Fall cleaning

Sowon's Children

Umji and Yerin held a little cloth to their faces, watching Sowon from their perch on the bridge.

Sowon was doing fall cleaning for winter. Through the year, they didn’t use the air conditioning often as they were fine with a box fan but during winter, they had to use the heater. Unscrewing each vent, Sowon pulled off the cover and yanked out the filters to clean. Other than cleaning the filters, she’d stick her vacuum cleaner as far in the vent to clean up any residual dust, sometimes she’d reveal some creepy crawlies which would cause some terror before Umji sprayed it with soap.

Sowon screamed as a spider ran from the vent across the wall dodging her vacuum. Umji dashed down with her little bottle spraying it with her feline instincts faster than Sowon’s. Yerin rolled her eyes from above, it was just a little spider, there was no need for panic.

“Thanks, Umji yah.”

After cleaning all the vents in the apartment, Sowon put everything away and gathered Umji into her arms, her offer to Yerin rejected by the nuko not understanding why.

“I’m turning on the air purifier.”

“Okay.”

Umji looked at Yerin like ‘girl you don’t know how scary that thing is’ and shook her head, her hands over her cat ears, pressing the sides of her arms to her human ears. As the air purifier hummed to life, Yerin learned why Umji was so scared.

Yelping, her hands shot up to cover her ears. Sowon smiled softly reaching out to hold her. They sat together in the bedroom where the sound was less devastating to their sensitive ears.

“Sorry, guys. But it has to be done.”

“I know Sowon unnie.”

Yerin nodded after Umji. The bed was placed on the inside corner of the room from the door so Sowon was sat at the corner, hugging her little nukos to her stomach.

“It’ll be over soon.”

The air purifier ran for a while before shutting down on its own as it detected less dust. Carefully, Yerin uncovered her ears and looked at Umji signaling that it was fine to uncover.

“It’s over.”

“Mm.”

Yerin looked up from her position, Sowon hadn’t moved in the last few minutes. Sowon had fallen asleep, her head against the wall, arms limp around them. The reality was, for humans, it was a soft hum, the air purifier that is. Yerin studied Sowon’s face, from her long hair that now fell over her beautiful face to her slightly open mouth. Umji watched Yerin from the side, a little happier that Yerin was getting closer to Sowon. Umji shuffled a bit, wiggling out of Sowon’s grasp and down to the ground.

“You hungry Yerin unnie?”

“Eh? Unnie?”

“Mm, I figure you’re older than me.”

“Well I was born on -- -- ----.”

“Eh? That’s my birthday in another cat year.”

“Really? We share the same birthday?”

“Mm, but you’re older than me by a few.”

“Wow.”

“So, you coming for food?”

“Mm.”

Yerin cautiously wiggled her way out of Sowon’s hand but in Sowon’s unconsciousness, her hand held Yerin again. Crinkling her brow, Sowon made a small noise.

“Don’t leave me.”

Yerin stopped struggling immediately. What was Sowon scared of? What was her weakness? She really wanted to know.

“Um, I’ll get you some food just stay there.”

“Thanks.”

Umji left on her ramp to the kitchen to grab some lucky charms.

Yerin returned to staring at her current owner, what was her story? Why did she take her in in the first place? Why was she able to be so nice?

Hearing the little tapping of Umji trotting back over the bridge, she turned to look at Umji who was holding two handfuls of lucky charms. (Which probably would be like maybe 15 pieces? Tiny hands.)

Handing Yerin a yellow hourglass marshmallow and a little pink heart along with the regular cereal, Umji grinned. Popping a blue rainbow marshmallow in her own m.outh she happily chewed the sugar lump. Yerin stared at the yellow hourglass, curiously she bit half of it, not expecting it’s sweetness to be so intense. Sticking her tongue out she wondered how Umji ate the whole chunk of sugar in one go. Mixing the flavor with the regular cereal was better than just eating the marshmallows alone.

Sowon shifted, waking slowly.

“Oh? You got lucky charms.”

She checked her clock on the nightstand, noticing it was time for lunch.

“Ah, I’ll go make lunch now. Don’t eat anymore okay?”

“Mm.”

Yerin nodded, still too afraid to voice her thoughts to the young adult. Rubbing Yerin’s head slowly, Sowon set her down on the bed as she left to the kitchen.

Umji grinned.

“Isn’t it nice here?”

“Mm.”

Umji grinned wider, her canine biting a cereal in the center.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Okay, come out for lunch!”

Umji grabbed Yerin’s hand, leading her up to the bridge to the kitchen, quickly running across to the other side and down the rope ladder as Yerin cautiously walked across the bridge. She hadn’t said anything yet but the truth was, she was quite terrified of heights.

“Get used to this Yerin-ah, don’t worry the owner.”

Yerin talked to herself to make sure she made it across. Sowon watched from her seat at the table, smiling lightly when Yerin made it to the rope ladder. She also hadn’t said anything but she already knew that Yerin wasn’t fond of heights. Hopefully she’d become fine with it after a while of using the bridges.

Arriving at the table, Yerin noticed that Umji was already halfway done with her bowl. She sat down at her bowl and began to eat the bit of sunny side egg and noodles.

“How is it?”

“Delicious!”

“How about you Yerinnie?”

“Huh? It’s great, thank you.”

“You don’t have to say thank you if you don’t have to, I know just from your happy face.”

Sowon caressed Yerin’s soft cheek before getting up to clean her things.

Yerin watched Sowon’s backside.

“What luck I met such a wonderful owner.”

“Yes! So, wonderful an owner! But don’t ever call her owner, she’s your unnie now. In fact you can even call her mom.”

“Eh?”

“Yup, if you ever felt like it, you can call me mom. I do prefer unnie though.”

Yerin watched as Sowon returned from the kitchen, beaming a bright smile at her. Was she an angel?

“Wow.”

==================

Hehehehhehehehhehehehhe FLUFF FLUFF and MORE FLUFFFFFF