Caring for Umji

Sowon's Children

Sowon bustled around, cooking porridge for Umji, she sprinkled small pieces of dried fish on the top and smiled.

“Now, to let it cool for a bit.”

Moving away, Sowon giggled as she heard small footsteps running across the bridge.

“Sowon unnie?!”

“Yes, hun?”

“Why are you not at work today?”

“Because I need to take care of you baby.”

Sowon scooped Umji up from the bridge, kissing her cheek, she rubbed Umji’s back.

“How are you feeling today?”

“Better, by the way why are you taking me back to the bedroom? I smelled food.”

Sowon chuckled and tucked Umji under her small blanket, quickly wrapping her up like a present. Umji wiggled, her arms tied under the blanket like a present, her head the only thing sticking out.

“Sowon unnie?”

“Just sit there. I didn’t give you a second present yet. I know it isn’t Christmas, but you need it now.”

Pulling a small knitted sweater, she turned to Umji.

“That looks familiar.”

Umji stared at the sweater, then she looked at Sowon.

“Ah!”

Indeed, Sowon had knit a matching sweater for Umji, the same as the one she was wearing.

“We match!”

Freeing Umji from her blanket, Sowon helped fit the sweater over Umji’s ears carefully. Smiling as Umji spun in place for her to see.

“You, cutie. Come on, let’s get you your fish porridge.”

“Me too?”

“You too Yuju.”

Yuju turned to Eunha who was back hugging SinB who was holding hands with Yerin.

“Eunbi, I’m going for food. Is that okay?”

Eunha grumbled and snuggled into SinB’s shoulder some more.

“I guess I can? Thanks, I’ll be back as soon as I can.”

Yuju kissed Eunha’s forehead and hopped over to where Sowon was waiting. Climbing into her hand, she snuggled against Umji’s cheek.

“Good morning Yewon.”

Umji giggled as Yuju’s hair tickled her. They sat together, side by side eating the warm porridge. Sowon ate her sandwich of a breakfast and downed a cup of chocolate milk.

“Today, I’ll be here all day.”

“Really?”

Umji grinned, it had been a while since Sowon was home for a whole day without leaving for work at night or early to go to work or part time job.

her spoon quickly, she ran over to Sowon and snuggled against her hand.

“Haha, I know that company is very important when you’re sick, but I didn’t expect you to be this clingy.”

Sowon Umji’s ears lightly, causing the young nuko to purr. Yuju smiled and carefully ate her porridge, blowing gently on it, she had a sensitive tongue, often burning her tongue on foods if she hurried.

Umji continued to rub against Sowon’s hand, enjoying the attention more than usual. She used to blush whenever Sowon touched her ears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hm?”

Umji was curled on Sowon’s chest. Sowon sat slouched down in the couch, reading a book aloud to Umji. It wasn’t an interesting book at all, in fact it was Sowon’s English textbook.

“Why do you like hearing me fail at reading English?”

“I just do.”

“Such a baby savage.”

Rubbing in between Umji’s ears, Sowon grinned as Umji whined.

“Come on! Even I do better than you at English!”

“Aish! Stop hurting my heart! I need to get better anyways, reading aloud helps.”

Flipping the page, Sowon struggled to read it.

“Fu-rum heuh to thereuh.”

“From here to there.”

“Shush Yewonnie I’m trying!”

Sowon smiled as she ruffled Umji’s bangs gently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Haha!”

Umji had curled against Sowon’s mug, soaking in the warmth from the hot tea inside. Sowon was fixing her homework and had opted for a mug of tea and Umji wandered in. She usually was allowed in when Sowon was doing homework only if she didn’t distract her.

Looping her arm into the handle of the mug, Umji purred leaning her cheek on the edge, her tail flicking behind her.

Sowon carefully ran her hand through Umji’s hair, rubbing her scalp lightly.

“I’ll be done in a bit.”

“Mm.”

======

Wooooohoooo daily updatesssss that is until I run out of steam or my internet dies on me ;-; it died earlier and I panicked but it came back just in time :)