Lovely walk by the river

Lipstick

The musical was well received and they were given a standing ovation. Even the Caucasians tourist were cheering and whistling especially when the performers bowed at the end. Kyuhyun was so proud of Sungmin and walked towards the backstage to give her the flowers.

"Min!! Congratulations for the performance! It was awesome and entertaining. I noticed you all changed some screens and did more swordsfighting!" Kyuhyun said and then hugged Sungmin and gave her the flowers.

"Awwwe thank you, it's lovely Kyu!! Yes PD-nim improvised sound screen because he said tourist need to be continuously entertained. It's tiring but when I heard the cheering and the clappings, it's all worth while!" she smell the roses and smile lovingly at Kyuhyun.

"You go ahead and change, I wait for you at the seats, ok"

"Ok, see you later Kyu. By the way, we are free to eat dinner on our own tonight, so I can go with you. Tomorrow night then we have a group dinner. So your task is to think of where to eat for our dinner!"

"Just the two of us, ok. I don't want a 3rd wheeler" Kyuhyun said, referring to Yesung. "Meet me at the Family Mart across the road after you are done. No hurry, take your time ok. And try not to catch his attention!" Kyuhyun said, bending to kiss her cheek. 

"Of course!! See you later Kyu" Sungmin blew a french kiss to Kyuhyun. She ran to the changing room, did some freshen up after she changed her attire, ran to the ladies room to change her pad, told her roommate that she would not be join in them for dinner, and dashed off to meet Kyuhyun. 

And all these while, Yesung was still talking to PD-nim. He was suggesting for more swordsfighting and more romance scene to make it more interesting to the audience. PD-nim was looking through the scripts and nodding his head, he told a Yesung "I see what I can do. Will give a briefing tomorrow morning. Thanks Yesung-ssi" PD-nim patted his shoulder and walked off. Happy that he night get more romance scene with Sungmin, he went to look for her. 

"So, where are we going?" Sungmin walked besides Kyuhyun and felt so happy that finally, they had sometime on their own. Kyuhyun intertwined their hands as soon as she joined him and while they walked, he checked his map again to find the correct direction.

"Hmmm, it's Kappo Sakamoto, and it should be about 5 to 7 minutes walk from Kyoto-Shijo Station. Ok, we just past the station, so it should be this way" Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin along and said "It's serve authentic Kyoto traditional food. The most popular is the keiseki course, so I think we should give it a try tonight!!" Kyuhyun smile at her. 

"Sounds good!!! Do we need to make reservation?" 

"I did. I called the restaurant after I meet you at the backstage just now".

"Wow, you think of everything! I hope the food is really nice" 

"The reviews are good! They said the food is delicious, fresh, innovative, delicate and skillful. The little dining room is cozy and has a beautiful view over the old part of Kyoto. The service is friendly and they can speak English too. But not much meat though other than grilled fish and sashimi" Kyuhyun told her while checking his direction. "It should be that one" he said, after they crossed the river and turned into a road along the Shirakawa river. 

"I'm ok without meat actually. I eat anything heehee" Sungmin laughed, and looked around the area "Wow, this area is awesome. Nice ambience and very lovely".

Sakamoto is located down a dark, narrow alley on the southern side of the river. However, once inside, the natural light pouring in through the trees illuminates this small kappo (counter style) restaurant, which perched above a canal in old Kyoto. Sungmin loved it! Though small, the restaurant was cosy and diners sat overlooking the shallow Shirakawa River, which is lined with restaurants, bars and cafes on one side, and a cobbled street with cherry trees and willows on the other, and the tips of their branches fanning the water as it dances through the Gion District. Yes, this is definitely Kyoto style! And Sungmin mouthed her thanks to Kyuhyun for choosing this place. 

"I know you will surely love it" Kyuhyun smile happily at Sungmin, after they had sat and ordered two sets of keiseki course. "And later we can walk along the river before we go back to hotel". 

Sungmin clapped her hands happily, which made Kyuhyun chuckled. His girlfriend is really cute to the max. 

