Getting cozy pt 1

Sowon's Children

Umji’s tail smacked Sowon in the face as the alarm buzzed her awake, Sowon grumbled as her brain woke up.

“Urgh.”

Pressing a sleepy kiss to Umji’s back, she scooted off the bed to get ready. She got ready for school and headed to the kitchen while rubbing her face.

“What should breakfast be?”

She searched through the fridge and only retrieved milk.

“Hm, I should go shopping with them later today, their breakfast will be the leftovers from yesterday, I’ll have to buy lunch and bring it back for them.”

She hummed to herself as she drank a cup of cold milk, she poured four cups of milk for her kids and placed them in the microwave. Heading into her room, she carefully picked Yuju up to put her properly in the basket so she didn’t accidentally kick Eunha in the face. Carefully tucking her in, Sowon brushed Eunha’s fringe out of her face. Walking over to Yerin, she smiled softly, Yerin’s tail was being held in both her little hands.

“Should I get her a doll? Her tail will be uncomfortable in the long run.”

Yerin had a habit of wringing things in her hands in her sleep, perhaps if she had a bigger object, she wouldn’t accidentally twist her tail? Sowon kissed Yerin’s cheek before reaching over to Umji. Shifting the blanket back on her youngest nuko, Sowon sighed silently. She felt bad that Umji would be dealing with so many newcomers in such a short time. After Yerin, she had not even considered getting another. It was just going to be just Umji, Yerin and her, a grand happy family. But now that her sister had dumped her nukos on her, it was going to be hard to let them go even if she kind of got the feeling that her sister would dump them on her more than her sister would spend time with them due to her work. Just what did her sister think?

Rubbing at Umji’s cheek lightly, she kissed her little head.

“Thank you for being so accommodating and sharing your living space Yewon ah. I love you.”

Sowon made a mental note to reward her youngest nuko, maybe an ice lolli when they got to the market?

She got up and left for classes, thinking of ways to make sure Umji didn’t overwork herself trying to be nice. She would even be fine if Umji didn’t like their temporary residents, Umji didn’t express her wants often.

“Well, focus on class first.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Umji giggled as soon as she heard the door close, she had woken up when the alarm rang and she didn’t feel like trying to go back to sleep, opting to lay there until Sowon came in the room. She pretended to be asleep and heard all of Sowon’s worries.

Yup, for sure her Sowon unnie was the best person in the world. She giggled a little louder, she lay on her back, her arms crossed behind her head as she waited for the others to wake on their own. Her tail swished next to her excitedly and she tried to hold in her giggling but it didn’t really work. She was just so happy, she couldn’t contain it.

It was already known to her that Sowon loved her over the world but to hear Sowon say it to her and praising her all in one sentence, it just made her feel giddy.

“I love you too Sowon unnie hihihi.”

She kicked her feet in the air, maybe she could go get food before the others woke? Nah, eating together was much more fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon grumbled as people bumped into her on the bus. She was trying to rush home with lunch in her arms but people just had to board so slowly and shove extra hard even when she wasn’t in the way.

====================

please excuse my absence, it wasn't my intention to not have a chapter up today, I just didn't expect my project to require me to sit my bottom in a chair for 8 hours straight to figure out how to do it...I hate using python, its super complicated for me....I'll double update tomorrow to make up for it, I hope you enjoyed this tidbit