Welcome to the family

Sowon's Children

Umji chewed her food carefully, Yerin was eating very slowly and very conscious of Yuju’s constant stare at her blond hair. Eunha finished her food quickly and was drifting off sitting against the wooden carrier, Yuju stared at Yerin while aimlessly eating her food.

Finishing her food, Umji grabbed her bowl and pulled Eunha to do the same.

“Unnies can you guys hurry up so we can get the tour done?”

Yerin shoveled her food into , stuffing her cheeks and got up to follow Umji to the kitchen. Yuju finally looked away to finish her food.

Carefully they lowered their bowls into the sink and Umji took lead again.

“So, rule number one! Yerin unnie!”

“Don’t run along the floor as much as possible.”

Umji smiled and patted Yerin’s arm.

“Why can’t we run across the floor?”

“Because of heavy dust.”

Umji watched grinning as Yerin began to speak on her own with a fond look on her face.

“Sowon unnie has a dust allergy and she’s scared of us getting sick from heavy dust so we shouldn’t run on the floor even if she uses the air purifier and cleans the vents for us.”

Yuju stared mesmerized by Yerin’s shy smile and distant look, Yerin might love Sowon more than she showed.

Umji led them through all the bridges and cat towers throughout the apartment and even went ahead to help them get their toothbrushes.

“So, for now, we can all sleep on the right pillow on the bed or if you want to share with each other, the basket is available most of the time. I take my naps in it.”

Yerin shuffled behind the group, it wasn’t like she was here any longer than the others, the only difference was that Yuju and Eunha would be staying here only for a month and she, forever.

Pulling Umji aside as Eunha and Yuju tested out the basket, she asked a meager question.

“Will Sowon unnie make them blankets too?”

Umji thought about it, if Sowon cut more off her fleece blanket, then Sowon would only have the down comforter for warmth, but then again, Sowon rarely used the fleece blanket unless they watched movies together in the living room.

“Maybe, I don’t know.”

They turned back to the basket wondering why it got all silent. Stepping closer, they hopped on the desk nearby and looked in. Both Eunha and Yuju were curled up in the basket, Yuju lay on her back, her arm being hugged by Eunha, the blanket across them, their tails intertwined. Stepping back slowly, careful not to wake the napping duo.

Leaving to the living room, Umji and Yerin sat in one of the higher compartments of a kitty tower, overseeing the balcony and outside through the glass door.

“Do you think they’re nice?”

“I think they’re great nukos, even if they seem a bit eccentric.”

“Do you think we could get along?”

“You get along with me fine Yerin unnie, you’ll be fine.”

Yerin held her tail to herself, sat in the corner of the compartment.

“It might take some time, but I’m sure we can become best friends.”

“I guess so, what will we do when they have to leave though? Shouldn’t we not get too attached?”

“Well, considering that we don’t see Sowon unnie’s unnie often, we won’t be seeing them often when they do leave, but maybe if we ask Sowon unnie, we can go visit them more often or ask for them to visit. Also, I’m sure that they probably would be coming back here whenever Sowon’s unnie needs to go out of country again or if she’s busy.”

Yerin nodded, even if they left, they’d still meet each other again. She reached over and pulled Umji into a side hug without thinking, an action that Umji didn’t miss. Sometimes, Yerin would wordlessly hold onto her, as if seeking safety, or stability.

“Unnie, can I ask a request of you?”

“What is it? If I can do it, I will to repay you.”

“It’s not to repay me, there’s nothing you need to repay for other than spending time with me when Sowon unnie is gone. I want you to tell Sowon unnie that you like her once a day. If you can say I love you to her, then I’m sure you’d make her day.”

“Mm, I can try.”

“Start with like, I know you already love Sowon unnie, but you don’t have to be so reserved around her you know?”

“Mn.”

Yerin let out a yawn and her head fell against Umji’s shoulder, Umji smiled and scooted closer for Yerin to sleep there, her little hand coming up to rubbed at Yerin’s head.

“Sleep well, our delicate unnie.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Sowon returned at five, she was hungry tired and not exactly sane yet. Class had been tedious especially because her embarrassing stomach wouldn’t stop grumbling during class.

Rubbing at her face in the bathroom, she slapped her own cheeks lightly.

“Cheer up Kim Sojung! You can do it!”

Leaving the bathroom, she stepped lightly around the house. When she had opened the front door and Umji didn’t run up to greet her, she figured that the little nuko was asleep. Now noticing that most likely all the nukos were asleep, she wandered into the bedroom where Umji would usually nap.

Not seeing Umji on her pillow, she scooted over to the basket and found Yuju and Eunha still sleeping. Yuju had somehow managed to turn upside down and was holding Eunha’s leg, where Eunha was now her other side curled up with her tail around herself. Sowon giggled quietly before extracting the blanket from Eunha’s hold to place atop both of their little bodies.

Exiting her room, she searched the little rooms of the cat towers for her first nuko and eldest nuko. Reaching the tower by the window, she peeked in the highest compartment and found Umji slumped against Yerin’s head which was on Umji’s shoulder.

Her hands shot to her stomach as it let out a loud growl and she stepped away quickly. She needed to make dinner first, then she could wake them without them feeling the hunger.

She chewed on a banana as she started the stove, tonight would be rice and chicken soup. A warm soup for her warm nukos. She smiled as she heard a small yawn come from the cat tower.

===============

I love it when cats sleep together and then randomly in their sleep their tails intertwine~ it so cute~