Hong Gil Dong the musical

Lipstick

Sungmin was back in her pink pullover and boots.

"Sorry you have to wait, Kyuhyun-ssi"

"No problem. And just call me Kyuhyun. Do you have any preference for cafes?" 

"Hmmm, do you want to try 'Think Coffee'? It's diagonally opposite Gwanghwamun Gate on the far left of the gate. I want try their hot chocolate, coz I heard it's nice" 

"Let's go there then" 

They walked from Sejong Centre and cross over to walk along the middle Plaza area opposite Gwanghwamun gate, then crossed over towards the cafe. Gwanghwamun Gate, as usual, looked impressive, and at this time, still crowded with tourists. 

They had a wonderful time talking, getting to know each other and exchanging phone numbers because Sungmin needed to contact him on the coming Wednesday to pass him the ticket. And in the train accompanying Sungmin back to her station, Kyuhyun made sure they both didn't fall asleep so that they wouldn't missed each other's station! 

Sungmin called him on Tuesday night. "Kyuhyun, I got the tickets already. I keep forgetting to ask you how many tickets you want, though. So I got you 4 tickets" 

"Really! Actually I just want one, but if there are 4 tickets, I can ask my buddies to come along!" 

"That will be great! We need more supporters! Ok then, can I pass the tickets to you tomorrow?" 

"What time does your rehearsal start tomorrow?" 

"2.30pm. Why?" 

"I pick you up for lunch? I got my car back. It was in the workshop last week, that's why I've been taking the subway"

"Ahhh I see. Where is your office? I don't want to trouble you so much" 

"My office is Haru Software Inc at Jung-gu district, somewhere on the north side of Han River. I can just drive down and pick you up, maybe at Cheongnyangni Station? The one that you alighted that night?" 

"Hmmm, I think it's easier if you pick me outside Lotte Dept store just next to the station. I will wait outside the lobby before the taxi area" 

"Alright. 12.15pm?" 

"Ok see you tomorrow, Kyuhyun"

Their lunch date was nice. Sungmin told him all the funny happenings during their rehearsals. And the kissing part, it was always an NG, because Sungmin just didn't know how to kiss properly. So the director make it short and fast so that both she and the actor playing Hong Gil Dong would not feel too awkward. 

Friday came at last. Kyuhyun had informed his buddies, Changmin, Minho, and Suho to come along to watch a musical. When they got to know that the actress was the one who fell asleep on Kyuhyun's shoulder, they to no ends and it went on until they were in the theatre, because Kyuhyun brought along a bouquet of pink rosses!

"Roses are pink, violets are blue
One look at you and I fell in love with you... " Minho recited a poem to Kyuhyun and put his hands on his heart.

"Do you know what my shirt is made of? Boyfriend material" 
Suho added.. and Kyuhyun face palm. 

"Do you play soccer? Because you're a keeper!" Changmin tried but was jeered by Minho and Suho. 

"Yah... Can't you think something not related to soccer..??" Minho slapped Changmin's back. 

"Ok how about this 'Do you have a Band-Aid? Because I just scraped my knee falling for you'" and Minho and Suho laughed because the pick-up line was so lame. Even Kyuhyun laughed too. 

"Okay okay be quiet you three.." Kyuhyun told them in a low voice when the lights became dim. There was an intro and some rules and regulations to follow in conjunction with any musical etiquette. And then the musical started, much to Kyuhyun anticipation. He didn't understand why he could even hear his silly heartbeat, especially when Sungmin appeared. 

She looked so pretty in the warrior girl's outfit during Joseon era. And she was very talented with lots of martial arts performances and singing. Kyuhyun knew that she had worked hard during the rehearsals so that she didn't made any mistakes. He felt very proud of her.  And during the intermission, he got a text from Sungmin "Wanna come to the dressing room? Your ticket allows you to access the backroom!" 

He told the rest that he would see Sungmin for a while, and took the flowers with him. The 3 guys simultaneously whistle and with "woohoo", "you are fast, man" and "wowww". And he didn't tell them that they could go backstage too. No, no way! The teasing would never stopped! 

The security person gave him a visitor pass which he needed to display while he was in backstage area. He clipped it to his business shirt pocket. He was still in full business shirt and a tie, as Friday was still a working day, and he looked so smart and handsome until some backroom staff kept swooning at him when he asked for directions to Sungmin's dressing room. 

He reached the room and knocked at the door, and Sungmin opened it on his 2nd knock. "Kyuhyun!! How do I look? How's my acting? Do I look ok?" 

"Wo, first of all, this is for you" and he gave her the bouquet of flowers. "And you look great! Acting is flawless!!" 

