crowded

Sowon's Children

Omg no, how are you typing if you're dead? Poltergeists! Enjoy!

p.s. if you see those stairs don't go, if you get chased by a reaper because you spent way too much time on gfriend run for it lol.

====================

Sowon pushed open the door of the nuko adoption center and immediately walked to the counter, she knew she had a weakness to seeing the nukos in their play pens, and she really couldn’t afford another one.

“Um, excuse me?”

“Yes, how may I help you?”

“I’m here to pick up two nukos, my older sister couldn’t make it.”

“Ah, then you are Kim Sojung?”

“Yes.”

“I’ll be right back with them; did you bring a carrier?”

“Ah, no I didn’t.”

“Alright, then I will give you a paper one.”

Sowon waited and couldn’t help but peek over into the pen. Holding in a squeal, she tore her eyes away. Gosh those little ones are so cute.

“Sojung-ssi?”

“Yes.”

She stepped up to the counter once more and signed the release forms for the little nukos.

“Ah, did they have names?”

“All their information is on the card in the box, your sister did mention naming the taller one Yuju and the smaller one Eunha.”

“Thank you.”

“Have a nice day.”

Sowon didn’t dare look inside, for now, she needed to get home. Sighing, she boarded the bus, holding the paper box to her chest, careful not to jostle it. As the bus came to a red light, Sowon grumbled as the driver made a screeching halt causing the bus to lurch forwards. Why couldn’t people drive safer? There were tiny nukos on board for goodness sake.

Arriving home, Sowon knocked on the door before opening the door. She had made lunch for Yerin and Umji before rushing out to pick these two up. She hadn’t had her lunch yet.

Entering the doorway and shutting the door behind her, Sowon carefully set the box on the table. Umji and Yerin ran over, curious.

Sowon took a breath, why in the world did her sister have to get two nukos who had never even seen her sister in their lives and then get an overseas business meeting? Nuko’s were not allowed to fly out of the country due to the underdeveloped security checks that couldn’t check nukos yet.

“Okay, so I’m going to open the box now.”

She pulled open the flaps and revealed their two new residents for the next month.

(Ah, I forgot to describe them. Oops. Umji has her light brown hair from fingertip era, Yerin is blond.)

One nuko hopped out of the box and stared at Yerin’s blond locks, she stepped closer and closer to Yerin like a curious child.

“Yuna! Stop it! You’re scaring her.”

The second nuko struggled over the flap of the box, her bob cut bouncing as she walked over. Sowon reached into the box and pulled out their info card.

“Eunbi and Yuna same age different date, Umji yah you have two more unnies.”

“Aw man.”

Umji pouted slightly slouching in her position. She watched the two nukos interact with each other, Yerin inching closer to Umji in slight terror of the taller nuko.

Sowon then suddenly intercepted Yuna’s advance on Yerin.

“Hey, hey. Don’t scare her okay?”

Sowon then picked up Yuna carefully, bringing her to eye contact level.

“Hi, I’m Sowon, I heard Eunbi call you Yuna but I’m sorry. My sister was supposed to get you guys, she even picked new names for you. From today on, you are Yuju.”

Yuju looked crestfallen, she had liked her name, her little black ears flat on the top of her head. Sowon sighed and rubbed Yuju’s head lightly.

“Sorry.”

Putting down Yuju, Sowon picked up Eunbi.

“Does that mean I have a new name too?”

“I’m sorry, but from today on, you are Eunha.”

Sowon patted her head too before setting her back on the table.

“I’m Umji. You can call me Yewon if you want to.”

Yerin was now hiding behind Umji as Yuju had cautiously walked closer to Yerin after being placed back on the table.

“This unnie is your unnie too, she’s Yerin.”

Yuju’s eyes sparkle.

“Yerin unnie, I’ve never had an unnie before.”

“Yah! I’m older than you!”

“But, you’re not really unnie like Eunbi.”

Yuju’s hand shot up to when she realized she used the wrong name.

“Ah, Eunha.”

Sowon smiled softly.

“If you want, think of it as a nickname here. I’ll let my sister deal with calling you whatever names.”

Yuju took another step to Yerin, Sowon watched carefully in case Yerin had a panic or something but wanted Yerin to relax some more since Yuju and Eunha would be living with them for the next month.

“Yerin unnie?”

Yerin took a step back and nearly fell off the table and Sowon immediately reached over and caught the little blonde.

“Careful Yerin ah.”

Yerin clung to Sowon’s shirt unwillingly, she was still scared of Sowon but she was currently more scared of Yuju’s actions than her owner.

Yuju’s tail drooped and her ears flattened when she noticed Yerin’s look of fear. Umji looked between her and Yerin quickly, unsure of what to do.

“Yuju unnie, er, what do you like?”

“Me? Singing and dancing.”

“Really? Sing a song for me please.”

Sowon smiled when Umji said please with a little tilt of her head. Her little maknae was the cutest around.

Yuju began to sing beautifully and Yerin looked at Yuju with undivided attention, she was good.

Sowon smiled and rubbed Yerin’s head slowly, glancing at the clock she nearly jumped. Rushing to put Yerin on the table, she ran around the house grabbing the things she needed for her afternoon classes.

“Sowon unnie?”

The nukos all stopped whatever they were doing watching Sowon go crazy looking for her things.

“I really have to go. Please be nice, don’t scare Yerin, she scares easily and play nice okay? Umji give them a tour and Yerin try to become closer okay? They’ll be your housemates for a while.”

She pressed a quick kiss to Umji’s cheek and caressed Yerin’s cheek, patting both the new resident’s heads before rushing out the door.

Umji had an outstretched hand that retreated when the door locked.

“Unnie didn’t have lunch yet.”