Album

Sowon's Children

aw you guys make me feel fuzzy inside~ thank you~

====================

As Sowon put away the groceries, Umji had taken the other nukos to the office where Sowon kept all her work-related things and her books. Among the bookshelves however, there is one shelf that belonged to albums.

The lowest shelf on the fourth bookshelf was a collection of photos of Sowon and Umji ever since they were little.

Umji brought them over to familiarize the trio with Sowon even more. She pulled out her favorite album that had a purple and gold cover. The one that held pictures of a kid Sowon up to the moment she got Umji.

“Here guys, look at how small Sowon unnie was.”

They flipped open the first page, a picture of a toddler Sowon holding a baby rattle smacking at the camera person’s leg.

“She looks almost the same here.”

At the back of the book a much taller Sowon who was watching the doorway with wide eyes.

Umji smiled as they got to the last page.

There it was, the biggest picture in the album that needed its own separate sleeve, a picture of when Umji was placed in Sowon’s hands.

“You were even smaller!”

“You were as small as a thumb!”

Yerin stared intently at the picture, Umji looked where she was looking. Sowon’s face of complete adoration and joy at Umji in her hands. At the time, Umji didn’t remember too much but she was certain that it was the best day of her life, becoming Sowon’s. In the picture you could see that Umji’s little tail was curled around Sowon’s pinky and she was still unable to open her eyes.

“Do you have more pictures?”

She nodded and pulled the next one in the series, a blue and gold cover.

The first picture was of Umji propped against Sowon’s palm with one blue eye open. (Did you know all cats start with blue eyes?)

The next picture they cooed at was Sowon feeding Umji with a little bottle, Umji was blushing and not looking with them.

“You’re so cute!”

“Huh?”

Sowon walked in and casually picked up Umji, pecking her cheek quickly before sitting down on the ground with them.

“Oh, baby pictures? Yewon ah, were you embarrassed?”

Umji whined as Sowon ruffled her hair, tucking her into the crook of her elbow, Sowon watched from above the nukos, rubbing at Umji’s ears, causing a small purr. Umji closed her eyes, enjoying the sensation, the warmth from Sowon’s fingers that elicit the soft rumbling from her chest.

Sowon smiled as they flipped through the photos, giggling when she saw herself playing with a young Umji who couldn’t understand how.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They gathered on the couch together to watch Tangled, Sowon sat in the middle, her nukos all over her.

Umji sat on Sowon’s lap, Yuju and Eunha together under Sowon’s left arm, Yerin tucked into the crook of Sowon’s elbow, holding hands with Umji.

“Are any of you cold? Tell me immediately if you get cold, I’ll go get the blanket.”

“Mm.”

They watched intently, for Sowon though, this was the seventh time watching it with Umji. To Umji it was still very interesting but Sowon had long memorized the lines of the movie and was bored. Slowly falling asleep, she made sure if she did fall asleep, she wouldn’t fall on Yuju and Eunha.

After a while, Eunha had scooted forwards on the couch, in front of Yuju. But Yuju didn’t mind, often time, Eunha would do this to get her attention. Carefully putting her hands on Eunha’s back, she rubbed softly while watching the movie.

“No! Flynn!”

Sowon woke up and blearily looked around. Whew, everything was fine. Moving to rub Yerin’s ears, she discovered that Eunha and Yuju disappeared, checking the couch and around she missed them on the floor.

“Yuju? Eunha?”

“Yea?”

“Oh, you’re down there.”

Sowon noted not to step to her left if she needed to get up. Rubbing Yerin’s ears slowly, she turned her attention back to the movie, it was almost over. Soon, she would be able to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon turned off the tv quietly, she carefully held Umji with both hands and moved her sleeping body to the bedroom. Sowon had drifted off again but woke up in the ending credits, discovering that all her nukos had fallen asleep from the calm music.

Tucking Umji under her blanket, she sneaked back out to get the others.

“Sowon unnie?”

“Hm?”

Eunha had awoken mid walk and Sowon petted her hair to keep her drowsy.

“You’re really cool.”

“Thanks honey.”

She tucked Eunha in the basket, going back for Yuju who was last.

Sliding the tallest nuko in the basket, she’d have to shower in the morning since she didn’t want to wake them. Washing her face, Sowon sighed.

“Fighting, for now unnie’s money is helping pay the bulk of Eunha and Yuju’s expenses. Don’t worry.”

The amount Sowon’s unnie had sent to her bank account wasn’t enough and Sowon really didn’t want to ask for more. But the situation was and still is, money was a tight subject. She had to try and stretch it as far as she could. She wasn’t in danger of losing her home but she wasn’t going to be able to afford anything other than what she already had to maintain her lifestyle.

“Get another part time job, try to save money on electricity, less take out, fighting.”

Sowon patted her cheeks before heading to bed.

==================

So, kind of like Sowon's older sister has money, Sowon doesn't ask for it and she doesn't make much, currently tho I think its like Sowon has enough money to pay rent and buy food but in return she cannot buy anything else and slowly she will dip into her savings as a college student.