Party pt. 2

Sowon's Children

Once everyone was settled with their own cup of hot chocolate, they gathered around the mini Christmas tree as Sowon put each ornament on the tree, finishing it off by clipping a store-bought star at the top.

“There, it’s complete.”

They cheered and Nayeon had to smack Sana on the bottom for bouncing around.

“Stop, you’ll spill something.”

“Sowwy.”

Ruffling Sana’s bangs, Nayeon let the nuko be, sipping her hot tea carefully. Later she and Sowon planned on cooking the feast together, the menu being roast beef and potatoes.

“Are you guys having fun?”

“Mm, definitely.”

Jihyo leaned against her owner, humming lightly. She was used to taking naps in the afternoons and she hadn’t taken one since they had arrived, now feeling a bit drowsy.

“Hm? Jihyo yah, do you need to sleep?”

“Mm.”

She blinked twice before nodding her head. Sowon grinned and led Nayeon to the bedroom, they tucked her in the basket and pushed the door slightly closed, it wouldn’t close all the way because of the bridges going in and out of the doorway.

Sowon had a plan when she moved into her own apartment after graduating to put separate holes in the wall for the bridges. Then she’d be able to close the human door and the nuko door would be open.

“Have you even thought of moving into a house instead of a house?”

“Hm? No I haven’t, I don’t think I’d land a good enough job to pay it off.”

“And if I wanted to promote you?”

“What?”

Sowon looked at her friend. What was she trying to do?

“Think of this as an offer. Think right now, I am not your friend, right now, I am your boss. You are a great worker and I’d really like for you to keep working in my business.”

Sowon stared at Nayeon.

“I know you’ve only been an assistant and a cashier person, you know how to make good coffee, and honestly you have a great personality. I’m not giving a biased opinion here. I’ve been looking for a secretary for when I inherit the higher position from my dad.”

Sowon was going to shake her head no but Nayeon stopped her by grabbing her shoulder.

“Please, as a higher up I really want your skills. As a friend I just want your support. Okay?”

“I’ll think about it.”

“Also, the side job for being my secretary is taking care of my nukos. I love them so much that my dad lets me take them to work. You’ll have to deal with them when I’m in meeting. Keep that in mind. Thanks, Sojung ah.”

Sowon just smiled back. She really needed to think about this one. It would be great to have a job that worked with Nayeon, but then again, she really didn’t want the job if it was truly because of Nayeon’s influence.

“Let’s get cooking then, think about it later Sojung.”

“I know Nayeonnie.”

They hugged briefly and left for the kitchen. Jihyo smiled under her blanket, she hadn’t fallen asleep yet and heard the conversation. She was all for Sowon to work with Nayeon, she had taking a liking to the taller human since the last get together they had. Sowon had been particularly nice and fun to be around.

“I hope she takes the job.”

She yawned and flopped over to her stomach, she slept better that way after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Everyone, dig in!”

“Cheers!”

They dug into their food together, loving how tasty the meat was. Yerin carefully scooped the mashed potatoes, not wanting to look messy in front of guests, however this alerted Sowon on accident.

“Huh? Yennie, you’re not stuffing your face like usual, are you not hungry?”

Yerin blushed before shoving a scoop in .

“I’m fine.”

Sowon smiled and pat her small blond head.

“That’s great.”

SinB scooted closer to Yerin holding a napkin, she wiped the corner of Yerin’s mouth.

“You’re getting it everywhere.”

Yerin blushed harder and scooted back from SinB. The younger nuko did not back down, instead leaning closer, following Yerin until she had her unnie pinned to the wall.

“Why are you avoiding me Yerin unnie?”

Their faces were very close and Yerin had trouble keeping a straight face.

“I-I uh, i-it wasn’t on purpose.”

“Really?”

SinB leaned closer, staring straight into Yerin’s eyes.

“Tell me the truth.”

===============

And tomorrow the last part of the party~