Party pt.3

Sowon's Children

“Tell me the truth.”

Yerin looked around, taking a glance at Sowon, she knew she was left alone for this one. Sowon had turned away and pushed all the other nukos to look away. Forcing Yerin to face SinB on her own.

“I-I…was avoiding you.”

SinB backed up a bit to let Yerin breath a bit.

“Why?”

“B-because I can’t think clearly near you.”

SinB moved to sit besides Yerin, holding Yerin’s hand delicately, her hand was shaking and SinB was sorry for that.

A softer tone.

“Why?”

“My heart beats irregularly I might be allergic to you?”

SinB laughed, she laughed so hard Sowon had to turn and look to make sure SinB was okay.

“Tell, me. Do people who are allergic to things get hot in the face near whatever they are allergic to?”

Yerin stuttered.

“D-depends on the symptoms of the holder wouldn’t it?”

SinB turned and looked straight into Yerin’s eyes once more.

“Tell, me. Would you die if I stayed right here and held you for a while?”

“P-probably not.”

“Then you are not allergic to me.”

SinB held her unnie in her arms, wrapping her small arms around the delicate nuko.

“I’ll let you in on a secret that everyone knows but you.”

“H-huh?”

“I love you.”

SinB kissed Yerin’s cheek and Yerin promptly overheated and fainted.

“Ah.”

Sowon turned around and her jaw dropped.

“SinB yah! What did you do?”

She held Yerin carefully, fanning her hot face.

“I kissed her cheek. Like you do.”

Sowon smiled.

“Omo, you’re so brave.”

She kissed SinB’s cheek quickly before continuing to cool Yerin’s head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin woke up slowly, she snuggled into the warmth in her arms, not really caring about what it was until she felt whatever she was holding, move.

She opened her eyes and looked up. Blinking several times, her eyes widened, and she scoot back a bit. She was hugging SinB’s waist, SinB was asleep.

“Urgh.”

SinB moved around feeling for her warmth. Grabbing Yerin’s shoulder she scooted around without opening her eyes and tucked under her chin.

Holding her breath, Yerin looked side to side as SinB’s ears tickled her cheeks.

“Uh.”

“Oh? You’re awake sweetie?”

Sowon appeared in her view and brushed Yerin’s bangs out of her eyes before checking her temperature again.

“What happened Sowon unnie?”

“Honey you fainted after SinB kissed your cheek.”

Yerin’s face turned bright red again.

“Owh, I’m so not cool.”

Yerin pouted but hugged SinB back. Holding the younger nuko delicately in her sleep.

“And the others?”

“They’ve gone home after present exchanging.”

Yerin perked a bit.

“Nayeonie got you all snacks and I gave them all handmade handkerchiefs and a promise to embroider their names when they’ve finally decided who gets what color.”

Yerin grinned, Sowon was good with her hands. She loved her blanket a lot, especially since that was the first thing that was truly hers in her life.

“So, what are you going to do about SinB?”

“I don’t know.”

Sowon smiled softly and pet Yerin’s hair.

“She loves you. More than a sister. More than me.”

“I know.”

How long did Yerin entertain the thought that SinB might have liked her? Maybe from the first time they met? Or was it the first time SinB held her hand on her own? Yerin kind of knew, or she kind of prayed but was still very afraid of accepting that part of herself.

What if one day they all left her? What if she was all alone again? After tasting the forbidden fruit of a family what if she was torn away by the beast again? All these what ifs that ran through her head often stopped when SinB came around and Yerin knew.

She knew when she was in love.

After Sowon left the room, Yerin shifted a bit to hold SinB more comfortably.

“…don’t leave me unnie…”

Yerin held her breath.

“I won’t. I promise.”

================

I tried.....I'm sorry....oh I am so embarassed....this is terrible.....why do I do this to myself? aiqoo