new year's

Sowon's Children

“Are you going to try and stay up again this year Yewon ah?”

“Mm! Of course!”

Sowon chuckled and ruffled Umji’s hair, last year Umji didn’t make it to eleven before knocking out on the couch.

“Just don’t blame me for not staying up with you.”

“You fall asleep at ten every time!”

It was true, Sowon always fell asleep at ten. At least, that’s how Umji remembers it. The truth was that Sowon pretended to fall asleep, she lay there unmoving with her eyes closed until Umji fell asleep against her. Then she’d open her eyes in time for new year’s. Her routine was to wish Umji a grand year and tuck her in bed properly, kissing her goodnight.

She’d celebrated it alone for so long, maybe this time, with all her nukos together maybe she won’t be alone for New Year’s?

Holding SinB’s small face in her hands, she squished her cheeks lightly. SinB just whined and let Sowon do as she pleased.

“Why does everyone like to do this to me?”

Yerin grinned and held a hand to SinB’s cheek as well.

“It’s because you’re so soft, unlike your attitude most of the time.”

SinB blushed and brushed their hands away. Huffing lightly, she stepped away from them, sulking on her own. It wasn’t her fault she wasn’t able to be honest.

Yuju rolled around on the table, rolling around a marble from the toy box. Eunha watched with droopy eyes, feeling a bit sleepy from eating.

“Eunha yah, are you already going to sleep?”

“Huh? Me? Uhhh, no.”

She pat her cheeks lightly, waking up a bit more.

“What’re we doing until midnight then?”

“Shall we watch a movie?”

“What movie?”

“Do you want to watch Happy feet? Both of the movies?”

Eunha pretended to contemplate a very difficult question, rubbing her chin an dall.

“I agree.”

“Haha, what was that pose for?”

“For me to pretend like I made an important decision.”

Sowon giggled and kissed Eunha’s kitty ear.

“It was a pretty important decision, it’s the last movies you’ll be watching this year.”

Eunha smiled and ran to get first picks of where to sit on the couch. The couch that Sowon owned had a small extra cubby attached to it for nukos to play in. There was one side where it was worn down from where Umji had scratched at when she was going through puberty and the more feral instincts came out, but it was the warmer seat since Sowon had patched up the worse parts with a soft fleece.

“Yuju unnie shall we go together?”

“Mm.”

Putting her marble into her pocket, she grabbed Umji’s hand before leading them across the bridge to get to the living room from the kitchen.

Once they were all settled on the couch, Sowon pressed play, her hand resting on the back of the nuko cubby structure. Yerin noticed Sowon’s resting fingers and scooted back into her palm, tucking herself within Sowon’s fingers.

“Hm?”

“It’s nothing unnie.”

“If you say so Yennie.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon yawned as the clock struck twelve, glancing to her left she saw all her nukos were asleep. Although she knew that this was no different than when she was left awake alone because Umji fell asleep first, she felt it was still, just as alright.

Kissing their heads individually, she tucked them under their blankets.

“Happy new years kids. I hope we have another fun one.”

=======================

Anyone who hasn't checked out my ten ideas yet please do! So far it looks like Sinrin or mermaids will be the first one! I'm not really pushing for a Sowon x Nayeon but if you want it I can totally do it, I did intend a sisterly bond however. Sorry I was late! I guess it's already christmas isn't it? Merry Christmas everyone!