A trip to the roof

Sowon's Children

Umji woke up earlier than usual and yawned. Maybe it was the temperature?

She stretched a bit before rolling over on her side to survey the area.

Yup, Sowon was still not here, her mom in her usual spot. Yup, Yerin and SinB were still sharing Yerin’s blanket. Yup, Eunha and Yuju were in the basket curled together even if one is upside down again.

And also, yup, she missed Sowon a lot. Even though, they visited Sowon every day without fail, she still didn’t feel right not waking up next to Sowon. Given, most of the time she woke up when Sowon had already left for class; but the Sowon impression on the bed and her rushing through the doorway to make lunch in time, were the things Umji missed the most.

She rolled around on the pillow.

Was Sowon thinking of her too? Probably, scratch that, most likely.

Umji grinned thinking of Sowon, sure she missed her right now, but for sure she’d rather have Sowon healing at the hospital than here suffering silently because she never let Umji see her pain.

Just think of how much cuddling Sowon had building up for her. Sure, right now she has to take the raincheck until Sowon was released from the hospital, but every moment after will be the best.

“What are you grinning about to yourself so creepily?”

“Oh, good morning SinB. I was just thinking about Sowon unnie.”

“Oh.”

“You still haven’t made up your mind, right?”

“Mm.”

“Well, think of it this way. Would you be okay with never seeing Sowon unnie again?”

“I haven’t really thought about that, how is she in daily life? I do enjoy her presence but, as an owner I don’t know how to feel.”

Umji smiled softly, scooting closer to her same aged friend.

“Let me tell you about it. From the morning, she gets up to go to school or work, before she leaves, she puts out breakfast in the microwave for us to get when we wake up. We usually have no set wake up time but once I’m up, everyone else soon follows. And let me tell you about the fun we can have…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon smiled as her mother walked through the doorway with her nukos.

“Hey!”

“Hey unnie!”

Umji stepped up on the table to look Sowon as directly in the face as possible.

“Guess what.”

“What?”

“SinB has something to say.”

SinB stepped forwards, her hands fidgeting behind her back.

“I’m not saying I love you. You can leave all that to Yerin unnie. But, well, yes.”

“Yes?”

Umji bounced around SinB, her tail bouncing behind her.

“She’s saying yes to staying with us!”

Sowon grinned, lifting her good hand, she ruffled SinB’s highlighted hair, rubbing her ears lightly.

“Welcome to the family, Bi.”

“Thanks.”

Umji cheered like she had never done before. Sowon watched with her jaw slack in sheer awe at how Umji was behaving.

“I’M NOT THE ONLY ONE MY AGE WOOOOO!!”

Bursting out laughing, Sowon held her sides as carefully as she could, gods Umji was cute. Once Umji had calmed down some, she also laughed, rolling on her back and kicking her feet in the air, in fact no one wasn’t laughing. Even Yerin chuckled some.

“That was interesting, any other sides of you I haven’t seen Yewon ah?”

“Nope. That’s all. Hehe.”

Turning to Yerin Sowon scooped her up carefully, Yerin wasn’t heavy enough to hurt her arm further.

“Now, what SinB said earlier. You gonna tell me you love me today? I missed it the last few days.”

“U-uh, I-I-“

“It’s okay Yerin ah, you’re plenty cute. One day though, I hope we can be openly lovey dovey like Yewon and I.”

Yerin on impulse bit the palm of Sowon’s hand.

“Hm?”

“Don’t in-interrupt me! I was gonna say it!”

Sowon smiled, waiting patiently.

“Sowon unnie, I love you. Do you love me too?”

“Of course, I do.”

Smooching Yerin’s head, she ruffled the blonde locks before letting her down again.

Yuju stepped forwards.

“Sowon unnie you haven’t told me you love today either.”

“Ahaha, come’ere. Anyone who wants a kiss, line up.”

One by one, they exchanged a whispered secret between each nuko and Sowon, giggling childishly in joy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the afternoon, Sowon got the green light to start using a wheelchair, provided someone push her since her arms were not healed.

“Let’s go see the roof!”

With all her nukos hugged securely in her lap, Sowon was wheeled up to the roof by her mom.

“Sojung, tell me if anything feels wrong and I’ll bring us right back in okay?”

“I got it mom. It’s just an IV drip, I think I’ll be fine.”

“Alright hun.”

They sat together in the shade of a tree, this hospital roof wasn’t really the roof, this was like a balcony of sorts where patients could go relax, the real roof had a helipad for emergency landings.

“Don’t you guys just love the breeze?”

Hearing no response, Sowon looked down. Her nukos were all asleep, if not on their way to the dreamland.

SinB held Yerin’s tail in one hand, Yerin’s hands balled in Sowon’s hospital gown, Umji curled one hand also hanging on Sowon’s gown, Yuju was curled with Eunha, her tail securely holding the smaller nuko to her.

Rubbing the base of Eunha’s ears, she felt the rumbling begin in Eunha’s chest.

“Why are you not sleeping?”

“Hm? I like laying here and doing nothing more than laying and sleeping.”

“Hm, that’s unique.”

“Yup.”

Sowon continued to rub as the purr died away as Eunha fell asleep.

=====================

Whew, I almost thought I wouldn't get one out today. I had a really late midterm and then a group project meeting to attend. Thank goodness I had enough content in my head that it just flowed like water when typing. More fluff tomorrow, I have plans for extreme amounts of fluff, if you have anywhere you want to see the nukos and Sowon to go or do something let me know! I'd be happy to write it in for you.