Lipstick and sleeping girl

Lipstick

His phone kept buzzing with his WhatsApp groupchat notifications. 'Hmmm.. Chwang, Minho and Suho must be talking about the Champions League match tomorrow night' Kyuhyun was talking to himself while stepping into the train and found a seat. He opened up his phone cover to start reading his soccer buddies' conversations. He felt like he sat on something, so he half got up to see what was it that he sat on. Ohh it was a lipstick. He took it and sat down again.

He looked at the sleeping girl who was seated next to him. It must be hers, he thought. He wanted to wake her up to return back the lipstick, but he didn't want to disturb her. Ahh well, I will give it back to her when she woke up, Kyuhyun told himself.

He read the messages, laughed and started to get absorbed in chatting with his buddies. Suddenly he felt something on his shoulder and to his horror it was the girl's head! He was contemplating to move to another seat but the girl seemed to be very comfortable leaning on him. He type a message to his buddies.

"What shud I do? The girl next to me slept and now her head is on my shoulder. Shud I push her head away?"

"Put your arms around her and pretend that she's your girlfriend" Changmin sent his reply with 3 laughing emoticons.

"Move your shoulder so that she ended up on your lap" Minho chipped in with 4 thumbs up emoticons.

"Move closer and sleep together wahaha" Suho added with 6 laughing emoticons. 

"Aisshhh you all are not helping!" Kyuhyun put in 3 angry emoticons.  "So Minho's apartment tomorrow? I bring over beer" 

"I will cook fried rice!" Minho sent. 

"Are you sure it's edible??" Changmin asked with horror emoticons. 

"Yah Yah I can cook you know!" Minho's added angry faces. 

"I bring Pizza!!" Suho added pizza emoticons. 

"Chwang? You bring fruits... " Kyuhyun typed with difficulty as the girl was leaning more towards him. 'what the heck! How could someone slept until didn't even realised she's leaning on someone!' Kyuhyun thought to himself while glancing at the girl. She smells nice though, probably her shampoo, and it smells apple. She was fair and had long hair. She was wearing a pink pullover with long black skirt and high boots. There was a laptop bag next to her right leg. And her phone was on her bag and threatened to fall towards Kyuhyun too. 

"Ok I will bring apples and grapes" Changmin sent his message. 

"Alright!! So tomorrow onz!!" Suho sent his message with clapping emoticons.

The train break at one station and the girl's head moved to Kyuhyun's chest! Before he could react, thankfully, she was awake!

"Oh I am so sorry!! I must have fallen asleep. I'm so sorry" the girl sat up and bow a bit to him. 

"It's alright. Errr, here, you drop your lipstick" Kyuhyun returned it to her.

"Oh thanks" The train door started beeping. "Which station is this?"

"Gwanghwamun"

"!" and the girl grabbed her bag and laptop bag and dashed off. Her phone and her lipstick were on the floor.

Kyuhyun grabbed both and wanted to chase after her, but the train door closed. Cursing, he has to wait for the next stop, which he alighted and crossed over the platform to take the other train back to Gwanghwamun station.

He tried to look for a girl with pink pullover but he couldn't see anyone with that colour. He went up the slope to the street level opposite Sejong Centre and scanned around, but nobody closed to her was seen. He turned to Gwanghwamun gate at far ahead, no luck too. He scratched his head. 

He looked at his watch, if he didn't leave now, he would be late for his dental appointment. He took leave today so that he could make it for his dental treatment. His work as a system analyst made him extremely busy with projects and only today he could getaway for a day on a weekday.

While walking back to the station's platform, Kyuhyun checked the girl's phone. The cover is pink with cute rabbits and inside the phone cover was some business cards. He pulled one card and the name showed was 'Lee Sungmin'. He wasn't sure whether that was the girl's name, so he put back the card and board the train.

Sungmin was cursing at herself. She was already late for her musical practice and got severely scolded as everyone has to wait for her, and on top of that, she lost her phone and her favourite lipstick. It must be during that rush to exit the train at Gwanghwamun. She has ran all the way to the exit and then crossed the road to Sejong Centre and only when she had change to stage costume and wanted to put on her lipstick, she realised these two were missing. 

"Hopefully that guy pick them up and keep for me. But I need to borrow a phone to call my phone. Haiz, later I settled it" Sungmin said to herself, and then kept her bag in the locker and walked quickly to the musical set. 

After his dental appointment, Kyuhyun met up with his parents to watch his sister's orchestra performance. In the midst of the performance, he felt his phone buzzing. Fishing out his phone, he felt puzzled because it wasn't ringing nor had any notifications yet he felt it was still buzzing but somewhere in his pocket. Then he remembered the pink phone. He excused himself from his parents and answered the phone outside the door. 

