clapped her hands happily. 

Kyuhyun smile and pecked her lips, intertwined their fingers and slowly walked back to their unit. 

He too, can't wait to visit Sydney!