What they do when Sowon's out

Sowon's Children

Geez, all you are saying you're dying but I still see you commenting, what jokesters you are~ ❤︎ 

=========================

Sowon grumbled as her alarm rang her awake, it was Monday and school was going to start within the hour. She stretched her arms up above her head, knocking into the wall a bit before flopping back down on the bed. She smiled seeing Yerin curled up under her blanket properly and grinned when she saw Umji’s blanket barely hanging on.

“Good morning girls~.”

She kissed both of their cheeks, before getting off the bed to get ready. Her kids could sleep in if they wanted to but she definitely couldn’t. Shuffling to the bathroom, she got ready for her day, she’d be out until one in the afternoon and then gone back to school at two till five at night.

Making breakfast for herself, Sowon hummed wondering what to make for her kids. More scrambled eggs? She shrugged to herself, chewing her scrambled eggs and pulling out more eggs from the fridge. She’d leave them in their bowls in the microwave for them to heat.

Grabbing her bag and materials, she set them by the door before moving back to the bedroom.

“I’ll see you at lunch.”

Petting their soft hair lightly, Sowon kissed Umji’s cheek once more, Yerin had her stomach hiding her face in fetal position. Sowon chuckled and kissed her back, giggling when Yerin’s tail smacked her face in annoyance.

She left the room grabbing her things and left for school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Umji woke up later, rubbing her eyes she looked around the room, pouting when she didn’t see Sowon. She then looked for Yerin who was apparently not on the pillow near her.

“Yerin unnie?”

She stumbled off the pillow onto the bed and tumbled into a lump that squeaked as she bumped into it.

“Yerin unnie?”

Umji checked under the blanket to discover Yerin was curled under the big comforter that Sowon used.

Yerin blinked as the light hit her face, Umji had opened the blinds.

“Umji yah, how are you so lively in the morning?”

“Yerin unnie how are you so talkative when Sowon unnie isn’t here?”

They stared each other down before quickly dissolving into giggles.

“It’s okay, I get that you’re scared of humans, especially since Sowon unnie is really tall.”

“I don’t actually know why you’re up so early though.”

“I don’t know, it’s an internal clock. I always get up around now.”

Umji climbed from her perch on the window sill to the desk back to the bed.

“Come on, let’s go brush our teeth and see what’s for breakfast.”

Yerin groaned as Umji pulled her along the ramp to the rope ladder. Climbing up the ladder and walking across the bridge connecting to the bathroom, Yerin was not awake enough to be scared.

Umji reached the counter first and pulled open the box at the inner corner of the counter.

“Here, pick your tooth brush.”

In the tin box, Sowon had kept the tons of nuko tooth brushes she got for free whenever Umji went to the dentist and had no cavities.

Yerin picked a yellow one and followed Umji over to their tiny nuko toothpaste dispenser. Holding the toothbrush under the tube opening, Umji stepped on the button lightly before moving to the sink to brush her teeth, Yerin following after.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin watched as Umji arranged their little bowls inside the microwave and pressing the large buttons for the time needed to warm their tiny bowls then running far away from the microwave pulling Yerin away with her.

“Why are we running away from the microwave? It’s not a boiled egg, it won’t explode.”

“Oh, it’s nothing but Sowon’s mom had told me and Sowon unnie that the radiation from the microwave makes you stupid, so I run from it all the time. I don’t want to become stupid.”

Yerin laughed, there was no way the radiation actually made you stupid, it would cause problems if you were exposed to the radiation at long times but that was the problem with all radiations.

“Don’t laugh, even if it’s just a few seconds at a time, think about how much time you spend in front of a microwave for the rest of your life! It WILL make you stupid slowly!”

Yerin stopped laughing, the nuko had a point, it may be a little bit at a time but overall when you add them together that was a quite large amount of radiation. She paled at the thought.

“D-don’t worry about it! I’m going to live a very long life.”

Umji giggled as the microwave dinged and she returned to grab the bowls of scrambled eggs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So, what should we do?”

“I don’t know, what do you usually do?”

“I walk around the entire house and check the ramps and rails and shelves for dust and spider webs then I play with my toys and then sooner or later Sowon unnie comes back for lunch and so on.”

Yerin nodded following after Umji’s round of checking her walkways. They trekked through all the paths between the rooms and checked all the little cat cubbies and towers. Umji swabbed some places with her cleaning rag when she deemed them dirty while Yerin watched. She thought she herself was really tidy but seeing Umji nitpick at different little things, she felt like she had found one of her kin, the clean and tidy people.

After their round, Umji pulled Yerin into Sowon’s office room where she kept her toys in a drawer that they could pull open. Using a small step ladder, Umji popped into the drawer and fished out toys to play with Yerin.

A small marble, a small ball and even a doll. They didn’t have that many toys but their jungle gym made up for it when they played tag and hide n’ seek.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon stumbled in the doorway holding her cellphone to her ear.

Umji and Yerin ran over to the doorway both a little hungry for lunch when they heard Sowon talking a bit angrier into the phone.

“Why didn’t you know before you got them?!”

They watched in terror as Sowon dropped her things off in her office and her face was darkened in slight rage.

“I don’t care about the money, think about their feelings! Of course, I’ll go get them, I’m not that cruel. Yes, unnie. I hope you have a good trip. No, my bank account number hasn’t changed. Okay.”

The two nukos began to relax as Sowon’s rage died down some more.

“I know, love you unnie. Mm. Bye.”

Sowon sighed and threw her phone on the couch before slouching into the furniture slightly defeated by what she had to do.

“Sowon unnie? Are you okay?”

Sowon looked up and smiled halfheartedly.

“Come here baby girl.”

Umji immediately ran to Sowon’s hand and clung onto her fingers.

“You too Yerin ah.”

Yerin stepped closer, grabbing hold of Sowon’s sleeve instead.

“It’s going to get a bit crowded in here.”