please hold

Sowon's Children

Sowon groaned as she rubbed at her back, she had just return home from her night shift and was getting ready for bed.

Stepping into the bedroom, she smiled when she saw Eunha and Umji holding hands in their sleep. She shuffled about putting things in certain places and crawled under the blankets. In the morning, she’d go to class, once she’s gone and her kids wake up, they’ll see a surprise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Umji yawned as she woke up, wanting to stretch, she lifted her hands, but one hand was being held down. Peeking out of one eye, she saw another hand holding hers. Opening her other eye, she saw that it was Eunha. Smiling softly, she squeezed the cutie unnie’s hand lightly.

Glancing over at Yuju, she smiled when she was met face to face with a foot instead of a face.

Most of the time, if Umji was not holding or hugging Yuju in her sleep, Yuju would somehow manage to flip around in the basket even with the little space in there left because of three nukos in it. She also managed not to kick Umji in her process of flipping around.

“Urgh….”

Umji’s ear flicked, who was groaning? Peeking over the edge of the basket, Umji grinned when she saw Yerin. Yerin was biting on SinB’s shoulder and SinB was complaining in her sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Good morning everybody!”

Yuju smiled brightly from her position on the basket. Umji was still holding Eunha’s hand but Eunha was already awake and now playing with Umji’s fingers.

Yerin whined before throwing off her blanket to wake herself up. Sitting up, she was met face to face by a white smile. At the end of the bed, Sowon set a white teddy bear to sit up and face Yerin. If it didn’t look as cuddly as it did, it probably would have been very scary for Yerin.

Crawling over to the teddy, Yerin found a sticky note behind it.

[ To Yerinnie,

I know you tend to twist things in your sleep, and your arms used to be empty until SinB came along. I’m not sure if SinB doesn’t mind it or she’s just letting you do as you please with her in your sleep or she’s putting up with it, but you can hug this teddy to sleep if you want to. I’m not saying that I know that SinB doesn’t like it, you should ask her. Either way, this is a present for you my dear Yennie.

Love,

Sowonnie]

Hugging the teddy bear to herself, she snuggled her face in its shoulder.

SinB stared at something else.

“What’s that unnie?”

There was a small wrapped box next to the teddy bear, with a separate sticky note.

[To SinB,

I originally wanted to get you a doll like Yerinnie but I saw this in the store and I knew it definitely had to be yours.  I’m not sure what else to really say to you, you’re mysterious and you don’t open up often. Haha, will I have to use my birthday wish to get you to talk to me?

Love,

Sowonnie

p.s. Tell the others that they have presents too. They’ll get them after dinner tonight.]

SinB bristled with anticipation as she opened the small box. There, neatly folded in the box was a black leather jacket and cool sunglasses.

Flipping the tag on the sunglasses, she smiled.

[Also, even though these matches your outwards appearance too well, I don’t want you to wear them all the time, I love seeing your eyes and I love your marshmallow insides, do show it more often please.]

Putting on the sunglasses and leather jacket, she posed and turned to Yerin.

“Do I look cool yet?”

Yerin nodded dumbly, causing SinB to smirk.

“Yah! SinB! Your face! Your face!”

Quickly slapping her cheeks and rubbing them a little, she relaxed into a smile.

“Thanks, Yerin unnie.”

“Boo yah!”

Umji cheered, she had been helping SinB reverse her outer emotions to show her true self a bit better. Sure, she had to remind SinB when she smirked, but she had managed a beautiful smile on her own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once the door opened, all the nukos ran out to the front door.

“Sowon unnie!”

“Where’s my present!”

“I love you!”

“Thanks…”

“WAH!”

Sowon blinked, looking at her nukos she grinned.

“I’m home?”

“Wah.”

Scooping Yuju up, she kissed her cheek.

“Why’re you saying wah? What’s up?”

“I just felt like it, they were all saying things and I couldn’t think of a good enough one liner.”

“Haha, you cutie.”

Sowon set Yuju back on the bridge, walking to put her stuff in her office room, her nukos following on the bridges like ducklings and their mother.

“Ah, right! I forgot to ask you two. Eunha? Yuju? Do you want me to call you by your given names?”

Eunha rubbed her head, Yuju rubbed SinB’s head.

“Hey!”

“I think whatever you call us is fine. After all, we all call Yewon, Umji or Omuji but you call her Yewonnie a lot.”

Sowon smiled and ruffled Eunha’s hair, watching with happiness as Eunha gave a short purr.

“Arasso.”

================

AAAAAHHHH I can't believe I skipped two daysssss AAAAAA finals are coming up and now I think I might have a really unstable updating regime until they are over. For sure in maybe two weeks? It will return to daily updates I'm so sorry!!!