A relaxing morning

Sowon's Children

Sowon yawned as her body woke up from its deep slumber. Stretching her better arm, she grunted as she bumped into the wall. Next week she’d be able to take off the right arm cast and then another week later, her left cast should be changed to a simple sling instead of a hard one.

Her leg cast would take longer.

She hummed as she shifted around in bed. Rearranging her blanket around her, she found Yerin tucked in the blanket with her.

“Hm?”

She looked over where she saw Yerin fall asleep the night before and saw SinB still there, under Yerin’s blanket. How did Yerin end up here?

Poking lightly at Yerin’s cheek, Sowon grinned as the little blond bit her finger. Wiggling her finger free, she Yerin’s ears. Today she was going to give everyone haircuts, and that meant Yerin had to expose herself to the others. Of course, if she were more able, she would have cut their hair separately but since she was unable to work at maximum function, she needed to cut their hair all in a row. Maybe she could cut Yerin’s last?

The last time Sowon had seen Yerin’s back was when she first let her have a shower in the sink. Even the thought of the marks on Yerin’s little back made Sowon sad. Carefully, she rubbed Yerin’s back, as if soothing the past pains.

Yerin purred lightly in her sleep, a lazy smile growing on her face. Sowon smiled gently as she continued to pat Yerin’s back.

“Un.”

Sowon glanced over at the pillow, who had woken up?

A set of brown ears twitched, flicking some highlighted hair back in place as she stretched.

“Eung?”

SinB blinked, wasn’t there supposed to be someone next to her? She was pretty sure she had fallen asleep next to Yerin yesterday.

“Psst.”

SinB turned around a full circle to face Sowon, bowing her good morning quickly.

“Good morning Sowon unnie.”

“Good morning Bi.”

Sowon gently rubbed at the base of SinB’s ears, eliciting a happy purr from the cute odd eyed nuko.

“What are we doing today?”

“You’re all getting a haircut.”

“Do I have to?”

“Yes. I’m good with scissors, are you afraid of me messing up your style?”

SinB shook her head lightly, her ears flicking.

“No, I just don’t like the snipping sound.”

Sowon was reminded that SinB came from perhaps a lab where they bred nukos together over and over again. She frowned, SinB didn’t deserve to be terrified of scissor sounds, just like Yerin didn’t deserve to be terrified of human interactions.

“I’ll be quick.”

“Thanks.”

Running her hand down SinB’s tail, she giggled as SinB’s tail curled around her wrist as far as it could go.

“Unnie, do you know why I’m particularly attached to Yerin unnie?”

“Hm? Do you feel that way?”

“Mm, she fills my mind more than the others. Is it because there’s something special she’s doing?”

“Yerin isn’t doing anything special, she’s just an average nuko just like you.”

“But then why do you think she attracts me so?”

Sowon smiled, she would encourage SinB, but as an older sister, she wanted SinB to figure it out on her own.

“Bi, if you feel like she makes you happy, then just make her happy too.”

“I guess so. I probably shouldn’t question these things, should I?”

“Don’t think too hard.”

“Mm.”

Sowon giggled as Umji rolled in her sleep, bumping into SinB’s back.

“Eh? SinB?”

Umji rubbed her eyes as they focused on the odd eyed cat.

“What are you doing all the way over here?”

“I came over here because Sowon unnie and Yerin unnie are here. Is there any other particular reason I should have?”

Sowon watched worriedly at their cold exchange, checking each nuko’s face, she couldn’t tell if they meant to pick fights with each other.

Sowon’s frown disappeared once Umji giggled, breathing a sigh of relief.

“Haha! Look at her cold face!”

SinB grinned, they had a running joke about this, and Umji was supposed to be helping her get better at showing her emotions. Especially because she didn’t want to hurt Yerin again.

“Geez, I almost thought your two were going to pounce on each other.”

“I would never!”

“Sorry.”

Sowon apologized and tickled under their chins, causing them to rub against her hand.

“Why is it so noisy this morning?”

Yerin yawned, one hand rubbing her eye the other holding her tail. Spotting SinB, she threw her arm over the younger’s shoulder.

Giving a quick kiss to SinB’s cheek, she greeted them.

“Good morning everyone~.”

Sowon grinned.

“What’s this? SinB gets a kiss but I don’t?”

Yerin giggled and toddled over to Sowon in her half-awake stupor. Grabbing hold of Sowon’s hand, she smooched it several times.

“There.”

Sowon chuckled at the ticklish sensation, tucking all three of the nukos to her stomach as she lay on her side.

“I love you guys.”

“We love you too Sowon unnie.”

A beautiful voice broke the calm morning as Yuju sang I love you by 2ne1.

“I love you~”

Sowon giggled as Yuju continued to sing, Eunha joining in a bit later with her tired voice. She wasn’t fully awake yet.