"Ohhh wow, this is so pretty!! I love pink roses!! Thank you thank you!! How do you know I like pink?!!" 

"Haha, not too difficult to know since almost all of your things are pink!" Kyuhyun was teasing her.  "Errr, Sungmin, can I take a photo of you?" 

"Yes!!!! With this flowers!!" and she was smiling sweetly at his camera phone. "Let's take a selfie!!" and they pose together, and then Sungmin wanted to use her phone. 

"Wow, Sungmin, are you going to introduce your handsome boyfriend to us?" a fellow actress said to her. She looked at Kyuhyun and gave her hand "Hello, I'm Taeyeon" she introduced herself before Sungmin managed to deny anything. 

"Hi, I'm Kyuhyun. Nice to meet you" 

"Let me take a photo for both of you" Taeyeon offered. 

"Ohh thank you, aunnie" and Sungmin moved towards Kyuhyun and passed her phone and Kyuhyun's phone to Taeyeon. 

"Stand closer! And Kyuhyun-ssi, don't be shy! Put your hand on Min's shoulder!" 

Kyuhyun gave a small laugh and put his arms on Sungmin's shoulder and pull her closer. Sungmin smile shyly and try to cover-up her nervousness by putting the flowers in front of her, because she could hear her heartbeats starting to go haywire! 

Kyuhyun was smiling all the way to his seat. Minho tickled him and Changmin snatched his phone. The 3 of them crowding together to see whether there were any photos. Kyuhyun tried to snatch it back but Changmin was quick to swat away his hands. And "Wow man, you really took photos with her!!! Wowwwww so handsome and pretty" And Minho took over the phone and set Kyuhyun's wallpaper to the photo which Kyuhyun's hand was on Sungmin's shoulder. 

"Give me back my phone!" Kyuhyun hissed softly. 

"Ok ok take it..." Minho returned back Kyuhyun's phone but with cheekiness look on his face. He lifted his eyebrowse to Changmin and then high-five with Suho. 

The musical started again and Sungmin's acting was superb. At the curtain call, everyone stood up to give a standing ovation as it was a great musical performance. Kyuhyun and the 3 buddies clapped very loud and Minho kept whistling. Sungmin was holding the bouquet from Kyuhyun and was waving around to thank the audience. She saw Kyuhyun and smile sweetly at him. 

"Kyu, introduce her to us!!! Don't keep her to yourself!!!" Suho pulled Kyuhyun's tie. Changmin slapped his shoulder and agreed with Suho. 

"Unless you all can wait? She needs to change first" Kyuhyun said while they started walking out from their seats. 

 "We can wait!!!" Minho put his arm on Kyuhyun's shoulder. 

Kyuhyun texted Sungmin to ask whether would it be ok if his friends wanted to meet her. Sungmin said "ok, but give me 20 minutes". 

"Kyu, let's go for dinner together? Bring her along!" Changmin suggested. 

"She would be shy with all of us staring at her!" Suho said. 

"Let me ask her!" Minho said with his usual cheekiness. 

"Yah Yah, let Kyu asked her. Who do you think you are, her boyfriend?" Changmin pushed him. 

They all laughed. Sungmin came out smiling shyly holding her flowers. Kyuhyun introduced his friends one by one and told her that they are his buddies from university days. 

"Sungmin-ssi, congratulations! The musical is daebak!! Good performance!" Changmin showed his thumb. 

"Thank you, err Changmin-ssi" 

"Join us for dinner?" Minho asked politely. 

"Errr..." Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun nodded his head. "Well, ok, if it's ok with all of you" 

"Let's go!" Suho said and started walking. Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin to his car, whereas the rest went to Changmin's car. Kyuhyun told the rest to meet him at Coreanos Kitchen Gwanghwamun and Changmin nodded and waved at him. 

Kyuhyun took Sungmin's bag and flowers to put at the backseat, and opened the passenger door for  her. 

"Sorry my buddies are too friendly. You can reject them you know, if you don't feel like dining with them" Kyu said after he has taken his seat at the driver's seat and started his car engine. 

"It's ok. I don't mind getting to know your friends. And I am so thankful that they came and watch the musical! And Kyuhyun, thanks for the beautiful flowers. I really really love it!" 

"You are welcome! Congrats for your musical. And... call me Kyu" Kyuhyun glanced at her and smile. 

"Kyu.... that's nice!" she said softly. She felt that they are getting closer and getting more at ease with each other. Is he the right person for her? She didn't know why she could click easily with Kyuhyun and she felt an overwhelming feeling of liking him more than friends. But she shouldn't put any high hopes yet. It's too early. She should just bask in the friendship that Kyuhyun offered...