So will you be mine?

Sowon's Children

“So, SinB. How would you like to be mine and live with me?”

“I-I don’t know.”

Sowon deflated a bit but kept her smile on her face.

“It’s okay, you can go see my house and then we can spend some more time together tomorrow for you to decide.”

“I guess so.”

SinB got back into the basket, sitting down next to Yuju.

“You’ll love it at my house.”

She looked up at Umji, the other nuko had given her a bad feeling earlier. Perhaps she blamed her for hurting her owner? Well, now she seemed more amiable, enough to try and talk to her.

“Really?”

“Really. And if you’re wondering, I don’t blame you. Sowon unnie is sometimes so reckless that it’s hard to believe even when she’s so calm at all times.”

SinB nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon lay in her hospital bed, she already missed her nukos even if it were just mere minutes since her mom had left with them.

“Geez, I couldn’t kiss them see you tomorrow.”

She sighed, wiggling in her restraints.

“How am I going to keep my jobs? I know my hospital fees are being paid by the guy who hit me, but I worry that he has some ulterior motives, he just paid it without question.”

 She hummed before shrugging and closing her eyes to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Here, pick your toothbrush.”

SinB grabbed a random one and watched the others wait to get toothpaste. Reaching the dispenser, she stared. Ever since she entered the apartment, the things never ceased to amaze her.

“Wow.”

She had stared at the hanging bridges for a while before they pulled her to the kitchen for dinner. Then she got to go on the bridges to the bathroom.

“This must have taken a long time to make.”

“Hm? The dispenser? Sowon unnie bought that.”

“No, I mean the whole concept of this place, the hanging bridges, the precisely placed shelves.”

“Ahh, that took Sowon unnie a few years to reach here. She says she’s still not done but she won’t do more until we move out after graduation.”

“Graduation?”

“Mm, we’re only going to live here until Sowon unnie gets her diploma from university then we’re going to move to an apartment somewhere and rebuild these bridges and cubbies there.”

SinB nodded as she started brushing her teeth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Staring at the bed, SinB wondered where she should sleep. Umji was curled up on one end, Yerin was for some reason laying in the crack between the pillow and the headboard and Eunha and Yuju were in the basket.

“Sleep anywhere you want on the pillow dear.”

“Ok.”

Picking a spot, SinB curled in on herself. What she didn’t expect was a blanket to cover her a few seconds later.

Looking to her side she saw blonde ears before hearing a timid voice.

“I-it’ll get colder later tonight.”

“Th-thanks.”

Their backs pressed against each other, both tucked under the blanket with Yerin’s name embroidered on it.

“Good night everyone~”

“Good night~”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon woke up slowly, who was whispering so loudly so early in the morning?

“Good afternoon sleepyhead.”

“Mom?”

“Wake up Sowon unnie!”

Sowon blinked and stared, oh. Everyone’s already here.

“What time is it?”

“2pm.”

“Eh?”

“Darling, you slept like a rock.”

Sowon blushed and turned away.

“Shush, I’m a recovering patient.”

“Haha, I know. By the way, your university called, if you want to continue your classes they can send you the homework, but you’ll have to go in for the exams. They did offer to put a hold on your studies and you can continue them in the summer time instead of now.”

“What? But that would delay my graduation date.”

“Yes, you would graduate one year later than everyone else, but you’d be in better condition to go to school in than now.”

“I guess so, but I think I can still study. I can move my fingers just fine.”

“Honey, are you sure your body can handle it?”

“I’m sure, even if I wasn’t I have to be sure.”

Sowon had already chosen where she wanted to live after graduation and made a deal with the landlady there for immediate moving in. If she had to delay that, then her special fresh out of college deal wasn’t going to last. She had worked out that if she could get that apartment right out of college, she’d save money because of her fresh graduate position. Then it would gradually become a regular payment like everyone else in the complex.

“Alright, I’ll call them back.”

“Thanks mom.”

Whilst she was talking with her mother though, Sowon didn’t notice that there was a small pressure in her side. Once more, SinB had tucked herself there, at the crack between Sowon’s body and the mattress. Umji was climbing her way up to Sowon’s shoulder again and this time, Yerin was sitting on her lap.

“I guess since it’s good afternoon, you guys had lunch already, right?”

“Yup! We went out for fish and chips! We were here before you woke up!  We were here staring at you sleep!”

Sowon fake gasped at Yuju.

“Oh my, what a creep! Watching me when I sleep?”

Jokingly, she laughed as Umji pouted at her.

“Unnie, don’t lie. I know you watch me sleep all the time.”

Gasping comically again, Sowon tried to hold back her giggles.

“Me? When?”

“Every night!”

“Hahaha! It’s because I love you little munchkin!”

Sowon rubbed her cheek against Umji’s lightly as the youngest nuko successfully made it onto her shoulder.

“Sowon unnie, do you love me too?”

“Of course. Yennie, come here. If I could give you a kiss I would, so catch this one okay?”

Blowing a kiss with her casted arm, Sowon froze.

“Wait I can move this arm?”

“Yes, you can. You just didn’t have the strength yesterday.”

“Then where did I break this arm?”

“Right about here.”

At the center of the cast, the middle of Sowon’s forearm. Her elbow was not broken, her fingers were not broken. Theoretically she could write with her right hand. Only, it was suggested that she not aggravate any muscles near the fracture.

“No heavy lifting okay? I didn’t untie that sling for you to go hurt yourself some more you hear me?”

“Yes, mom. I love you.”

“And I, you hun.”

======================

I'm still not very happy at the moment, but I will report that while writing this there was a scene that made me grin while imagining it. Sometimes you just need that hug with someone you can trust and have them tell you that everything will be okay. But I'm here alone. No matter, my imagination shall take me away from the real world and you guys make me feel better with comments. I love you guys.