It was a seven-course, and the first dish was tofu, which was lovely. The second dish was painted with green hues: two fillets of sayori, needle-like white fish with slender beaks, were coated on one side with aonori (green laver) adding a deep flavor to this delicate swimmer. The sayori rested against a bamboo leaf artfully tied up to conceal a delightful parcel: sweetened prawn and mashed satoimo (taro root) lightly favored with vinegar. Emerald fava beans were also added to the presentation. Sungmin was busy taking photos and Kyuhyun has to keep on telling her to eat. 

Two meat dishes followed: sashimi of squid and tuna seared tataki-style, a well-thought out contrast with the squid that dissolved much like sugar dissolves in water. Then there was a beef dish which was a surprise because it was not often seen in kaiseki (traditional multicourse) cooking. The beef slices were given a quick searing and served with avocado and a honey-mustard relish — a simple and welcome reprieve from the dogma of kaiseki.

All in all, both of them loved the food and were satisfied with the full course. They even took a wefie with the chef and decided to drop by here again another day. 

They strolled along the river, hand in hand and gazing fondly at each other. At one quiet corner, Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin closer and kissed her. It was nice, and they felt so in love. 

It was getting cold as they walked back to their hotel. Kyuhyun tighted his hold on Sungmin's hands and pulled her closer. They walked faster as it seemed like going to rain. 

"Min, do you want anything for supper? The Family Mart here has quite good variety of snacks" 

"I want onigiri!!" Sungmin literally jumped happily. 

"Let's go in!" 

"Looked who's here! Finally I found you!" Yesung exclaimed when he saw the two of them stepped into the convenience store.

Though annoyed, Sungmin still smile politely at him and pulled Kyuhyun to the other side of the mart. Kyuhyun grabbed a basket and ignored Yesung. 

"Kyu, is this tuna onigiri tasty? Or I should take the prawn?" 

"Take the tuna. Hmmm.. one or two  for you? Do you want to get for your roommate too?" 

"Ok, I take 2 pieces then. For yourself, Kyu?" 

"I just want 1 piece, and a custard bun" Kyuhyun turned to take the bun on the opposite rack, but his hand collided with Yesung. 

"Oh, I'm sorry" Kyuhyun said but frowned when he saw who it was. 

"Let me pay for you, Sungmin" Yesung smile at Sungmin. 

Sungmin frowned, then shook her head, and walked away behind  Kyuhyun to the cashier. Yesung wanted to pay, so he stood next to Kyuhyun on the other side. Kyuhyun talked something in Japanese to the cashier, and the cashier nodded and asked him politely to tap his card on the contactless card reader. Sungmin took the plastic carrier and once Kyuhyun got his receipt, she pulled Kyuhyun away. Yesung quickly turned towards the cashier to pay for his own buns but he miscounted the coins, so the cashier kept asking him for some more coins, which delayed his payment. 

"Min slow down. It's ok, I think he is still in the mart".

"I don't care, I don't want to see him. Let's run back to the hotel" and she started running and pulled Kyuhyun along. 

At the lift, Kyuhyun looked back and Yesung was not behind them. He breathed a sigh of relieved and at Sungmin's floor, he came out to walk with her to her door. 

"Goodnight Kyu, I have a wonderful time tonight with you" and she hugged Kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun hugged her back and kissed her briefly. "Goodnight, and see you tomorrow, Min. Rest and sleep early". 

"Ok, you go before you bumped into Yesung oppa again. Bye Kyu" and Sungmin quickly opened her door and went in. She waved goodbye to Kyuhyun and locked her door. 

Kyuhyun went to his room using the staircase as he didn't want to meet Yesung, in case he was in the lift. He walked in and locked his door too. Enough of run and hide for the night! He wondered why Yesung said he was looking for Sungmin the whole night? 

"He better not think or adding more scenes with my Sungmin! I am really going to complain to the director if he purposely take advantage of her!" Kyuhyun said angrily. 

Yesung was outside Sungmin's door and was pressing the door bell repeatedly because Sungmin was not answering her door. He became agitated because he wanted to be with Sungmin, eventhough for just a few minutes.

"Yesung oppa? Why are you here? You want to discuss something with Sungminnie? Come in then..." Yoona, Sungmin's roommate, said from behind Yesung. 

Yesung gave an evil smile and nodded his head...