R u ready for the party?

Sowon's Children

Making sure that Umji’s fever was completely gone, she tucked Umji back into her blankets before stepping away.

“So Yewonnie will be fine?”

“Of course.”

Sowon held Yerin to her cheek. Reassuring her that nothing bad was going to happen like she had described the other night.

“If you ever feel sick though, make sure to tell me. Don’t be like Omuji who held out for a few hours.”

“I promise.”

“Thanks honey.”

She kissed Yerin’s cheek quickly.

“The party is the day after tomorrow, do you feel up to it?”

“Mm, I’ll be fine.”

Sowon rubbed Yerin’s head softly, letting the blond nuko rub against her fingers willingly.

“I’ll be preparing somethings before bed okay?”

“Okay, good night Sojung unnie.”

“Good night Yerinnie.”

Sowon tucked Yerin beside SinB who, in her sleep, threw her arm around Yerin’s waist, pulling her closer. Sowon smiled as Yerin scooted closer to the younger nuko.

Kissing them good night, she left the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Are you going to be home all day today too?”

Umji looked up at Sowon from the kitchen counter as Sowon washed the dishes from breakfast.

“Mhm, I’ll be here all day.”

“But I’m already better?”

“I’m getting ready for the party silly goose.”

Sowon poked Umji’s forehead lightly, causing the nuko to pout.

“Hmph!”

“I love you too silly goose.”

Umji grinned and went back to Yuju’s side, rubbing her chin on Yuju’s shoulder.

“Hey.”

Once the dishes were placed on the drying rack, Yerin ran up to Sowon and climbed her arm to her shoulder, leaving SinB staring after her. She was unable to balance well so she had given up trying to learn how to balance up there with Yerin. Sitting near Eunha, she settled with just watching her blond unnie.

“She’s just so cool.”

Eunha looked at SinB like she was crazy.

“Yerin unnie? Cool? She’s a fluffy marshmallow that’s completely opposite to you.”

“Hey, I can be sweet.”

“Yea yea, not often. Can I braid your hair?”

“Mm.”

Eunha scooted over and began threading the highlighted hair together, over and under and over and under.

“I promise it’ll look cool.”

“Whatever.”

SinB leaned back against Eunha’s front, blocking Eunha from working efficiently.

“Hey! Sit properly!”

“No, I’m just gonna lean on you, my squishy unnie.”

“Hey! I’m a good squishy!”

“I never said you were a bad squishy.”

Eunha puffed her cheeks but continued to braid SinB’s hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuju stared as Sowon put up a mini Christmas tree and a bigger one in the corner.

“What’s the smaller one for?”

“Hm? That’s for you guys to decorate tomorrow, we’ll draw some out on paper and cut them out. Then we thread them with a ribbon to make the ornaments.”

Yuju winked as Sowon patted her head lightly.

“Cuties.”

Sowon rubbed her cheek against Yerin’s who remained on her shoulder, Yerin was playing with her long hair.

Umji ran around the house grabbing her crayons and markers.

“Sowon unnie! Have you seen my ink pens?”

“It’s in the fourth drawer of the white drawer.”

“Thank you!”

Umji quickly blew a kiss before running to grab her pens.

“What’s she doing?”

Sowon smiled and pat Yuju’s .

“She’s grabbing the supplies for making the ornaments, go help her. I don’t want her to overstress herself, especially after just getting better.”

“Yes captain!”

Yuju saluted before running after Umji on the bridges. Sowon smiled, she loved hearing the pitter patter of the tiny feet on the bridges, it reminded her that she wasn’t alone, no matter how lonely she was outside of the house.

Yerin pat her cheek lightly, grabbing her attention.

“Are you okay Sowon unnie? You look like you’re going to cry.”

“I’m okay Yennie, I’m always okay, thank you for asking honey.”

She kissed Yerin’s cheek as thanks before continuing her set up. She had to pin up the Christmas lights on the wall and throw the tinsel over the Christmas tree.

“Does everyone want hot chocolate?”

A small sound rang through the halls as Sowon smiled, Umji came running out of the study room with her pens in hand.

“ME! Ahem, a hot chocolate for me please.”

“Me too.”

Yuju shoulder bumped Umji lightly, giggling.

“Eunha too!”

She was still braiding SinB’s hair and SinB had fallen asleep against Eunha. Yerin made her way down and sat down next to SinB, pulling her to lean on her shoulder instead.

“Cha, quickly finish the braiding and then let her sleep.”

“Thanks, Yerin unnie.”

Eunha kissed Yerin’s cheek as thanks, Yerin’s face colored a cute pink. She wasn’t used to open affection yet, much like Umji when she was younger. She didn’t color when it was Sowon though, it became natural to accept Sowon’s love but from a fellow nuko? She was unsure about it, it made her heart flutter. Was she allowed to display affection that way too?

Yerin shook her head lightly, no, not now at least. Maybe later, when SinB wasn’t asleep on her shoulder making the cutest snoring sounds ever.

Yerin hummed as she waited patiently.

“Hot chocolate will be served in two minutes.”

Chorusing together, “Thank you unnie, saranghaee!”

==================

woohooo tomorrow the christmas party even though it isn't christmas yet! I'm not certain about how many chapters there are left but it will end before new years, I have a plan to start a new story with the new year from ten ideas that I will release in a few days to show a sample and then all you lovely readers can pick for me!