Party pt 1

Sowon's Children

Sowon left for a second, throwing away the trash before Nayeon arrived, the girl had been very excited about bringing her nukos to see Sowon’s house, she especially wanted to see their reaction to the complex trails within the house.

Yerin took a deep breath and held Yuju’s hand tightly, she couldn’t trust herself with holding SinB’s hand to become calm, so she had gone to Yuju. Yuju had smiled knowingly at her and welcomed her approach easily.

She rubbed Yerin’s back lightly as they waited for Sowon’s return.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

“Eh? Nayeon unnie arrived before Sowon returns.”

They knew because Sowon would have her keys. Taking care, Umji ran to the ladder to the peephole in the door. Peeking out, she saw that it was indeed Nayeon.

Jumping from her birdhouse perch under the peephole to the doorknob, she grabbed hold and dropped carefully unlocking the door.

“It’s unlocked!”

Nayeon carefully opened the door, reaching behind the door, she helped Umji back onto her bridge.

“Hey kids, where’s Sowon?”

“She’s out throwing away trash.”

Nayeon scooted in with her carrier suitcase behind. Her carrier was basically a mesh cage that had several floors and was just a portable hotel for Nayeon’s nukos.

“Don’t worry, I’m not letting them out until Sowon’s back.”

The doorknob turned and Nayeon grinned with Umji.

“Sowon unnie lookie!”

Sowon jumped, she really didn’t expect to return to her house and see Nayeon in her house.

“Oh my god! You scared me!”

“I let her in. I made sure to check the peephole.”

Sowon made a half smile, uncertain about Umji’s freedom in letting in Nayeon, sure, she knew Nayeon but she was still worried. She ruffled Umji’s hair before turning back to Nayeon.

“Hi, Nayeonnie.”

They briefly hugged before Nayeon squatted to her carrier.

“Are you kids ready to come out and see this spectacularly crafted home?”

“YES!/YAS/HURRY/IM WAITINGGG!”

“Shhh, calm down, don’t scare away your friends.”

Nayeon picked Mina up first, knowing that she wouldn’t shoot off in a random direction. Placing Mina delicately on the shelf near Yerin, she winked at her little silent penguin.

“Be nice Mina.”

Mina just nodded and looked at Yerin and the others silently.

Nayeon pat her head before turning to pick another nuko up.

“Chaeyoung ah, take care of Mina today okay?”

“Yes!”

Once Chaeyoung was set down on the shelf, she side-hugged Mina and waved to Umji and SinB.

“Hey!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon and Nayeon had tea in the kitchen as the nukos played, Yerin was holding Mina’s hand and leading her around the maze of bridges. Mina still didn’t say anything, which let Yerin be more comfortable.

“And here is the bathroom. Got that? If you need to go just let me know if you don’t remember how to get here.”

Mina nodded and gave a small smile. Yerin beamed a full-blown smile back at her. She was nice, she let Yerin pull around everywhere and gave beautiful smiles. SinB followed a distance away, staring jealously. Since earlier, Yerin hadn’t paid her any attention, sticking to Yuju and then taking Mina to go on a one on one tour.

Sowon picked up SinB by the back of her jacket.

“Why are you looking so sour in a Christmas party?”

SinB huffed and crossed her arms.

“Yerin unnie won’t look at me.”

“Oh? Should I tell her that?”

“No, I’ll get her attention on my own.”

Flicking her highlighted hair back in place she scrambled out of Sowon’s hand to go plot something.

Sowon chuckled and returned to the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“What do you guys usually do on Christmas?”

Umji rubbed her chin.

“Uhhh, nothing much. Singing carols around the Christmas tree and having hot chocolate. I tried eggnog once, it was terrible.”

“Then what are we going to do?”

“We’re making ornaments this time.”

Umji handed out sheets of paper and set out her drawing utensils.

“To the best artist!”

They cheered and began drawing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Sowon unnie, Nayeon unnie, be our judge! Which is prettier?”

Laid out in front of them was thirteen little ornaments.

  1. A cutie snowman with nuko ears
  2. A disproportionate Santa Claus
  3. A present with a tag that reads To: Sowon unnie
  4. A rose
  5. Four-leaf clover
  6. Smaller art of Yuju
  7. A poorly drawn Umji
  8. A very elongated Sowon
  9. A cutie Christmas tree
  10. A music note
  11. Piano
  12. A ring
  13. Star

“How am I supposed to pick? They’re all adorable.”

“Come on, pick one?”

Sowon shook her head and kissed Eunha’s cheek.

“Honey, there are times when a decision is uneeded.”

She pet Eunha’s ears lightly, eliciting the familiar purr. Umji stared jealously before making her way to Sowon’s other hand and began to nudge it lightly with her chin.

=================

I'm late by 41 minutes aigoo