Can I go home yet

Sowon's Children

Sowon whined as her mother entered the room.

“Mom, when am I going to get discharged?”

“Not soon honey. You still need to heal your ribs.”

“But I don’t even feel them.”

“Do you want me to tell them to stop giving you pain killers?”

“No.”

“That’s what I thought.”

“I just want to go home and play with my nukos. Speaking of which, where are they today?”

“I left them to sleep some more. Told’em I was just going out for groceries and came here.”

Sowon giggled, her mom tricking her nukos was a funny thing. Her kids were and always will be gullible and she’d not want it to be another other way since she was pretty certain that they’d only talk with her anyways. Sure, Umji talked with the birds outside on the veranda, but they never came close enough for Sowon to worry.

“Well, now that I’ve confirmed that you’re awake, I’ll go grocery shopping and then bring them here. I’ll bring lunch for us to eat together okay hun?”

“Okay.”

Sowon sat there in silence after her mother left. There was nothing to do but lay there and let her body repair itself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Yerin unnie, wake up!”

Umji yanked the blanket off Yerin’s back and tossed it onto the bed, trying to wake the eldest nuko.

“Wake up I said!”

SinB watched in mild amusement as she watched the blonde nuko twitch but fail to wake. With a half-smile on her face she continued to watch.

Yuju peeked out of the basket, arms hanging loosely over the edge, her chin sitting atop the edge.

“Good morning everyone.”

“Good morning Yuju unnie.”

Umji patted Yerin’s back one more time before giving up.

“Yuju unnie could you since a good morning song or something to wake Yerin unnie up? Oh and Eunha unnie if she’s not awake.”

A black tail swished behind Yuju.

“I’m up, just too lazy to get up like Yuna.”

“Great. Yerin unnie you’re the last one! Come on! Wake UP!”

Umji rolled the sleeping Yerin onto her side then rolled her over again, pushing her off the pillow onto the blankets.

Blinking, Yerin finally woke up.

“Huh? How’d I get over here?”

She rubbed at her face before leaning on the closest nuko.

“Good morning to you.”

“Ah good morning SinB.”

“Did you sleep well Yerin unnie?”

“Yep, you?”

“Perfectly fine.”

When Yerin yawned again, SinB stared at Yerin’s canines, would her’s grow to be that sharp later?

Catching SinB’s stare, Yerin shuffled a bit away.

“Ah, recently I’ve been getting the urge to bite things. But I’m almost certain that my teething stage was a long time ago.”

Umji perked up.

“A long time ago? Does that mean I’m getting there?”

“Maybe.”

Umji grinned, talking with a not fully awake Yerin unnie was fun, she spoke more and was more open. Once Yerin washed her face though, she’d become fully awake and not talk as much, returning to her timid persona.

(in this case for nukos since there is real information you can find on the internet, I’ll just make it up.)

The current stages of teething for the nukos are that Yerin is done with her teething, Eunha finished teething before Sowon had picked her up, Yuju is beginning to teeth and Umji and SinB aren’t at that stage yet. Consider this as a second teething stage, the first being when their baby teeth grow in and this second one is to increase length and sharpness.

“Well, let’s get ready for our day anyways.”

“I don’t want to move.”

“Eunha you need to get up though, I don’t want to leave you.”

“But I want to sleep some more.”

“We need to go see Sowon unnie.”

Umji pouted.

“Don’t you miss Sowon unnie? I start missing her the moment I can’t see her face.”

“I do miss her, it’s just she’s there and I’m here and okay I’m getting up.”

They walked across the bridges together, SinB holding Yerin’s hand since Yerin seemed to tilt a bit whilst walking. Perhaps her balancing needs work when she’s not fully awake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuju back hugged Umji in the basket as they sat there in the taxi, waiting to arrive at the hospital.

“Umji yah, Eunha doesn’t show it often, but she loves Sowon a lot too.”

“Mm, I mean who doesn’t? Sowon unnie is perfect.”

“Haha, there you go praising her again. I just felt you might have gotten angry this morning.”

“Ah, no. Eunha unnie did get up in the end so I’m fine with it.”

“Really? Okay, then this will be a little present for you.”

“A present?”

“Yup, a little secret Eunha told me was that she thinks you’re the cutest nuko she’s ever seen.”

“What? Has she seen the other nukos?”

“Of course! We’ve met many a nuko in our travels.”

“I guess so, sorry.”

“It’s okay.”

“You know, Yuju unnie.”

“What is it?”

“You tend to give off a mom feeling. Other than Sowon unnie, I feel like I can rely on you.”

Yuju hummed against Umji’s ears, tickling them lightly with her breath.

Eunha was sat next to Yerin and SinB who had decided that they wanted to sit properly for once.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Sowon unnieeee!”

The nukos hopped out of the baskets as quick as they could to reach Sowon. Umji sat on Sowon’s lap, holding Yerin’s hand as Yerin stood leaning against Sowon’s thigh.

“Hey kids, today we get to have lunch together! It’s been a while since we last had that.”

Eunha cheered form her spot next to SinB who had decided that the best spot on the bed still remains the crack between Sowon’s body and the mattress. Eunha had wanted to try out how it felt to be pressed against Sowon so intimately in that space but SinB beat her to it so she settled with sitting next to her.

“We’re having samgyetang!”

“Eh?”

Sowon’s mother laughed, she had expected that.

“It’s for Sowon only, you guys can have some, but I made you guys fish fillet.”

 “Hurray!”

Sowon frowned, this would make the second day in a row that her nukos had fried fish.

“Mom, no more fried fish for lunch. It’s not healthy.”

===================

I'm glad this fic makes you feel better, it makes me happy when I see you guys enjoying it when really this is just me rambling on and on about a reality that doesn't exist. Love you~