Where are they?!

Sowon's Children

Sowon stumbled her way to the window sticking her head out to see why it was open. Catching a glimpse of blond hair, she focused her sights there. A man dressed in black was carrying Yerin away, was SinB and Umji in his hands too?

“Yah! SinB!”

Sowon ran back through her apartment intending to run after the guy.

“Unnie! Call the police! It’s a nukonapping!” (As in kidnapping but for nukos not literally nukos sleeping.)

Her sister quickly dialed the police whilst Sowon ran out the front door, ignoring the fact that she still had a cast and wasn’t wearing shoes.

“Stop right there!”

Sowon had managed to get down fast enough to see the guy turn the corner with her long legs but after the corner she couldn’t see the guy again.

Picking a side, she hobbled down it to look for the man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Unnie! How am I supposed to live?! I let him get away! Yewon must be so scared!”

Sowon cried and cried in her sister’s arms, Eunha and Yuju watched close by, also tearing up at the news of their missing friends.

Once Sowon had cried herself dry, Eunha scooted into her lap, pulling Sowon’s hand on her head, nuzzling into it, trying to cheer Sowon up, but all Sowon could manage a broken smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SinB panicked, she didn’t expect for them to find her so quickly. Shivering slightly, she held onto Yerin’s hand tightly and pulled Umji to her side. Somehow, she was going to send them back, whether with her or not.

Gathering her strength, she sunk her nails into the man’s hands, he had gloves, but she had kept her nails uncut for a good reason. Piercing through the black leather, she grinned as she heard a cry of pain. Grabbing Yerin and Umji’s hand she immediately yanked them out of his grip, landing lightly on the ground.

“Follow me!”

The ran into the alleyways and hid behind a dumpster.

“Quiet, they’ll be listening.”

As SinB sweated from her exhilaration, this reminded her of the day she made her escape and indirectly hurt Sowon.

Frowning, her grip on Yerin’s hand tightened. Yerin was shaking a bit in fear but with SinB’s strong grip, she felt a little better.

Ear’s twitching, they listening as the grumbling men walked away from their area.

Escaping into the darkness as the day progressed, SinB tried to figure out how far from home they were.

“Umji do you know where we are?”

“I think so, it’s a few ways away from home though. I heard Sowon unnie calling your name. Do you think she knows who did it?”

“Maybe.”

“A-are we going to make it home?”

SinB side hugged Yerin quickly, making sure that Yerin had enough energy to keep moving.

“Of course.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Any idea who could have done this? Any enemies?”

“No, my daughter is a really good kid. She doesn’t make many friends because she always comes home for her nukos. But she’s never made any enemies.”

Sowon looked up as a thought hit her.

“That guy that hit me. He was one of the people who were involved in trafficking nukos!”

The policemen stared at her.

“Go on.”

“SinB told me that she saw the guy who was chasing her talking to the driver of the car that hit me! Since they paid for my hospital fees with no question I thought it was suspicious!”

“Thank you miss, we will begin our search immediately.”

Sowon collapsed against the couch, tears falling again.

Eunha yelped as a drop landed on her head.

“Sorry Eunha yah.”

Sowon rubbed Eunha gently, Yuju holding Sowon’s pinky lightly. Sowon’s sister sat down next to her, handing a cup of hot chocolate.

“Drink, you need some energy.”

Cupping Yuju into her hands, Sowon’s unnie scratched behind Yuju’s ears lightly. But no matter where or what they did. Yuju and Eunha would not purr. Not even in their momentary bliss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SinB panted as she pulled Umji along, the younger nuko growing tired quickly.

“We need to find a safe place to rest.”

Leading them to a bush within bushes, she tucked Yerin against Umji and they rested. She refused to fall asleep, keeping watch over the other two nukos. Brushing their fringe out of their eyes, she whispered.

“I’m sorry for getting you involved.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon stared lifelessly as she waited. She waited and waited. Unable to think of anything but her missing nukos.

“Miss, we have good news and bad news.”

She looked up immediately, staring into the officer’s soul.

“The good news is we caught the guy who took them.”

Sowon frowned, then what could be the bad news?

“The bad news is he lost them. They managed to escape him and run away. We have no idea where they could be.”

Sowon’s face dropped. Slumping against the couch, she sat there until an idea popped into her mind.

“I need to go out.”

She ran out the door, forgetting that Eunha was tucked into the hood of her jacket.

“Wah!”

Eunha scooted further into the hood, holding tightly to the edge.

“Unnie?”

“I’m looking for Umji and the others, hang tight.”

“I’ll watch your back unnie.”

Pulling Eunha for a chaste kiss to the cheek, Sowon thanked her before putting her back into her pocket.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was past midnight and Yerin had woken up again, Umji’s hold on her arm woke her up.

“Umji?”

SinB turned quickly to look at them.

“I-I’m scared of the dark.”

SinB dragged her hand on her face and sighed. Scooting closer to them, she tucked the smaller nuko into her side.

“It’s okay, we’re both here for you. If you want, we can move to a brighter place, and maybe move closer in the direction of home.”

Walking out of the alleyway, they realized they were next to a convenience store that Sowon sometimes went to.

“Ah! This is where Sowon gets her special chocolate!”

Umji pointed at the bar in the window.

“She only buys them on a birthday or on valentine’s day. Never any other time.”

They smiled a little at the thought of their home and unnie.

==========================

And another update later~

It's never that simple~ ehehehe