Competitor

Lipstick

Kyuhyun attended Hong Gildong musical's final performance (and this round he really bought his ticket!), and watching Sungmin performed gave him so much pride. He knew she would do well in her next performance too. She had told him that she has been given a role in Jack The Ripper, but she has not read the scripts yet.

Fate has indeed brought them together. He couldn't imagine that at the beginning of this musical, he didn't even know her, and by its last performance, she is his girlfriend.

He went to see her during break and passed her a bouquet of pink roses.

"Wow, thank you, Kyu!!" she took the flowers and hugged him.

"You are welcome and your performance was excellence just now! I am so proud of you"

"Yah, later when you watch the kissing scene, you will be angry and will never say I did well!" she swat his hand.

"Ok ok, I won't be angry. I know it was just acting. It's just that he tend to hold you longer and didn't want to let go. Does he likes you? If he does, I will really fight for you, you know"

"No, it's just acting for him too"

"How do you know? Maybe he likes you too"

"Kyu, we rotated co-star and I was not the only one who co-starred with him. He is like that, he truly performed with all his heart"

"Wow, you really praised him" he said it sarcastically. 

"For his acting!" Sungmin knew that Kyuhyun was still a bit jealous about her co-star. It was true that her co-star was interested in her too, but she has been rejecting him. She really need to tell him that she has a boyfriend.

Seeing that Sungmin was quiet, Kyuhyun felt guilty. Ok then, he would take it that the guy was only acting.

"I'm sorry ok, cheer up, you have the 2nd half coming soon!! I see you after the show" and he peck her lips and turned to leave, but his hand was pulled back by Sungmin.

"Kyu, can you come in to this room after the musical? We have a short wine session in the common area, and I want to introduce you to everyone" 

"Huh, but the wine session is for those involve in the musical, right? It's ok, Min, I can wait for you outside" 

"We can bring guest. Please Kyu? Then after the session, I change my outfit and we can go off" 

"Hmm, ok. I see you here then" he kissed her briefly again, smile to cheer her up and waved before leaving the dressing room. Guest were allowed only 10 minutes to see actors or actresses so that they have enough time to rest, go for toilet break, and to freshen up.

The second half of the performance was excellent, everyone acted with so much pride and passion. Though Kyuhyun kept telling himself that the actor, whom he got to know that his stage name was Yesung, only acting his part, but his eyes, and hands really showed that he liked Sungmin for real. 

So, seemed like he has a competitor!

He trusted Sungmin's feelings for him, but what if this Yesung wanted to continue to pursue Sungmin? They have been spending time together for this musical and what if he got the wrong ideas about Sungmin's friendly attitude towards him? Has he ever asked Sungmin out? 

Kyuhyun don't really know what to think. He would see the next course of action after the wine session later. For now, he would take it that all scenes were purely acting. 

All the audience stoop up and gave a standing ovation when the musical ended. The cast were all bowing and waving to appreciate their support and some of them hugged each other on stage as they might not be acting together in their next work area. 

Sungmin was holding Kyuhyun's bouquet of flowers and she waved at him when she saw him. Yesung appeared next to her and started talking and then held her hand to bow to the audience again. They continued talking as they retreated to the back of the stage. 

Kyuhyun went out the theatre to enter the dressing room. Sungmin had arranged for him to get special pass to enter these restricted area and he need to display it at all times. 

When he reached her dressing room's door, he saw Sungmin walking with Yesung but not to her dressing room, but to his dressing room, and that she did not see Kyuhyun. "Hmm, why is she going into his dressing room?" Kyuhyun was thinking aloud. "Should I go there or just wait here?" He decided to text her to inform her that he is in her dressing room already. 

Sungmin appeared at the door about 5 minutes later. 

"Kyu, sorry because Yesung-oppa wanted to show me the group photos that we took yesterday, and his iPad was in his room"

"Ahh ok. Don't worry about it"

"Come, let's go to the gathering" Sungmin pulled his hand. 

"Min, are you sure it's appropriate for me to join?" 

"Yes, don't worry!" 

Sungmin pulled his hand and they walked along a few doors before reaching a large opening. Few cast and backstage staff were already there and yes, Kyuhyun did see some outsiders who wore the same VIP-pass as him. Sungmin bowed at some of her fellow cast and staff and introduced "my boyfriend, Kyuhyun" to them. After a moment, he saw that Yesung join them too and looked at Kyuhyun who was next to Sungmin. 

"Yesung-oppa, this is my boyfriend, Kyuhyun" and then she turned to Kyuhyun and said, "Kyu, this is the famous Hong Gil Dong!" she laughed as she introduced them. 

"Yesung-ssi, nice to meet you in person!" 

"Hello. Wow, Sungminnie's boyfriend! How many times have you watch this musical?" Yesung wanted to start a conversation. From his look, Kyuhyun could tell that he was a bit upset that Sungmin introduced him as her boyfriend. 

"Kyu, excuse me for a while, I go and talk to my director and then I will bring us two glasses of wine". 

"Sure, Min" and then Kyuhyun turned to Yesung "I watch it three times. Too bad I normally work late on weekdays, if not I will definitely watch every session that she appeared!" Kyuhyun chuckled. 

"If I may ask, what do you work as?"

"Hmm... why is he interrogating me..?" Kyuhyun was wondering himself, and then he smile and replied Yesung "I'm a System Analyst, and currently we have lots of projects, so I have to work late, and sometimes I feel guilty because I couldn't fetch Sungmin on weekdays"

"I see. No wonder sometimes on weekdays she went home by the metro. But I don't know why she always decline me when I want to send her home" Yesung said. 

"She turned you down because she has a boyfriend, you dumb head!" Kyuhyun grumbled to himself, but said instead "Oh actually her home is very near to the metro, so it's really convenient to take the metro". 

"I see. So, are you two planning to get married?" 

 "We have not really talk about it yet, but I do plan to propose to her this year" 

"Hmm, then I still got chance" Yesung said while sipping his wine. 

"I'm sorry?" Kyuhyun asked because he didn't quite catch what Yesung said.  He saw from his side view that Sungmin was walking back towards them. 

"May the best man wins!" Yesung patted Kyuhyun's shoulder and walked away. 

"What the hell!" Kyuhyun started to get mad. How dare he said that! Sungmin is his and not something that Yesung could play to win!