"Hello" 

"Errr my apologies, you have my phone. I dropped it in the train just now" 

"Ohh you are the girl who sat next to me just now?" 

"Yes yes, I'm the one who slept on your shoulder" Kyuhyun heard she laughed softly but cutely. She must be ambarrassed!  She continued "I'm really sorry for troubling you. I borrowed my friend's phone to call". 

"That's alright. But I'm in a middle of watching a performance, I cannot meet you now. Can we arrange a good time? Now is 5pm, if you can meet me at 7pm?" 

"7pm is fine. I'm in a middle of my rehearsal too and should be over by 7pm".

"Where are you, maybe it's easier if I go to your place" 

"I'm at Sejong Centre, the main stage hall. If you are early, you can just enter the hall and sit, maybe on the right side, so that I know it's you". 

"Alright see you then". 

"Thank you very much and see you" 

Kyuhyun returned back to his seat with his parents. Sejong Centre? I was just opposite Sejong Centre when I was running after her. If only I crossed the road and enter it. Hmmm, I wonder if she's in a musical? Coz Sejong Centre is for Arts and musical performances... Kyuhyun was thinking to himself. 

Later, when he entered the main hall at Sejong Centre, a musical rehearsal was in progress. He was early. His sister's performance finished earlier and he and his parents went backstage to meet her. Afterwhich, Kyuhyun excused himself to come here. 

His attention was focused on a certain girl, with long pleated hair and big eyes. Her acting was good and Kyuhyun googled to find out what was the musical performance coming soon in Sejong Centre. It was Hong Gildong, and the list of actor and actresses include a name 'Lee Sungmin'. "Ohh so that girl on stage is her, and the business card that I saw was really her name!  Hmmm 'Lee Sungmin'. And her phone home screen picture showed herself holding an orange cat" Kyuhyun smile to himself "Cute". 

His own phone buzz and he saw a WhatsApp message from his mum. "Are you having dinner at home?" 

"No omma, you all go ahead. I come home on Sunday night ok. See you omma" 

"Take care and remember to eat" Kyuhyun smile. His mother cared for him so much. He was the one who always forgot to call her, and she was the one who always remember. 

"Hello, I'm so sorry,  you must have waited very long". Sungmin apologies when Kyuhyun looked up. She was still in her costume and she looked so pretty. She sat down in the empty seat next to him. "I'm Lee Sungmin" she introduced herself and offered her hand. 

"Hi Sungmin-ssi, I'm Cho Kyuhyun. Here, your phone and your lipstick. And this is my business card" Kyuhyun passed them to Sungmin. 

"Thank you very much, errr Kyuhyun-ssi. And this is my business card" Sungmin took out one card from her handphone cover and passed it to him. "I'm sorry I fall asleep. We have rehearsals till late last night, and I have to go to mother's cafe to open it so that her staff could go in. My parents and brother are having their holidays in Osaka, so nobody is around to handle the cafe. Since I was there, I did some accounting work at the cafe to take in the sales, then I went off. I was really sleepy in the train haha.. Too tired I guess".

"Don't worry about it. You didn't join your family for holiday because of your musical?" 

"Yes, the musical starts next Thursday, I can't possibly go off for holidays. I told them to proceed without me" Sungmin looked sad. 

"I see. You were saying your musical starts next Thursday. Do you have the schedule when you will be acting? I would like to watch" Kyuhyun smile. He didn't understand why suddenly he wanted to support her. Why he wanted to see her smile again.

"Really? Wow!!! Hold on, I get the schedule" and she ran off to the side of the stage and walked back. 

"Here it is. I'll be in the Friday slot, 3 sessions. And then on Sunday's slot. Kyuhyun-ssi, I can get you some tickets if you are really interested to watch. Each of us actors are entitled up to 6 tickets"  Sungmin looked at him happily.

"Oh that will be great. But if you already reserved them for your family, it's okay, I can buy the tickets myself." 

"No, no, don't worry, i can give them to you as my family are not here. But I could only get the tickets on Wednesday. Can I pass them to you on Wednesday?". 

"Cool and no problem.  Do you have anything after this? Want to go for coffee?" Kyuhyun trying his luck. 

"No I have no plans. Will it be ok if you wait a while? I go change and we can go" Sungmin looked at him with her cute big eyes. 

"Sure, go ahead. I can still wait here, right?" 

"Yes, you can. The hall closes at 11pm. I go change now" and Sungmin took her phone and her lipstick, wave at him and walked to the side door. 

Kyuhyun looked at the performance schedule. He must remember to keep Friday night free. He really wanted to watch Sungmin, errrrrr want to watch the musical, he corrected himself while smiling.