Nayeonie's offer

Sowon's Children

Sowon laid on the couch, exhausted from her job. She had just returned home and was tired so she decided to take a break before cooking dinner.

“Unnie will you be okay?”

“Oh? I will be, I just need to rest a little bit.”

Sowon pet Umji’s hair lightly, the nuko was standing on her collarbone to look into Sowon’s eyes. (It’s totally fine, she isn’t heavy at all.)

Yerin leaned against Sowon’s shoulder, holding hands with SinB.

“So, are you going to take a nap?”

“Haha, I’m not as free as you guys. If I nap now my sleeping pattern might get disrupted and tomorrow will be harsher, I’ll just lay here a bit and soak in your cute energy.”

She ruffled Yerin’s bangs, sighing peacefully. These days, she had been thinking about her future job and spent a lot of time considering Nayeon’s offer. The one thing currently standing in her way of rejecting the offer was that Nayeon had asked her to help her. It wasn’t that Nayeon just wanted to give Sowon money because she was rich, it was because there was something that Nayeon needed from her. Her support.

“Do you guys think I should go work for Nayeonnie?”

“I think so, wouldn’t your job be much better with a friend there?”

“Mm, not necessarily. It could be a bit burdensome with a friend. Maybe Nayeon’s coworkers could be expecting something really high of me just because she personally offered it to me.”

“But unnie, once you learn, you’re perfect at whatever you do.”

“Haha, you guys flatter me.”

Yerin stepped up from her hidden position.

“I’m serious though, you’re like an angel sent from above, you saved me and gave me a place to belong.”

“Aw, are you professing your love to me again? Cuties.”

Sowon kissed each of their small heads, giving each nuko a loving rub on the ears.

Brushing them onto the couch, Sowon got up and stretched, shivering as her shirt lifted a bit to far and the cold breeze hit her.

“Well, I’m going to make dinner, go have fun.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Are you sure she has Nayeon unnie’s number in her phone?”

“Certain.”

“So, what are we going to do about it?”

“Yerin unnie, standby at the kitchen area, tell us if she comes our way.”

“Roger.”

Yerin sat at her post on the shelf in the kitchen, watching over Sowon as she cooked.

“SinB be the relay person, when Yerin tells you that Sowon is coming you tell it to Yuju unnie, then she’ll run the hallway to get to us. We’ll try to make it quick ok?”

“Roger!”

Umji and Eunha pulled Sowon’s cellphone out of her purse in the office room and pressed the home button.

“You know the passcode?”

“Of course, it’s my birthday.”

They stopped momentarily when they saw the home screen. The lock screen didn’t phase them, it was just a pretty flower, but the home screen was a picture of them. They were laughing on Sowon’s stomach when Sowon was in the hospital still.

“Don’t get distracted.”

Eunha pat Umji’s shoulder quickly, they’d talk about it later.

Pressing the green thing that had a phone on it, they checked the contacts list.

[Nayeon]

“Ah there it is!”

“Should we call or text?”

“Call, its faster.”

Without hesitation, Umji palmed the call button.

“Hello?”

“Hello, this is Umji speaking.”

“Eh? Umji? Where’s Sowon?”

“She’s making dinner right now. I have a question for you.”

“Go ahead kiddo.”

“Why do you want Sowon unnie as your secretary when you inherit the position?”

“Because she’s gorgeous and everyone wants a pretty secretary.”

“What?”

“I’m joking, I’ve seen her work, even if the beginning is difficult, after adapting and evolving, I think Sowon would be a great help around the office. Is she really considering my offer?”

“Yes, she is, she says that the only thing stopping her from outright rejecting the offer was because you asked her for her support.”

“Mm, see, in the working world, you often become very lonely in your fights. My position I am going to be inheriting will involve a lot of standing on my own and fighting for my position and deals and all that. I just really need Sowon to be there for me because I don’t think I can handle going to eight-hour meetings without dying.”

“Haha, so you’re saying that aside from her skill you just want her to be there for you?”

“Of course, you lovable baby.”

“Hehe, thanks Nayeon unnie.”

“You’re welcome Umji yah, by the way, how’d you get your hands on Sowon’s phone?”

“It’s a secret.”

“Sneaky sneaky, well, I’ll talk to you all soon okay?”

“Bye bye Nayeon unnie.”

The call ended just in time as Yuju ran in and nodded to them.

“What are you guys doing?”

Umji and Eunha hastily shoved the phone back in Sowon’s purse before running out of the room.

“We were playing hide and seek.”

“You were hiding together? Cuties.”

=====================

Remember to go leave a comment over at Pick one! so I know which story you all prefer to read first!