Let the fluff train begin once more

Sowon's Children

Throughout the week Sowon frowned at her phone when the same number called her and yet said nothing, so one time she didn’t say anything when she picked up.

“Eung? It says it’s connected?”

“Eh?”

Sowon grinned as they cut the line and called again.

“Eunha yah.”

She heard a shriek and the line cut. Laughing she held her sides as her coworkers stared at her in the break room.

She had been rehired at the coffee shop from before the accident and her second part time job was sorting old books out of the donation box or shelves of the library. Usually these positions were filled by senior volunteer workers but the one in charge of the volunteers quit so they were on hold and in their desperation to keep the library in style, they hired part time workers.

Soon they’d figure out how to redo the senior volunteering system and she’d be without a part time job.

(I don’t think Korea does this? In my city we have a thing called friends of the library which is a volunteer group of seniors that help the library with donations and book sales of books the library decides not to carry anymore. Most of the time, they enlist high schoolers when they don’t have enough people.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Kids! I’m home!”

Sowon grinned as Umji ran up to her on her bridges.

“Welcome home!”

Picking Umji up from the bridge she sat down on the couch gathering Yerin and SinB along the way.

“Remember I told you about this phone call from someone who kept calling and not saying anything?”

“Yea?”

“Today I tricked them into saying things first.”

“Who was it?”

“Eunha and Yuju.”

“REALLY?”

Umji stared at her with wide eyes, was it really her same aged unnies?

“Really, because when they dialed a second time, I immediately answered by saying Eunha and they panicked and cut it off again.”

SinB laughed, rolling on her back as Yerin smiled watching her.

“Fools! They should have said more!”

Sowon smiled but her happiness dimmed as she thought about it.

That phone number was not in her contact books, so it wasn’t her sister’s home phone or cell phone.

Dialing her sister’s number, she waited for her to pick up.

“Hello? Unnie? It’s me Sojung.”

“Eh? Sojungie? Why are you calling me so early in the morning?”

“Morning? It’s almost dinner time.”

She smiled lightly as Yerin’s stomach growled a bit and she looked down at her stomach patting it lightly like it was a pet that got angry.

Rubbing Yerin’s head, she listened as her sister yawned and moved about.

“Oh, right. I’m in America.”

“EH?”

“Right, right I forgot something was it this? Yea, I’m in America it’s like 2 am.”

Sowon panicked as the phone number made sense to her.

“Unnie where is Eunha and Yuju.”

“Huh? Oh, was that the important thing I forgot to tell you? A few days ago, I returned them to the store.”

Sowon dropped her phone and grabbed her wallet. Grabbing her phone again she yelled at her sister, scaring Yerin slightly.

“WHY? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT WHEN YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I CARE FOR THEM?”

“Shhhh calm down, I was so busy that I thought it’d be better for them to have a better owner.”

“ASDFGHJKL, they’ve gone through so many stores I don’t even know if they moved stores again! Why didn’t you just give them to me?”

“Ah. That’s why you’re angry. Um. Sorry, you just didn’t cross my mind when I was working. It’s just I saw them being all sad and I thought maybe it wasn’t a good idea to keep them if I wasn’t able to keep them happy.”

“Shut up unnie! I can’t believe you.”

She threw her phone into her bag and hailed a taxi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bursting through the glass doors of the nuko store, Sowon made a beeline for the wall of nukos.

Spotting pitch black ears she stepped closer noticing a second nuko in the same cubby.

Pulling the door open, she quickly grabbed the two nukos to face her.

“WOAH!”

“Hi.”

They stared at each other. The store owner was about to burst a gasket, she knew that Sowon was a really doting nuko owner and didn’t expect her to so roughly pull two nukos out of their cubbies.

“S-Sowon unnie?”

“Yes?”

“Wh-what are you doing here?”

She carried them over to the cashier.

“I’m taking the two of them.”

“Would you like to fill out their forms right today?”

“Yes.”

She had done SinB’s papers the day she had refilled the medicines cabinet and the lady remembered talking to Sowon about it.

The two same-aged nukos stared at Sowon as she filled out the form.

Yuju whispered to Eunha secretly.

“Did she get prettier?”

“Shhh, I’m still admiring her.”

Sowon smiled as she heard it, Yuju wasn’t very good at whispering and neither was Eunha.

Turning in the forms she thanked the store owner and left for home, her two nukos rightfully in her hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the bus they refused to talk to Sowon but Sowon kept trying.

“I just want to tell you that I’m sorry.”

They looked up at her.

“I didn’t mean to hurt you guys that day. I just didn’t expect them to attack that way and I didn’t mean for those words to come out the way they did.”

Her thumb was rubbing softly against their backs, creating a soothing feeling.

“And now I want to tell you, that I care for you just as if you were mine at that time. Now you are truly mine and I wouldn’t love you guys any other way. You hear me? You’re not going to get special treatment just because I filled your papers.”

Sowon hummed to herself the rest of the bus ride. As she approached the door, Yuju spoke up.

“I figured as much.”

“Hm?”

“Eunbi you freaked out at the wrong time.”

“Eh? How is this my fault?”

“Saranghaeyo Sowon unnie~”

“Me too!”

Sowon smiled and kissed their cheeks.

“Mm, I love you two too.”

========================

oh jeez this is a really big mess...uhhh.....I'll just go back to fluff now....